Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:29:57 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land: Your favourite songs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ancient Land: Your favourite songs  (Read 1341 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2021, 12:27:38 PM »

As always, don't hesitate to give reasons why you chose that song. Honourable mentions also accepted! Enjoy voting  ;D
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »

Reasons for the songs I chose:

Follow Me: I love the originality that this song has – the blend of traditional Irish folk with modern-day contemporary sounds makes it sound very creative – but I think Gavin and Méav should also applauded for their songwriting, because the mix of English and Irish Gaelic lyrics help give the song a very Celtic Woman-esque feel while still maintaining the fairytale-like theme it has too.

Garden of Eden: Éabha could not have done better when it came to writing AND performing a solo for the album; just listen to it and you'll have a better understanding as to why. (FUN FACT – Lloyd Butler, the music director for the tour, said that this was his favourite to perform live while he was asking for questions on Celtic Woman's Instagram stories during the US/Canada leg of the tour!)

The Enchanted Way: If The Kesh Inn had a sequel, this would certainly be it – Tara must have had so much fun recording and playing this live!

Ballroom of Romance: As someone who adores céilí songs this is certainly no exception. One feature of the song that I particularly enjoyed was, if you listen VERY closely, the use of a modern electric guitar against the aforementioned blend I mentioned in Follow Me. It makes it sound even more magical!

Orinoco Flow: Although the original version is always the better, this is still very well done and never ceases to make me have a little dance.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 04:16:31 AM by GG » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Ancient Land: Your favourite songs - Theme by GlenS