Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:06 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land on Tour
| | | |-+  2019 Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2019 Tour  (Read 23846 times)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2018, 01:21:10 PM »

the show in Utah is on March 29

That's funny, because when I look at the list now I do not see any Ancient Land shows in Utah, Tom.  On March 29 they are doing a show in New Hampshire.

The Rosemont, IL show is on a Sunday afternoon and it is right near O'Hare airport, so flying to Chicago for the weekend would be an easy option.  (And I have lots of family there.)

I do not see Las Vegas on the list, but I see a few places near me that have weekend shows: Phoenix on a Friday night, Long Beach the next Saturday, and Thousand Oaks the next Sunday afternoon.  If I spend a weekend in California I could see the latter two shows, which are both in the Los Angeles area.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »

Well none here in Wisconsin for me so if I want to see a show I will have to come over by you Tracie does the PBS there have tickets
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 05:19:38 PM »

the show in Utah is on March 29

That's funny, because when I look at the list now I do not see any Ancient Land shows in Utah, Tom.  On March 29 they are doing a show in New Hampshire.

The Rosemont, IL show is on a Sunday afternoon and it is right near O'Hare airport, so flying to Chicago for the weekend would be an easy option.  (And I have lots of family there.)

I do not see Las Vegas on the list, but I see a few places near me that have weekend shows: Phoenix on a Friday night, Long Beach the next Saturday, and Thousand Oaks the next Sunday afternoon.  If I spend a weekend in California I could see the latter two shows, which are both in the Los Angeles area.

Looks like they were adjusting some of the venues / dates throughout the afternoon.

Yeah, that Utah show isn't there anymore.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 07:42:23 PM »

7 shows in Florida.  4 in a row in acceptable driving loop.  Probably won't do it, although would have in the past.  Already sent email to my local PBS station asking about tickets.  Answer was to stay tuned for the TV show and call then.  In the past, they would take your money any time.  Oh well, one more PBS possibility.

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 09:18:19 PM »

Well none here in Wisconsin for me so if I want to see a show I will have to come over by you Tracie does the PBS there have tickets

Glen, I just checked the Twin Cities PBS website (https://www.tpt.org) and they don't have a meet and greet listed yet. I'm going to email them and ask.

The CW website said Orpheum in Minneapolis, but it's actually State Theater. That one has 500 fewer seats. Gregg and I are going to get presale tickets tomorrow right when the presale starts. If there is a meet and greet, then we'll put the tickets that we get tomorrow up for resale. Worked perfectly on the Homecoming tour.

We're contemplating other locations for an additional show. I sure am glad they have Minneapolis on the list because the next closest show to us is in the suburbs of Chicago (8 hour drive).
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »

Looks like I'll be doing 2 shows for starters (3 if they add Red Rocks later).

There are more shows well within reasonable driving range (< 7 hours), but they're all during the middle of the week and too far away to drive back home after the show. So extra shows would mean spending vacation days as essentially driving days.

Normally I wouldn't mind but considering how many vacation days I'm going to need next year, I've got to hold some in reserve:
- Lisa Kelly spring show + maybe a Christmas show next year too
- Multiple Chloë shows (probably 3)
- Red Rocks
- CaraNua? (fingers still crossed)
- Amy Rivard show, somewhere

And that's a lot of vacation days required just for those and that's assuming nothing else crazy happens next year like another Celtic Woman DVD recording.

The mini-roadie trip always seems like a good idea until I actually think about the practicality of it.

There's still a chance they could add shows, later that I could get to, but most likely the additional shows will be mid-west, west coast, and east coast, not close enough to drive to.
VegasDavid

🌴

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 01:22:09 AM »

After systematically checking flight options to all the Saturday and Sunday shows, here's my plan to see up to 3 shows without using any vacation days:

I am definitely planning to buy a ticket for the show in Long Beach, California on Saturday May 4.  I can easily fly out there on Friday after work, sleep, spend all day Saturday exploring the city (it looks beautiful), and then walk to the Celtic Woman concert at 7:30pm.  The next day, I might go see the Sunday afternoon show in Thousand Oaks, California, since I can get a late flight that gets me back to Las Vegas before midnight.

I'm also thinking about getting a ticket for Minneapolis, Minnesota.  Besides the awesomeness of getting to see GlenS, Tracie, and Gregg, it seems to actually be the only other spot where it is practical for me to fly there on Friday after work, sleep, and then see Ancient Land the next day.  The airfare for that trip is not too bad.

I received a presale code through the Celtic Woman mailing list today.  I am assuming that I just need to enter that code on Ticketmaster tomorrow when the presale starts, but I've never done that sort of thing before so let me know if I'm missing something!
Johnjumps1903

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 01:46:27 AM »

Im thinking they might have shortened next years USA tour to make more time to tour in other countries additionally??....🤔
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 07:39:21 AM »

After systematically checking flight options to all the Saturday and Sunday shows, here's my plan to see up to 3 shows without using any vacation days:

I am definitely planning to buy a ticket for the show in Long Beach, California on Saturday May 4.  I can easily fly out there on Friday after work, sleep, spend all day Saturday exploring the city (it looks beautiful), and then walk to the Celtic Woman concert at 7:30pm.  The next day, I might go see the Sunday afternoon show in Thousand Oaks, California, since I can get a late flight that gets me back to Las Vegas before midnight.

I'm also thinking about getting a ticket for Minneapolis, Minnesota.  Besides the awesomeness of getting to see GlenS, Tracie, and Gregg, it seems to actually be the only other spot where it is practical for me to fly there on Friday after work, sleep, and then see Ancient Land the next day.  The airfare for that trip is not too bad.

I received a presale code through the Celtic Woman mailing list today.  I am assuming that I just need to enter that code on Ticketmaster tomorrow when the presale starts, but I've never done that sort of thing before so let me know if I'm missing something!

David, that would be so much fun to hang out again if you come to Minneapolis! Tom, wanna come too!? We've got a guest room and couches available if anybody would prefer that over a hotel. You guys are certainly welcome - we had such blast hanging out with you in Ireland!

For the presale code, once the presale starts, Ticketmaster will have a spot where you type the code in. Once you enter the code, you can then select tickets as normal.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:44:28 AM by Tracie » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2018, 07:48:39 AM »

Im thinking they might have shortened next years USA tour to make more time to tour in other countries additionally??....🤔

John, I think you're probably right about that. Even shortening this tour to 64 is still a lot of shows in the US. The rest of the world deserves to hear their beautiful music live too 😀
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2018, 08:25:17 AM »

David, that would be so much fun to hang out again if you come to Minneapolis! Tom, wanna come too!? We've got a guest room and couches available if anybody would prefer that over a hotel. You guys are certainly welcome - we had such blast hanging out with you in Ireland!

For the presale code, once the presale starts, Ticketmaster will have a spot where you type the code in. Once you enter the code, you can then select tickets as normal.

Too far to drive, but it is on a weekend...
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2018, 11:11:50 AM »

Purchased my tickets for:

Wed, Apr 10 @ 7:00pm
Fox Theatre Detroit
Detroit MI
Second row center (first row was already reserved)

Tue, Mar 26 @ 7:00pm
Rochester Auditorium Theatre
Rochester NY
First row center

Woohoo!!!

Now I just need to keep checking with PBS for M+G tickets!

What kind of sucks is I just got the best available seats that I may end up not even using if I get M+G tickets.

Lol.

Well, someone will benefit from my swift action, anyways.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2018, 07:23:10 PM »

Gregg and I have front row pit for Minneapolis! I messaged David right after purchasing and found out he has the seat right next to us!

I wonder if the front row pit seats being up for sale means no meet and greet? I've got an email out to the local PBS station, so we'll see. Want meet and greet!
VegasDavid

🌴

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »

I bought my two tickets today as well!

2018-05-04, 7:30 PM
Terrace Theater, Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center
Long Beach, CA
Second row, center

2018-05-18, 7:00 PM
State Theatre
Minneapolis, MN
First row, next to Tracie & Gregg 😊

For Long Beach, I could have grabbed the second-to-leftmost seat in the first row, but the second row was empty and I thought getting a seat in the center of it would be better.  I'm not sure if it was the best decision.

I also bought plane tickets so I can spend all of Saturday in each city before the concert.  I'll get hotels soon.  (Thanks for the offer though, Tracie!)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:53:51 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2018, 08:59:37 PM »

oh shit Minneapolis $155.00 a seat to much for me without a M&G I guess I will pass this year. I think I will look up a Harp twins concert they only charge $20.00 a seat and give a free M&G after the show for photos and they will sign anything for you
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 2019 Tour - Theme by GlenS