Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:46:04 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  The Magic of Christmas 2019 Tour
| | |-+  Favorite tracks from "The Magic of Christmas" album
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite tracks from "The Magic of Christmas" album  (Read 2428 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2019, 01:26:26 AM »

What are your favorite tracks from the Celtic Woman: The Magic of Christmas album and why?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 05:34:17 AM »

This is going to take a lot of thought and I'll probably change my mind frequently! How do I choose 3 favorites from 15 perfect, amazing, gorgeous songs? I'll get back to this!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 09:57:38 PM »

I went with:

Auld Lang Syne
Amid the Falling Snow
Dia Do Bheatha

It was a really tough decision between Dia Do Bheatha and O Holy Night. I loved both, but Dia Do Bheatha was really fun and something I've never heard before. O Holy Night could have had a bigger climax, I suppose, so I didn't pick it in my top 3.

It was an even tougher call with O Come, O Come Emmanuel for top 3. That arrangement was amazing! Dia Do Bheatha was just soooo fun to listen to!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 10:00:42 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 08:56:56 AM »

This was still very difficult to choose, as I could have easily put any of the 15 songs in my top 3. To get a vote in, I went with Sleigh Ride, Carol of the Bells, and Auld Lang Syne. I have always loved Sleigh Ride and Carol of the Bells, and these new versions completely blow away any others out there. And this version of Auld Lang Syne is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard and has brought me to tears both hearing it live and hearing it on this album. Love it so much!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Favorite tracks from "The Magic of Christmas" album - Theme by GlenS