Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:02:25 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Other Musicians (Moderator: CWazyTom)
| | |-+  Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show (cinematic / TV special)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show (cinematic / TV special)  (Read 1494 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2020, 08:17:22 PM »

Back on February 9th, 2020 (I cringe as I type the year now), the Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show got filmed.

It was supposed to be released in selected cinemas and it still might at some point, I suppose.

But it looks like it's going to air on PBS in the meantime.

My station is airing it starting this week.

I'm not sure if Edel Murphy is in the recorded version or not (she was to be part of the touring version in the UK). She's not in the credits on IMDB, but then again, neither is Tara Howley (pipes + whistles) and I thought she as in the recorded version.

I guess I'll find out when I watch it this week and report back.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 09:20:24 PM »

It was a good production!

EDIT: That was Edel in it. I had to watch a few times closely as it was really hard to tell. She had a totally different hair style and makeup than when I saw her in Riverdance live.

Tara Howley was in the show though. She's really good! Her performance of "Caoineadh Cú Chulainn" (Lament) on the uilleann pipes was emotional. It's not the catchiest song, but the way she plays it is overwhelmingly beautiful. She brought tears to my eyes when I saw her live in Dublin and she did it again tonight.

The stage was really spectacular (far more so than either of the 2 times I saw it on tour). The backdrop was a massive video screen and the settings shown on it were gorgeous!

The show was great! Lots of fun numbers, energetic music, and awesome dancing.

The pledge breaks were really long. But during the pledge breaks, the showed brief clips of Ancient Land (as an example of the fantastic programming brought to you by my local PBS station and viewers like me. The pledge gifts were a DVD, a 2-DVD collection (the show and a 25th anniversary commemorative DVD ... basically a bonus feature on a separate DVD). There was also a bundle available of the 2 DVDs and the 25th Anniversary CD, which features Lynn on 3 songs! I already have the CD. ;)

A good show. Certainly worth watching if your PBS station shows it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:46:23 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 01:00:58 PM »

I watched again closer to the TV screen. It does look like Edel. Her hair and makeup was really different than when I saw her live, so it was really tough to tell.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show (cinematic / TV special) - Theme by GlenS