Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:27 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Alex Sharpe
| | |-+  Personalized Christmas Shows!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Personalized Christmas Shows!  (Read 3240 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2020, 05:47:34 PM »

On her epic Facebook Live today, Alex announced she's offering personalized Christmas shows over zoom!

She's going to offer tickets through her website.

She'll offer a menu of about 20-30 songs to choose from and you get to pick 10 for your show! You can have as many or as few people in the concert as you want for your private show. It can be you, your friends, your family, etc.

It sounds like the shows will be about 40-60 minutes in length.

Amazing early Christmas gift from Alex!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:51:57 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 08:35:40 AM »

I am super excited for the personalized Christmas shows! I think it's an awesome idea and will be so much fun!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »

Alex said today the fee for the concerts will be $300.00 or $350.00 some people were thinking she was going to do these 1 hour concerts for free. That would be nice but she has to live also. Bless her heart.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 03:34:48 PM »

I'm definitely getting one. I'm grateful for this opportunity and even more glad I get to support her in the process.

I'm sure there will be some people that feel disappointed if it's out of their price range. But the way I see it, it's cheaper than the average pair of M+G tickets and probably a much better value than a 30 second photo op.

Splitting the cost of a personalized show with other people makes it even more affordable.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 07:32:13 AM »

Alex made her virtual Christmas concerts available on her website last night:
https://www.alexsharpeofficial.com/christmas-concerts

They're available to be booked between November 27 - December 23.

60 minutes
300 Euros

She has a list of 42 songs and you get to pick 10 of them for your customized set list!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 10:59:20 AM »

Alex made her virtual Christmas concerts available on her website last night:
https://www.alexsharpeofficial.com/christmas-concerts

They're available to be booked between November 27 - December 23.

60 minutes
300 Euros

She has a list of 42 songs and you get to pick 10 of them for your customized set list!

300 Euros is 350.00 us today it is 300 Euro = 349.53 US Dollar
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 07:42:32 PM »

Compared with the cost of a typical PBS M+G (aka 30 second photo op), it's not bad. Plus the cost of a the concert can be split among attendees to increase affordability. If you have like 5 people in a group, a concert is only around $70 US / person.

I'm glad she's adapting to this difficult situation and finding opportunities to continue making a living.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 10:53:22 PM »

Here's a video of Alex explaining "Christmas At Home," the series of personalized, private virtual concerts she's offering:

Christmas At Home, Star Cloths and Magic
https://vimeo.com/474828745

Here's a sort of teaser video she posted today for her Soul Song Sunday series. It does contain a peak at the set she's created for the Christmas At Home concerts and it has one of the songs from her menu. The song itself at about 8:08, but the preamble is pretty touching as well. The song included a little surprise and you may want to have tissues ready in case you need them:

Love Is Christmas
https://vimeo.com/482439596

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 10:39:36 PM »

Gregg, Tracie, Rachel, David and I had our Christmas at Home concert with Alex on Saturday!

We were apparently her first!

She performed the show in her Shine Performing Arts studio (which is on her yard). She had spent weeks gathering decorations, testing different backdrops, and preparing tracks to perform for her concerts. Because we were her first show, we took a bit of time to get some settings adjusted and give some feedback. She sent us instructions before the show for how to configure zoom properly for the singalong portions.

Her camera had some difficulties focusing on everything in the picture at once. She was in pretty good focus, but things on the fringe (like the tree) were a little blurry. I didn't think it was a big deal at all though. The set still looked pretty and the most important thing was that we could see and hear Alex!

The connection was really good. There was little or no jitter during the concert. Alex sounded fantastic! She sounded clear, she was loud enough, and there didn't seem to be any audio clipping. She sang to backing tracks she had playing through her system, the same way she's been doing her recent Soul Song Sunday episodes.

Some tips if you have a show coming up:

If doing a group zoom and she's talking to the audience (you) in between songs, get back on mute if not talking. We could hear her the whole time she was singing, but sometimes when we were chatting with her between songs, her audio would cut out unless we were all muted. It was like it was picking up sound from one us and muting her when that happened. There's probably a setting we can use to fix that for her, but it's still on my to do list.

If you're planning to participate in the sing-along portions, follow her instructions to set it up but also test it in zoom before the show (maybe a day or two before the show so you're not trying to do it at the last last minute). If you start your own zoom meeting as a test, you can record it, play it back, and listen to what you sound like when you sing. By default, Zoom will start suppressing your volume if you do things like music (including singing), but the right settings will stop that from happening to you. Note: the singalongs are pretty hilarious in a group zoom because of the latency differences. :D We had lots of fun with it. My singing was so bad, I tried playing whistle as accompaniment a little. I think that went decently considering I only learned those songs within 24 hours of the show. I wish I'd practice with a backing track though. That was weird playing when other people were singing. :D

If you haven't picked your songs yet, consider picking Santa Baby. That was one of the songs we picked and she did a phenomenal job with it. It was really entertaining!

We absolutely loved our show with Alex! I'm so impressed with how well it turned out and I'm grateful to her and everyone who helped her set it up for all the time and effort it took.

Alex will let you record the show, but she has to grant each participant in the zoom meeting permission on her side. Each person that's signed on to the zoom meeting needs to make their own recording. It starts / stops recording when you tell it to and saves the recording(s) at the end of the meeting.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:50:04 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 09:40:54 AM »

Gregg and I absolutely loved this Christmas at Home concert! Alex was fabulous, her voice is gorgeous, and she did a wonderful job with the decorations. It was so much fun getting to choose the setlist. I second Tom's suggestion to put in Santa Baby, which she made really fun. The whole thing was such a wonderful experience and we'd highly recommend!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Personalized Christmas Shows! - Theme by GlenS