Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:22:52 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Fun and Games (Moderator: Kevin R.I.)
| | |-+  Name That Tune
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Name That Tune  (Read 27740 times)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2023, 05:11:31 PM »

Lascia Ch'io Pianga?

It doesn't have English tho...

That is correct!

Yahooooooo!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2023, 05:16:30 PM »

I am one of the first classics original song, a solo brought back and turned into a new form. Not only that but my choreography was well worth a recording that never took off or rearranged! Which tune am I?
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2024, 04:10:58 PM »

I am one of the first classics original song, a solo brought back and turned into a new form. Not only that but my choreography was well worth a recording that never took off or rearranged! Which tune am I?

Hmm. This one is hard. I am thinking Shenandoah, which was a violin solo then a vocal solo that was never redone.

But I don't think it fits the 'original' requirement of your question.

Well, I don't mind being wrong. And I wanted to keep the ball rolling.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2024, 06:12:45 PM »

Hmm. This one is hard. I am thinking Shenandoah, which was a violin solo then a vocal solo that was never redone.

But I don't think it fits the 'original' requirement of your question.

Well, I don't mind being wrong. And I wanted to keep the ball rolling.

A very good guess... a hint is it's title starts with an S but it isn't this one...thanks for keeping the game rolling.. ;)
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2024, 12:18:27 PM »

I'll try another guess. Is it Sive, which is a new form of Shadhbh Ní Bhruinnealaigh (previously a solo)?

Hmm. But again I'm not sure it fits the 'first classics original' requirement of your question.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2024, 04:04:17 PM »

I'll try another guess. Is it Sive, which is a new form of Shadhbh Ní Bhruinnealaigh (previously a solo)?

Hmm. But again I'm not sure it fits the 'first classics original' requirement of your question.

.. the song was a solo at first for one of the original members.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 04:06:01 PM by rfcw » Logged
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2024, 10:59:39 AM »

I'll try again. If I'm wrong this time, that'll be 3 strikes. So we'll have to rely on someone smarter than me.  :P

Is it 'Si Do Mhaimeo I'?
- It isn't 'original' in that they didn't write it. But it is 'original' in that it's on the original album.
- It was later redone as a duet on the Emerald tour. I don't think it was re-done after that as a duet or group performance.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2024, 11:15:42 AM »

I'll try again. If I'm wrong this time, that'll be 3 strikes. So we'll have to rely on someone smarter than me.  :P

Is it 'Si Do Mhaimeo I'?
- It isn't 'original' in that they didn't write it. But it is 'original' in that it's on the original album.
- It was later redone as a duet on the Emerald tour. I don't think it was re-done after that as a duet or group performance.

👏 :P

Congratulations! 🎊  You win the finest coat sewed from Emma!

It wasn't re-done after that Emerald Tour version but Meav did Guest on Destiny and sang a new touch solo version alongside with Mairead Nesbitt on the violin so it's pretty different in ways too.. I do say the duet was one of the phenomenal evolution ✨️ evolvement for that song. What is a real bummer is there was so many rotational versions that we couldn't listen to from anyone on the internet.

Meav and Mairead C - Found
Lynn and Mairead C - Emerald Tour so Def Found, X also
Lynn and Alex - unfound
Alex and Mairead C - unfound
Eabha and Mairead C? Did they keep that song for the fall tour because it dawns me there couldn't be a clip of Eabha with Carlin...
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2024, 01:11:36 PM »

Whew...that was hard!  :P

Haha! I told Emma in person my fave line of the whole 20th concert is the "wash & wring" one. She said, "Oh this one?" and did the flamenco style hand clapping briefly.

Here's a version of 'Si Do Mhaimeo I' with Lisa and Mairead C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlmraqyCJc0
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2024, 05:48:20 PM »

Haha! I told Emma in person my fave line of the whole 20th concert is the "wash & wring" one. She said, "Oh this one?" and did the flamenco style hand clapping briefly.

How cool you got to tell her!! My line that really ignited me that she is an official CW is the part clap sowed a coat of the finest kind" love love her she has really impressed me she's as impressive and dynamic as Mairead C except Mairead isn't a newbie!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2024, 05:55:18 PM »

How cool you got to tell her!! My line that really ignited me that she is an official CW is the part clap sowed a coat of the finest kind" love love her she has really impressed me she's as impressive and dynamic as Mairead C except Mairead isn't a newbie! Her huge smile when they are dancing around in this song shows her passion of dancing which is quite telling for a first time Celtic Woman dancer aside Mairead Nesbitt 😏!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2024, 10:37:49 PM »

This song came from a British animated TV film.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2024, 10:25:26 AM »

Hint #1. This song appears on a CW 'normal' album and a CW Christmas album.
(Hmm. I wonder if this is the only song that fits that criteria.  :-\ )
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2024, 11:11:18 AM »

Hint #2. This song appears on CW albums as both a track by itself, and a track with another song (two songs listed on one track).
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2024, 02:29:32 PM »

Hint #2. This song appears on CW albums as both a track by itself, and a track with another song (two songs listed on one track).

Hint #3. This song appears on a solo album from a CW, and she sings it as a solo with CW.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Name That Tune - Theme by GlenS