Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:23:01 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Does you have the DVD?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does you have the DVD?  (Read 2953 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2022, 01:15:01 PM »

Does anybody own the Postcards from Ireland DVD yet? If so, would you fancy giving me some info, especially about the behind-the-scenes footage and interviews included?
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 04:39:41 PM »

Hate to say this but CW don't know how to ship stuff to get it on the release date the last CD release they shipped mine 3 days before the release date and I got it 2 1/2 weeks after the release date so this time I thought I would buy the DVD from PBS and CW didn't give them any till today. PBS said the DVD was on back order till 1/22/22 so anyone buying from PBS won't get there copy for about a week or so
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 05:58:02 PM »

I waited for it to be available here on Amazon since shipping was cheaper. Should arrive in a week or so.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 01:01:10 PM »

Does anybody own the Postcards from Ireland DVD yet? If so, would you fancy giving me some info, especially about the behind-the-scenes footage and interviews included?

I just received my copy from Amazon today. The behind the scenes video is well worth it. In 12 minutes they brought the whole special together and hearing each one put in their own words what the special means to them is heart touching. I really enjoyed watching it.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 01:02:40 PM »

The producer Peter Brady, who I haven't seen since ANJ or SFTH DVD special, makes an appearance.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 01:43:25 AM »

I just received my copy from Amazon today. The behind the scenes video is well worth it. In 12 minutes they brought the whole special together and hearing each one put in their own words what the special means to them is heart touching. I really enjoyed watching it.
That's great to hear! When compared to the PBS broadcast, though, were there any slight edits (such as putting the little on-set introductions to some of the songs as part of the behind-the-scenes footage)?
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 12:50:28 AM »

I watched the dvd over the weekend does anyone have software that can read the dvd is recorded at im thinking it around 360 P maybe as high as 560 P while watching the close up were a little on the grainy side. The big thing I was little upset with was you know they were paying Susan to be on this dvd well why did they not use all 5 girls and not have one sit out while the other stepped in such a waste. I know they couldn't do that on the road but they have done lots of things that never made it to the road before
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 07:04:22 PM »

I'm more than happy how everything turned out. Sure would it be been fascinating to see one group number with the 5 of them however it was a great choice have Susan on Amazing Grace with Johnstown Castle. I can't vision another song except Wild Mountain Thyme where it be neat having the 5.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 07:06:05 PM by rfcw » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 10:52:05 AM »

As much as I enjoyed the DVD, I enjoyed the Postcards tour show so much more. The DVD, while beautiful, does lack a bit of energy and as was mentioned earlier on this thread and others, there were a lot of times some of the girls were just standing there waiting for their part in the song, something that was picked up frequently as a result of the shot selection. There was lots more movement and energy on the tour, which I have absolutely loved so far!
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 03:49:21 PM »

I watched the dvd over the weekend does anyone have software that can read the dvd is recorded at im thinking it around 360 P maybe as high as 560 P while watching the close up were a little on the grainy side.

Glen, when I put the Postcards from Ireland DVD into my computer and play it with VLC, I can see it is 720p.  I think that is the standard for DVDs... I'm not even sure if you can make them lower resolution.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2022, 05:16:15 PM »

As much as I enjoyed the DVD, I enjoyed the Postcards tour show so much more. The DVD, while beautiful, does lack a bit of energy and as was mentioned earlier on this thread and others, there were a lot of times some of the girls were just standing there waiting for their part in the song, There was lots more movement and energy on the tour, which I have absolutely loved so far!

The Tour was completely the exact opposite most movements and dance choreography like never before! Some of the best advancements are made later on tours as much as we wished they were on DVD Special.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Does you have the DVD? - Theme by GlenS