Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:26:37 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  A New Journey
| | |-+  A New Journey: Your favourite songs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A New Journey: Your favourite songs  (Read 3612 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:04:32 AM »

Now, A New Journey is my all-time favourite CW album and dvd. The others - well, I love them pretty much equally, some maybe a bit more than some others, but that very much depends on my mood or even a sort of "phase" and it could very much be that at some point I like an album particularly much that I wasn't too fond of earlier, or care less about one that I usually like a particular lot. But A New Journey? A New Journey - safe for the Christmas albums, perhaps - stands still on #1 of my personal Celtic Woman charts. Choosing five favourites is a particular tough choice for me, yet here they are: Mo Ghile Mear, The Blessing, Somewhere, At the Ceili, and... Beyond the Sea or The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun? I cannot choose, so I'll just say The Last Rose of Summer.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »

My top five are The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun, Caledonia, At the Ceili, Beyond the Sea and Granuaile's Dance.

Years ago I would have said that Mo Ghile Mear was in my top five or maybe even my number one from A New Journey. But I love the Voices of Angels/Homecoming version of it so much that it actually removes it from my top five of A New Journey. Thought that was an interesting personal observation.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 08:29:25 AM »

Cool choices!

This is interesting - but in a different way for me. I love both versions, but I hardly think of them as one and the same song. In fact, I love that they are so different, because that way they work well, individually with each line up, and make for less comparisons. The ANJ version is still most dear to me, but the VOA is amazing in its own right.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 11:53:58 AM »

I also love that the two versions are so different from each other. That was one of the many things that thrilled me about Voices of Angels when I first listened to it, that many of the old songs being re-recorded were completely different arrangements. 😀
chandlermattson
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »

"Newgrange," "The Blessing," "Beyond the Sea," "The Last Rose of Summer," and "The Voice."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:33:58 PM by chandlermattson » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 01:50:59 PM »

Dulaman🌿, The Blessing🌻 Beyond The Sea🌼,
Sing Out🌺, The Last Rose Of Summer🌹
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:52:35 AM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, A New Journey: Your favourite songs - Theme by GlenS