Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:53 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Disney songs Celtic Woman have not yet covered but would like to see them do
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney songs Celtic Woman have not yet covered but would like to see them do  (Read 1754 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2021, 03:45:38 PM »

Celtic Woman have already covered a few songs from the Disney renaissance on some of their studio albums over the years:

• Someday from The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) (Eternal's version, covered by Chloë on the original Celtic Woman album)
• Beyond the Sea from Finding Nemo (2003) (covered by the original cast and Hayley on A New Journey)
• You'll Be in My Heart from Tarzan (1999) (end title version, covered by Alex on Songs from the Heart)
• Circle of Life from The Lion King (1994) (covered by Chloë, Lisa K. and Lisa L. as part of the "A Tribute to Broadway" set exclusive to the Believe tour)
• Stay Awake from Mary Poppins (1964) (covered by Chloë, Lynn and Máiréad N. on Lullaby)
• When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio (1940) (covered by Lisa K. and Máiréad N. on Lullaby)
• Baby Mine from Dumbo (1942) (covered by Chloë on Lullaby)

I have a question: what Disney songs have Celtic Woman not yet covered but you would like to see them do in the future?
Some of my ideas include:

• Let it Go from Frozen (2013)
• Into the Open Air from Brave (2012) (Tara actually did a little violin/harp cover of another song from the film which you can watch here: https://www.facebook.com/taramcneillmusic/videos/i-often-get-told-i-look-like-merida-from-brave-i-wonder-why-but-if-you-know-me-a/686946495092074/?extid=SEO----)
• Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas (1995)
• Candle on the Water from Pete's Dragon (1977)
• Can You Feel the Love Tonight? or Endless Night from The Lion King (1994) (keep in mind that the latter is from the musical)
• God Help the Outcasts from The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
• Reflection from Mulan (1998)
• When She Loved Me from Toy Story 2 (1999)
• We Are One or Love Will Find a Way from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (1998)

Let me know your ideas while you can!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 06:20:40 PM »

I See the Light (Tangled)

It's not the most sophisticated song, but it has its moments.

Also, For the First Time in Forever (Frozen), which has kind of taken on a whole new meaning over the past year and a half.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 06:22:35 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 10:58:33 AM »

I think the Believe tour included Susan.

Going off some vague notes, I went to the show at RCMH, then Syracuse, then Albany (OK, I had lots of frequent flyer miles).  I had a M&G in Albany with Lisa and Susan.  This was when you actually had a minute or so to talk to them.  I asked Susan if she was nervous about doing a Broadway tribute at RCMH.  She said she never thought about it -- she was more nervous that that show was the first CW show her parents were seeing live!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 02:41:54 PM »

I would of asked what made her most nervous?
I wouldn't ask about if she was nervous doing Tribute to Broadway for she is a musical girl!😂

I think the Believe tour included Susan.

Going off some vague notes, I went to the show at RCMH, then Syracuse, then Albany (OK, I had lots of frequent flyer miles).  I had a M&G in Albany with Lisa and Susan.  This was when you actually had a minute or so to talk to them.  I asked Susan if she was nervous about doing a Broadway tribute at RCMH.  She said she never thought about it -- she was more nervous that that show was the first CW show her parents were seeing live!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 02:45:05 PM »

I wanted to throw in We Are One I absolutely love this song but you did!

Love will Find a Way with Chloe.oooh

The Next Right Thing - Megan

I see The Light - yes

That's How You Know - Like ceili type song.

Circle of Life was on the DVD.
I don't know what meant exclusive to tour.

Stay Awake has Lisa K too! I listen all the time and can recognize the three perfectly!

Beyond The Sea was part of Finding Nemo true,
but the song has a history before Disney.

:)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 02:53:05 PM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Disney songs Celtic Woman have not yet covered but would like to see them do - Theme by GlenS