Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:41:26 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration's on Tour
| | | |-+  Spoilers about the Celebration Tour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spoilers about the Celebration Tour  (Read 9274 times)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« on: October 11, 2019, 11:42:17 AM »

We have another thread where people are speculating about what songs will be included in the Celebration 15th Anniversary tour.  If anyone wants some SPOILERS, the website below mentions specific songs and gives some hints about the band:

http://www.kingcenter.com/schedule-of-events/5678-celtic-woman-celebration-the-15th-anniversary

So I thought it would be nice to start this thread for anyone who wants to be spoiled.  We can use this thread to discuss that page and any other spoiler-type information we find about the tour.

SPOILERS BELOW

⬇️

⬇️

⬇️

⬇️

⬇️

The King Center website mentions 6 songs:

- Orinoco Flow
- Téir Abhaile Riú
- You Raise Me Up
- Danny Boy
- Amazing Grace
- The Parting Glass

It also says there will be two bagpipers.  Is that the first time Celtic Woman has taken two bagpipers on tour?  Do you suppose it will be John Hunt Jr. and Anthony Byrne?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:59:16 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 12:45:32 PM »

I was actually wondering if by two pipers they meant John on bagpipes and Darragh on uilleann pipes?
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »

If you go back a couple years, Tommy Martin played the bagpipe with Anthony on certain songs.  Amazing Grace, for one.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 06:52:37 PM »

Very cool!
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:17:02 AM »

I know this is totally late for the party, but I hope when they say Teir Abhaile Riu, that they mean the original version. I really did not care for the VOA version at all. In my opinion, if they wanna show the girls playing some instruments, it should be something like The Kesh Inn. I actually adore that song! Or go a more The High Kings route and have them play and sing on one of the many Irish up-tempo songs. Whiskey In The Jar, Phil The Fluter's Ball, or even re-visiting Nil Sen La in this way would be better if you ask me.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 08:25:04 AM »

oh so does this mean more classic original CW songs a new Voices of Angels reimagined style! Yay ;D🙌

unless if they didn't have time to create record (newness) any new then Teir Abhaile Riu would be just the same VOA Homecoming version.😕

I don't suspect it will be a 10th Anniversary Tour now in 15th but instead a 15th Anniversary Voices Of Angels Esq Tour! ....

Oh how it be a Dream Come True Voices of Angels 2.0 #more classics!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:30:23 AM by rfcw » Logged
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 11:27:56 AM »

Well! As we all now know, Eabha has decided to depart from CW to focus on her solo songwriting and singing career. Firstly, let's all wish Eabha nothing but the best in all her future projects and send her our constant love and support!

Secondly, onto the Celebration Tour info: Eabha's vacancy will be filled by founding CW member Chloe Agnew! I'm very excited to see Chloe onstage with the group once again! I know that she'll be with the group when she comes to the show I'm attending in Dayton. However, she does have some prior concert commitments, so Susan will be rejoining for (I believe this number is correct; help me out if I'm wrong) six shows.

That second bit of info (particularly the part about Susan filling in briefly for Chloe during Chloe's prior commitments) leads me to believe that Eabha's departure came as a bit of a surprise to the CW team. It's so sad to see Eabha leaving, but I am truly excited to see Chloe's return (she was always my favorite). I can't wait to see what Celtic Woman has in store for us for this tour!
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »

Yeah, maybe Éabha leaving was a surprise to the Celtic Woman team.  I made my first post in this thread on October 11th, and it linked to a page on kingcenter.com with text and a picture that both indicated that Éabha would be part of the Celebration tour.  Those things probably came directly from Celtic Woman, and you'd think they would have done things differently if they knew Éabha was leaving.  I don't think they want to purposely give inaccurate information to the venues and fans.

I love hearing gossip so I wish I knew exactly who knew what and when, and whether any contracts were broken, but we'll probably never really know.
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 02:57:02 PM »

Yeah, maybe Éabha leaving was a surprise to the Celtic Woman team.  I made my first post in this thread on October 11th, and it linked to a page on kingcenter.com with text and a picture that both indicated that Éabha would be part of the Celebration tour.  Those things probably came directly from Celtic Woman, and you'd think they would have done things differently if they knew Éabha was leaving.  I don't think they want to purposely give inaccurate information to the venues and fans.

I love hearing gossip so I wish I knew exactly who knew what and when, and whether any contracts were broken, but we'll probably never really know.

Honestly, I don't think that there was any negative intentions behind Eabha's leaving. The only time there ever was would be the whole Deirdre Shannon situation, which was a true shame. My suspicion is that she simply made the decision after Christmas (people do tend to make those sorts of decisions after holidays) and then the CW team was left to make other arrangements.

And the thing is, the obvious choice would have been Susan seeing as she is really the only former singer in the Gavin Murphy era so she at least knows the songs better. But they probably wouldn't have asked her seeing as she left to start a family and her child is only a little over a year old so she wouldn't want to be away that long. Filling in for Mairead for her appendectomy or Chloe for a week or 2 wouldn't be an issue, but 80-some concerts would probably wear her out. But Chloe is a rarity in the CW membership seeing as she's still one of the youngest members, so she has the stamina, and also she's not married yet, so that means she has a bit more freedom to run off to tour with greater ease. The only other girl that applies to is Lynn who is busy with CaraNua. Now, I'm not saying Chloe has no life or career! I'm simply pointing at the as the youngest, she's in a much better position to be able to handle the tour. And the fact that she's a founding member and it's the Celebration Tour is also a wonderfully happy coincidence.

But they'll probably announce a new member some time in the summer or fall. And at least this will give The Powers That Be ample time to find a new girl to join the team!
Gregg

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 11:24:35 PM »

The crew/ladies knew beforehand. Eabha was working on an album even before joining the group as she performed Garden of Eden in New York City in support for a church in Dublin. A few stories this year showed her writing her songs for the album. This time off will allow her to finish writing and releasing her album. As Chloe said this is the 15th anniversary and she joined when she was 15.

Well! As we all now know, Eabha has decided to depart from CW to focus on her solo songwriting and singing career. Firstly, let's all wish Eabha nothing but the best in all her future projects and send her our constant love and support!

Secondly, onto the Celebration Tour info: Eabha's vacancy will be filled by founding CW member Chloe Agnew! I'm very excited to see Chloe onstage with the group once again! I know that she'll be with the group when she comes to the show I'm attending in Dayton. However, she does have some prior concert commitments, so Susan will be rejoining for (I believe this number is correct; help me out if I'm wrong) six shows.

That second bit of info (particularly the part about Susan filling in briefly for Chloe during Chloe's prior commitments) leads me to believe that Eabha's departure came as a bit of a surprise to the CW team. It's so sad to see Eabha leaving, but I am truly excited to see Chloe's return (she was always my favorite). I can't wait to see what Celtic Woman has in store for us for this tour!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2020, 11:48:03 PM »

The decision was definitely made before Christmas. I was at the Christmas tour finale and two things really stood out in that show. 1) Mairead said it was a very special night for them in a way that they couldn't explain. 2) During Auld Lang Syne, Mairead started singing her verse, but then stopped, was crying, and said she was too emotional. Megan then finished Mairead's verse and then they were all crying.

For Gregg and I, we certainly didn't miss realizing that these things were significant, but we didn't want to speculate on who might be leaving or if it meant something else entirely, and didn't want to start rumors because we had no way of knowing what exactly those things meant. We would have driven ourselves nuts contemplating all the possibilities, so we just set it aside and knew that there was only a couple of months between tours and if an announcement was coming, it wouldn't be long. Now that we've heard Eabha's announcement, yeah they knew for awhile and knew that was her final show. I'm so very glad I was there to experience it ❤
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 11:55:56 AM »

I agree upon your comment post.
I am surprised Mairead and Chloe would share the stage together at once..Although with what you say about old Chloe vs today's beautiful Chloe she will lead like Susan, Lisa Lambe..
Of course who will do the highest parts? I'm sure they'll have equality in total for both of them to expand their wings!
Alex would of filled perfectly Eabha as Alex can do low not same but you know..yes Lynn would returned a pure soprano.

I think though this was so sudden and a former member makes perfect sense for another Anniversary Tour. Perhaps Susan would of been the one but she's a new found mom and yup 80 shows be impossible. haha'.

I still wonder why Lisa Lambe or even Orla not want to just treasure an Anniversary run..Did CW beg Chloe a standout over the announcement of Eabha. Maybe Chloe saw Alex, Lynn, and Meav did the Appreciation and also Anniversry that Chloe decided she could do this...Was it Lisa K the first to say she's not ever returning and at the time Chloe agreed to.it too.  Otherwise Lisa K come on yourself as well lol.
That's why never say never! 😆

I'm very sorry to see Eabha go, after Orla I think she has the most distinctive voice in CW history and that's something :D

As for Chloe, I'm happy for her but not thrilled to see her return. Her voice and style matured in a way that I don't see very fit for CW anymore - the exxagerated gestures and the not-impressive vocals compared to the past. She has a huge stage presence but that's just a plus, in my opinion, not the foundation. It will be inevitable for many of us to compare her to Mairead who stepped in for her seven years ago.

Another thing which does'nt thrill me is the attitude both Chloe and Lisa Kelly showed in the past towards CW: more than once, they stated they weren't interested in returning, not even for reunions or anything, whatsoever. Now this. It's true that everyone is entitled to change their mind, but this is another thing many fans will inevitably consider.

Other girls have returned (Méav, Lynn, Alex, Susan) but they never said they were done with CW.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 09:01:25 AM »

A Celebration tour spoiler - there was a picture in an instagram story the other day that showed the studio they were rehearsing in and sheets of music laying on the floor. Zooming in showed song name When You Believe at the top of one of those pages.  One of Chloe's solos?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 11:55:45 PM »

There have been a couple of other very short rehearsal snippets in instagram stories that could be spoilers - one was a tiny bit of Across the World and another was a tiny bit of Homecoming Lament.

I'm glad they said they are finished with rehearsals because I want to go to opening night as spoiler-free as possible, but I'm not going to stop following them on social media!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 11:49:15 AM »

First 1st performance with Chloe on Danny Boy by Tampa!

Amazingly Chloe did ...mmm. place 😍
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Spoilers about the Celebration Tour - Theme by GlenS