Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:16:24 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Chloe Agnew
| | |-+  Chloë's Socially Distant Christmas from Red Clay Music Foundry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chloë's Socially Distant Christmas from Red Clay Music Foundry  (Read 1966 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2020, 09:12:14 PM »

On Sunday, Chloë put on two fantastic shows at Red Clay Music Foundry in Duluth, GA to a very limited in-person audience and to the masses online.

It was the same set list as her Friday concerts on Virago, with a few exceptions. She had two different dresses compared to the Friday concerts.

The stream was pretty stable and the sound was great, although the video wasn't quite as clear on Sunday as it was on Friday. The closeups of Chloë were pretty good. The wide shots of the stage were a little fuzzy.

Chloë was accompanied by 2 band members, one on piano, the other on violin. It's impressive how effective the instrumental backing was for just two instruments!

Chloë, as she always does, had lots of fun on stage and poured her heart out throughout her performances.

Before her epic closing medley, she took a moment to thank the audience in attendance, as well as those who tuned in online. She did that in both shows, but the first one was the best. Certainly one of the top 3 most beautiful, emotional on-stage moments I've experienced. It's a close call between that and what happened near the end of the shows at Red Rocks and Cedar Falls last year. They were all deeply touching and unforgettable.

Both of Chloë's shows from Sunday are still available on YouTube:
4 PM EST: https://youtu.be/IKdv0ekPFcM
8 PM EST: https://youtu.be/tGTxd58V5wc

I recommend the first one. There was a funny moment in the first show when Chloë asked her band to play two songs they weren't expecting to do. Lol. Also, her thank you near the end of the 1st show was absolutely epic.

The shows are free, but there's a PayPal link where you can tip to thank everybody who put the show together for us.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:25:52 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 08:23:27 AM »

I was at both shows.  The cost of the tickets is minor compared to the plane flight, hotel, rental car, etc.

Your comments are spot on.  One of the reasons I enjoy Chloe's shows is you can tell she really, really likes performing and really appreciates her fans.  Going back a number of years when she first started touring on her own, she said several times she didn't know if anyone would come to her shows.  Kind of the same feeling today.

She did a Q&A before both shows.  I only went to the evening one.  She stood on stage and took questions for about 20 minutes.  She, of course, doesn't know what's going to happen next year with tours.  Apparently, she did have to quarantine when she got to the US now. 

There were no more than 50 people in the venue, and yes, we were mostly social distanced.

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 03:16:34 PM »

Was there any M+G for these shows, or just the Q+A?
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 02:00:04 PM »

Just the Q&A. 

My guess is we will never see a M&G again.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Chloë's Socially Distant Christmas from Red Clay Music Foundry - Theme by GlenS