Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:21:43 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land CD Amazon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ancient Land CD Amazon  (Read 8585 times)
celtic4life

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »

Went to Amazon to purchase CDs for Christmas gifts and noticed that Amazon no longer sales "Ancient Land" and it's no longer a Prime product. Amazon now saying it is sold by third parties now. I've never seen Amazon do this with CW products. Is this a new thing with CW management? Noticed DVDs are only sold through PBS as well this time.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 07:41:45 PM »

Hmmm weird. I also thought it was weird that on release day I couldn't find it on shelves at Target or Walmart. I eventually found it at Barnes and Noble, but had to actively search for it. I don't really understand why they're making this album so difficult to purchase and I'm sure it's affecting sales because the more casual listeners can't find it anywhere.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 07:43:35 PM »

bought my CD from Target and the only reason the dvd is only at PBS is it has not been released and PBS is doing a early release mine got shipped today. There was rumors that there was going to be a bluray version this year
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 07:55:20 PM »

Yeah someone at the filming (I think it was the stage manager) said that it'll be on both DVD and bluray. My DVD also shipped today from PBS. I'll get it on bluray too when it releases.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 08:50:40 AM »

Received a notification that my DVD will be here Monday! Can't wait to see of there's any extra features behind the scenes.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 06:45:12 PM »

My DVD from PBS made it as far as my city's local distribution facility this afternoon, but never got out for delivery from there (probably because it's the weekend).

It will most likely arrive on Monday!
RFagan1999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 03:06:27 AM »

Can someone please record Ancient Land and upload it somewhere. I’m in the UK and I can’t get it anywhere. Stressing me out loads. I just wanna see it 😭😭❤️❤️
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 12:08:10 PM »

RFagan1999: Did you see the new Homeland video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLLhvtKGg8

I private-messaged you about selling one of the physical DVDs that are on the way to me.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 02:02:13 PM »

RFagan1999: Did you see the new Homeland video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLLhvtKGg8

I private-messaged you about selling one of the physical DVDs that are on the way to me.
note that American DVD`s won`t work in Europe.
RFagan1999

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 02:39:28 PM »

Kevin - I didn’t realise your DVDs were different to the ones in the UK
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 12:05:12 AM »

Depends on whether the DVDs are regionless or not. I'm guessing they probably are region-specific, in which case you can only play the a DVD released in North America on a DVD player for Region 1.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 05:03:31 AM »

CD`s are all the same and can be played in any country but DVD`s are different and are "region specific", meaning generally that the CD`s meant for the American market won`t work in Europe and visa versa.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 07:42:49 PM »

yes your all right USA is region 1 and UK is region 2 and is Pal format where the USA vers is NTSC format But you can watch any region on a computer using region free software like VLC player it will play either format and any region and there are region free DVD players

Here is a place to buy region free players

http://www.codefreedvd.com/
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »

I contacted CW management via email and this is what I got back about the release of the dvd

Thank you for your email.
In reply to your query, the new Ancient Land” DVD will be available towards the end of January 2019 generally in the US & Ireland and  may  be purchased in shops and online via our online shop: HERE. It will be released “Region Free”  Further details about the release will be announced in the newsletter and on the website early in the new year.

Kind regards

John Flanagan

Celtic Woman

But he didn't answer about a Bluray vers so who knows
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »

I messaged Amazon about the CD. They replied that they had a large amount of orders and sold out in all warehouses. They will have more in stock on December 16th and will be able to deliver before Christmas. I don't remember Amazon ever selling out of any Celtic Woman CDs in the first month.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Ancient Land CD Amazon - Theme by GlenS