Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:11 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman: The Original Show
| | |-+  Celtic Woman: Your favourite songs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman: Your favourite songs  (Read 5427 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: January 31, 2019, 07:53:19 AM »

It amazes me how Timeless this album is - it hasn't lost any of its charm over the years, and more amazingly, the entire concept of Celtic Woman stood really well even in the very first concert. It's hard to pick only five favourites from this magnificent list, but mine are The Soft Goodbye, One World, I Dreamt I Dwellt In Marble Halls, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, and Send Me A Song. (Also, technically Somewhere, but I somehow prefer the almost identical ANJ version - I don't know why. Probably because I heard knew it first, or because I think the warm visuals are more fitting, or because it sounds a slight bit fuller to me...)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:27:08 AM »

My top five on the original are The Soft Goodbye, Send Me A Song, May It Be, Orinoco Flow and Siuil A Ruin.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:06:03 AM »

The Soft Goobye is, in fact, my most favourite song by Celtic Woman, and the reason I fell in love with the group in the first place.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 12:00:11 PM »

Looooove The Soft Goodbye so much!! 😍
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:31:58 AM »

I voted for YRMU.  As Mairead N used to say, it has been with them from the very beginning.  I even have a specific show.

Red Rocks.  If you have never been there, it's an outdoor venue in the mountains outside Denver.  Google it.  I'm fairly certain it was in 2010 -- Songs From the Heart.  It is one of the few times I ever heard them do the 2nd verse to YRMU..  Keep in mind we are sitting outside.  Clear night, so you see lots of stars.  You are surrounded by mountains (and rocks) that are millions of years old.  The last line of the song is "Sometimes I glimpse eternity".  We did that night.
chandlermattson
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 03:36:30 PM »

I picked "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring," "May it Be," "The Soft Goodbye," "She a moved through the Fair," and also the DVD version of "You Raise Me Up" because I prefer it sung as a group than a Lisa Kelly solo. :)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 07:13:33 PM »

If you watched The Soft Goodbye with Chloe, Alex and Lynn it's Damn DIVINED As Well! ???
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 02:04:06 PM »

The Soft Goodbye✨, Send Me a Song🎼, Someday🌈,
Nella Fantasia🌌, You Raise Me Up🌋.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:44:59 AM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman: Your favourite songs - Theme by GlenS