Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:54 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  New Members
| | |-+  Hellou From Brazil!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hellou From Brazil!!  (Read 3547 times)
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2020, 10:46:03 AM »

Hello guys my name is Ênio I am Brazilian and I am 19 years old!  ;D

How I Met the Group:
 in January 2018 I was looking for a cover of the song May It Be (I'm a huge fan of Lord of the Rings) and found Hayley Westera's version singing on her show / DVD. I fell in love with her, after some more research I found the video of Hayley singing Scarborough Fair on the DVD A New Journey, after that I also saw Orinoco Flow and The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun. And that's how I met Celtic Woman .
I researched more deeply about the group, because every time I saw a different show, the members also changed. After almost freaking out, being able to understand the entire line up of women who have already participated in Celtic Woman and I love each one of them.
Celtic Woman became my favorite music group, every time I listened to a new song I immediately liked it. I have all the Albums / Songs on my smartphone.

It must be very funny to think that a 17-year-old boy met such a famous group at just that age. But as I said earlier, I am Brazilian and Brazil does not have the same appeal for Celtic Woman as US does.

So, having said all that, I'm a big fan, but but but I have some questions for you who are older and know more about the group than I do. 1) I saw it in a forum post that said Deirdre Shannon's departure was a shame. Can someone explain better to me what happened because I researched about it and found nothing about it. 2) I also saw in a previous post saying that David and Celtic Woman don't get along much more, it was researching about, and the only thing I found was news from The Time saying that David "is seeking to wind up the company behind the act, claiming he is owed a “substantial” sum of money. " I was so surprised and so angry, but can anyone better explain this situation? I don't want to judge David without knowing what actually happened. 3) I also saw in previous posts saying that Chloe and Lisa K were arrogant when talking about Celtic Woman, is that true?

Well guys this is it! I know the whole story about Celtic Woman but I have these 3 doubts that were killing me. Please forgive me if I made any mistake in English, I studied English at school and in the course but I am not fluent! so forgive me please.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »

Hi Enio Im Glen i run this forum with Tom and Tracie's help and you did well with your English. First off i hope you enjoy your time here and by all means ask questions if you have them. I will try and answer your questions you posted

1. they meant it was a shame she left so soon they were wanting her to stay with the group longer

2. When David left Celtic woman he felt they owed him lots of money for his arrangements he made and songs he wrote for Celtic woman but Celtic woman didn't see it his way so it caused bad blood between them and yes he did start a legal action for 1 million dollars never heard how that turned out or if it was dropped

3. im not sure how to answer this 1 I know there was a riff between Lisa and Chloe with Celtic Woman's management and at times both girls had said they would never return but look Chloe did return this year. if anyone else has a better answer to this one by all means jump in here 

Enjoy your time here there is alot of stuff here and on the youtube channel
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 08:21:32 PM »

1) thankfully it was just that. I was thinking that there was some disagreement between her and CW

2) Now I understand why Celtic Woman released Voice of Angels and Homecoming, classic songs with different arrangements (most). Because before I thought "why make new arrangements in songs that were already good?" but now I understand, and in fact the new arrangements were as good as the old ones

3) Well, at least Chloe came back and is very excited about Celebration (she was, the tour was rescheduled), maybe Lisa will also change her mind in the future (she has been posting things on facebook about CW Celebration Album, her photo from Believe DVD ... let's see)

Thank you very much Glen. I will try to be participative in the forum as much as I can. Thanks to all the forum staff for allowing me here.
* If I made an English mistake, please forgive me guys
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 08:33:20 PM »

Hi Enio, welcome to the forum!  Have fun!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Hellou From Brazil!! - Theme by GlenS