Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:16:30 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Other Musicians (Moderator: CWazyTom)
| | |-+  Paul Byrom: Social Distancing (StageIt)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Byrom: Social Distancing (StageIt)  (Read 1209 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2020, 07:00:48 PM »

Paul Byrom: Social Distancing

Tonight, I tuned in to Paul Byrom's live "Social Distancing" concert on StageIt.

It was a simple setup: Paul, a microphone, and a keyboard. But that's probably all they needed. There was no crowd due to social distancing requirements, which must have a been a strange experience for him.

I've seen/heard him on past Celtic Thunder album / specials and he's probably my favorite Celtic Thunder singer, but I haven't had a chance to see him live before. He's got a fantastic voice and as advertised, he's funny as well.

The video quality was adequate and the sound quality was great throughout. I only experienced a few minor "skips" in the broadcast.

Right from the get-go, he sang 3 songs that I first heard performed by Chloë Agnew.

All the songs were pretty well done. I think the slower songs were better suited to his voice/style with only a piano for backing, but he did a good job with the more up-beat songs as well.

What is it with me and You Raise Me Up recently? Wowza? I started crying within 5 seconds of the start of the song again. I never used to react that strongly to it until December 2019 (and of course more recently on the Celtic Woman: Celebration tour).

It was a great show. Well-worth the price of admission and a positive end to the week!

Set List:

Ireland
Grace
The Island
Dublin In the Rare Old Times
Mountains of Mourne
Phil the Fluter's Ball
Carrickfergus
Roll Back The Clouds
The Corries Will Ye Go Lassie Go (Wild Mountain Thyme)
You Raise Me Up
Danny Boy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Paul Byrom: Social Distancing (StageIt) - Theme by GlenS