Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:48 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  New Members
| | |-+  Finally Joined!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finally Joined!  (Read 5741 times)
chandlermattson
« on: December 13, 2018, 10:23:50 PM »

Hello, I'm Chandler from the other Celtic Woman Forum, where I have been a memeber for over 5 years now! I decided to join this one because the old one isn't as active anymore, but I will still be using both. I look forward to posting more on here! ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:27:14 PM by chandlermattson » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:41:38 PM »

Welcome to the new forum Chandler!

We've had some pretty good growth over the course of the year and we have a bunch of enthusiastic members actively posting. This is a fun place and it'll get more active as we continue to grow.

I had a lot more plans to build up the content on here this year, but it turned out to a bit of a busier year than expected, so it's been a slow process.

If you have any suggestions please let us know.

I hope you have a great time here!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:49:17 PM »

Welcome Chandler! Have fun!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 10:52:42 PM »

I'm not really sure if the old forum is even being monitored (the last member there was accepted over 2 years ago and everyone that tried to register since then has been waiting in the approval queue). The concern is that without the admin on the old forum, we can't effectively back up all the important content over there. There are archival sites that crawl through the forum and back up some of it from time to time, but if the old forum suddenly stops working and the admin there isn't watching it anymore, there's going to be a lot of great content lost.  :'(

I got a decent amount of the discographies for each of the performers done (I'll update those again over the holidays, most likely).

I also got most of the chart histories documented, because navigating Billboard.com to try to find that information isn't always a fun experience.

One of the projects I've been meaning to work on is to start documenting all the key information from past tours:
- Set lists
- Dresses
- etc.

Once cw-ct.com is back up we should have tour dates and member lists for all the tours, so that'll be a great reference once it's back online.

We should be able to get at least some of the important information over here to preserve it in a place that's less cluttered than the old forum.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 01:22:26 AM »

Welcome, Chandler!  I'm one of those noobs who tried to register for the old forum.  This one is much better!
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »

I must admit that I sort of miss the "Fun and Games" section from the old forum , especially the "Infamous Random Thread". Might we consider something like that here sometime down the road?
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 12:31:45 PM »

Kevin I will try and answer your question about the Fun and Games board on the old forum. On the old forum there are 1,059,314 Posts total posts and out of that 726085 Posts are in the fun and games board so over 3/4 the total posts are not related to the Forum at all and it is eating up the data of the forum and I don't want to see that happen here. That is why I left out that board on this forum. If Lindsey were to ever come back and take my offer of taking over the Forum the first thing I would do is remover that board to make the Forum smaller and back to where it should be. Hope that helps explain why that fun and games board isn't here

GlenS
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »

welcome Chandler hope you like the New Forum and enjoy your time here. Yes there are many people that tried to be members of the old forum that are here. If you have any questions feel free to ask someone will most likely have a answer. I am also a member of the old forum and have been for over 9 years coming up on 10 so enjoy this new Forum glad to have you here as a member and tell the others over at the old forum to come over and join up

Glen
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 02:57:43 PM »

Kevin I will try and answer your question about the Fun and Games board on the old forum. On the old forum there are 1,059,314 Posts total posts and out of that 726085 Posts are in the fun and games board so over 3/4 the total posts are not related to the Forum at all and it is eating up the data of the forum and I don't want to see that happen here. That is why I left out that board on this forum. If Lindsey were to ever come back and take my offer of taking over the Forum the first thing I would do is remover that board to make the Forum smaller and back to where it should be. Hope that helps explain why that fun and games board isn
GlenS
       understood....makes sense. Nevertheless, the new forum is great and it`s nice to have an alternitive  especially since it seems that the old forum is fading into the sunset.
chandlermattson
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 04:23:48 PM »

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes, everyone. :) It's so nice to see some familiar friends from the other CWF over here and some new, as well. Can't wait to get to know you all ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:32:20 PM by chandlermattson » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Finally Joined! - Theme by GlenS