Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:21:50 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Make a Wish
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Make a Wish  (Read 2584 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:52:06 PM »

I thought I would post this story it is with my Daughter and her son so my grandson and along with his sister. Bryan my grandson fought for a year with Bone cancer and he won he is now cancer free after 2 operation and 26 weeks of chemo he was put in for a Make a Wish by children's hospital he was granted his wish which was to go on a Disney cruise so he and his mom and sister left Last Wednesday in a limo to go to the airport and they flew to Florida had to spend the night in a hotel and boarded the Disney Magic cruise liner Thursday at Noon and the ship left the port of Miami at about 4:30 and sailed to Key west where they spent the day in port The ship left port at about 5:00 and sailed to Nassau were they spent the day in port. They went to see a few spots there and had to be back on ship by 4:00 and left port around 4:30 then it was on to Disney's own island Castaway Cay they spent the day playing on the island. At lunch time the ship had a cook out on the island for all. They had to be back on ship by 4:00 to meet up with the Make a Wish coordinator on the ship plus they got to Meet the other 2 Make a Wish family's on board also. Plus the Make a Wish kids were given a about 18 inch tall stuffed Mickey doll plus they got to meet Mickey. Then the ship left port about 5:30 and the next day is called A day at sea no port and it was also called Marvel day were all the Marvel super hero's were onboard and wandering the ship for the kids to Meet and take part in all the ship had to offer. Wednesday is the end of the cruise and they depart the ship at like 9:00 and then have to wait till 3:00 PM to fly out of Miami  they should get home about 10:00 PM tomorrow night. They will be home just in time for the cold weather to hit that will be a shock for them going from 80 degrees to 10. From what I have heard they have just had a blast they get alittle better treatment then the rest as they wear a Lanyard and it has there Make a Wish ID and a button 1 my grandson has say im a make a wish kid his sister has the same other then her button says im part of a make a wish family and moms button says I am a Make a Wish family. Because of the button they have gotten things Free while at port like the museum was free because the lady said we could be their guest because of make a wish and they have gotten other things in port and on ship Here are a few photos of there trip
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:56:10 PM by GlenS » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:34:15 PM »

That's wonderful Glen! Sounds like they're having an amazing time. That's so great that your grandson beat cancer and got to have his wish come true! He'll be talking about this experience for years to come! 😀
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 05:06:24 AM »

The best part of the story is "he is now cancer free"....I had cancer almost 10 years ago and am also cancer free now but I know how difficult it is to be able to get to that point.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Make a Wish - Theme by GlenS