Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:31:10 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Is Sinne Mna na hEireann.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Sinne Mna na hEireann.  (Read 1640 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2024, 02:32:13 PM »

Listening to it as I type.
Knowing that it opens the special does anyone else get show opener vibes for once the tour starts??
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 10:58:58 AM »

Knowing that it opens the special does anyone else get show opener vibes for once the tour starts??

To me it sounds like at the end of Is Sinne Mná na hÉireann, they sing a piece of "Tread Lightly". Is this true? I did play them back to back and to me it sounds like a good opener. It'll allow Emma to open the show dancing a bit longer.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 03:15:22 PM »

Great idea, ofc in no doubt will this open the tour!
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 09:31:48 PM »

It was newly written for them right?
If it was it seems like they wanted it written to be a show opener.
Five (six soon) shows.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 12:35:20 PM »

Every tour has had a big opener meanwhile some of them were just new songs like Awakening and The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun, Winter Wonderland, Carol of the Bells, The Call.

The only tour that did something different special was SFTH where it created it's own opening entrance using a pre sequence to prior the song Nil Sen La. This Tour opened the show with that song instead of The Call!

CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 03:59:48 PM »

Every tour has had a big opener meanwhile some of them were just new songs like Awakening and The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun, Winter Wonderland, Carol of the Bells, The Call.

The only tour that did something different special was SFTH where it created it's own opening entrance using a pre sequence to prior the song Nil Sen La. This Tour opened the show with that song instead of The Call!
Yeah with Songs from the Heart they flip flopped openers when they started touring it.
Looking at all the specials and the subsequent tours.
*Original -- Walking in the Air opened the special, The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun opened the tour. Walking in the Air was moved to start Act II.
*A New Journey -- The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun opened both the special and the tour. The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun was the opener from 2005-09. Was it just the Isle of Hope tour that had the spoken intro to start The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun??
*A Christmas Celebration -- Carol of the Bells opened the special then the 2011 symphony tour started with an orchestra overture and the first song with the ladies on stage was Carol of the Bells.
*Songs from the Heart -- The Call opened the taping & Nil Sen La opened Act two (this is evident by noticing the dancers/choir walk upward). The tour flipped them -- Nil Sen La had the acapella intro that then led into the song as they had recorded it after they blew out the candles. That was my first show (I didn't go until after they had cut from 5 women to 4).
*Believe -- Awakening started both the special and tour.
*Home for Christmas --- Winter Wonderland started the special but the 2013 symphony tour started with Carol of the Bells.
*Emerald -- Taped during the Believe tour so Awakening opened but The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun opened the Emerald & X tours. Believe & Emerald is the only time two specials have started with the same song.
*Destiny -- Terloc's Dream/When You Go opened both the special and the tour.
*Homecoming -- the Lament followed by Mo Ghile Mear from the VoA tour is the opening (this taping was initially announced as a VoA tour stop before it was confirmed they'd record it).
*Ancient Land -- music was the same but they had the choir sing the Ancient Land intro instead of the women.
*Postcards from Ireland -- This one was not a concert but Dawning of the Day opened both the special and tour.
At my show on that tour it was hard to hear Tara over the piper for the opening before the others showed up.
Five (six soon) shows.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 08:53:22 PM »

I'm glad you mentioned the pipes. Just today, I was listening to the new album and I noticed that they like to play pipes with Tara. I think it goes back to VOA album. Not sure why that is, but you can also hear a difference when Mairead N plays Granuaile's Dance. Before it was just her, now the pipes muddle up the notes at times and doesn't sound the same. Wish they would allow Tara to play by herself on those parts to show her talent.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 08:56:12 PM by celtic4life » Logged
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 11:41:28 AM »

Yeah with Songs from the Heart they flip flopped openers when they started touring it.
*Original -- Walking in the Air opened the special, The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun opened the tour. Walking in the Air was moved to start Act II.
*A New Journey -- The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun opened both the special and the tour. The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun was the opener from 2005-09. Was it just the Isle of Hope tour that had the spoken intro to start The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun??
*A Christmas Celebration -- Carol of the Bells opened the special then the 2011 symphony tour started with an orchestra overture and the first song with the ladies on stage was Carol of the Bells.
*Songs from the Heart -- The Call opened the taping & Nil Sen La opened Act two (this is evident by noticing the dancers/choir walk upward). The tour flipped them -- Nil Sen La had the acapella intro that then led into the song as they had recorded it after they blew out the candles. That was my first show (I didn't go until after they had cut from 5 women to 4).
*Home for Christmas --- Winter Wonderland started the special but the 2013 symphony tour started with Carol of the Bells.
*Emerald -- Taped during the Believe tour so Awakening opened but The Sky & the Dawn & the Sun opened the Emerald & X tours. Believe & Emerald is the only time two specials have started with the same song.
*Homecoming -- the Lament followed by Mo Ghile Mear from the VoA tour is the opening (this taping was initially announced as a VoA tour stop before it was confirmed they'd record it).
*Ancient Land -- music was the same but they had the choir sing the Ancient Land intro instead of the women.
*Postcards from Ireland -- This one was not a concert but Dawning of the Day opened both the special and tour.
At my show on that tour it was hard to hear Tara over the piper for the opening before the others showed up.

Oh wow. Fascinating! Thanks for the info!

(I really like the Ancient Land intro especially.)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 12:18:38 PM »

Yes the spoken part from Chloe did during The Sky and The Dawn and The Sun was ONLY*** during the Isle Of Hope Tour which was so EPIC!!😍 maybe my kneed were shakin when at my show already any tour show of CW is a chilling experience, it blew my mind!! Best Tour in my opinion I loved they use so much drumming in all the songs it gave a powered Tour concert! So glad you got to experience the Lisa K and Chloe tour experience!

(this taping was initially announced as a VoA tour stop before it was confirmed they'd record it). - what do you mean by this ?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 12:31:15 PM by rfcw » Logged
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 12:00:37 PM »

Oh I finally Google translated the title of this song:
We are the women of Ireland.

I like that. It makes a stronger statement than ''Mná Na HÉireann' (Women of Ireland).
Johnjumps1903

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2024, 12:38:55 PM »

Yes i LOVE this song so much. Always get goosebumps when they start chanting the name of the song (can’t be bothered to try and spell it😂)

I’m sure the vocal part reminds me of something out of film but i can’t think for the life of me what film i’m thinking of :(
Johnjumps1903

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2024, 12:43:33 PM »

To me it sounds like at the end of Is Sinne Mná na hÉireann, they sing a piece of "Tread Lightly". Is this true? I did play them back to back and to me it sounds like a good opener. It'll allow Emma to open the show dancing a bit longer.

I think the lyrics are the same for tread lightly and the end of the opening song which i really like! It’s almost like tread lightly is a reprise of the opening song and seeing as the melodies are similar too too me it’s as though they’re the “theme songs” for this new show!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 06:24:59 PM »

Yes i LOVE this song so much. Always get goosebumps when they start chanting the name of the song (can’t be bothered to try and spell it😂)

I’m sure the vocal part reminds me of something out of film but i can’t think for the life of me what film i’m thinking of :(

Goosebumps for the fact Mairead Carlin has whistled the horn and 20 year mark has arrived... unreal... how Grand CW has become!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2024, 06:27:18 PM »

I swear everytime I hear this I can hear Lisa Kelly. It may be Muirgen who's riffs make it sound like Meav but I thought this entrance song had the originals entering to mark it! That would of been goosebumps chill infinity! ;D a million!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2024, 10:17:51 PM »

Oh I finally Google translated the title of this song:
We are the women of Ireland.

I like that. It makes a stronger statement than ''Mná Na HÉireann' (Women of Ireland).

Ooh I love that!

This is an excellent opening song. I also love how it blends into a part of Tread Lightly and then the start of act 2 is the full song of Tread Lightly. So cool!

I'm hoping they bring back the curtain drop from the Celebration tour. They could be performing Is Sinne Mna Na hEireann behind a shimmery curtain where we can see their shadows, then drop the curtain right when the song turns into Tread Lightly. That would be an epic way to start the show!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:23:33 PM by Tracie » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Is Sinne Mna na hEireann. - Theme by GlenS