Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:16:15 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  CW Musicians and Choir
| | |-+  Anthony Byrne posted this on his Facebook page
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anthony Byrne posted this on his Facebook page  (Read 4158 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2018, 03:49:23 PM »

Anthony Byrne

30 mins ·
Tonight, at The Atlanta Symphony Hall, with The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, I will walk on stage for my 1081st show as part of the immense Celtic Woman ensemble.
 It is with great sadness, happiness, pride and excitement that I tell you all that this will be my final performance, for now, with a show that has taken me and my pipes through 6 continents over 9 years.
 I have been lucky enough to share the stage with some of the most talented musicians and singers in the world, under the direction of the great David Downes and Gavin Murphy.
 I met my wife in Celtic Woman. I’ve made best friends in Celtic Woman. I’ve played some of the greatest venues in the world because I was in the Celtic Woman band.
 For all of this and much more, I will be forever grateful.
 But for now, I’m going home to be with my wife Susan McFadden and our beautiful daughter Joanie Byrne.
 Thank you to the millions of people who have come to see Celtic Woman perform and for all your kind words over the years. I hope you’ve enjoyed yourselves.
 Thanks to all the cast and crew who have ever been a part of Celtic Woman. The craic was ninety.
 A massive thanks to Kenny and everyone at McCallum Bagpipes Ltd for their continued support and also Kyle Campbell from Campbell Bagpipes
 Thanks Dave.
 Thanks Scott, Maggie and Shane.
 Merry Christmas to everyone.
 Bb
Jack1949

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:34:13 PM »

Sad news, but I can understand family is first.Anto will be missed.Let’s see who is next in line as our bagpiper.

Evening Star

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 10:12:37 PM »

I'm sad that he's leaving (at least for now) but at the same time, I'm very happy that he gets to be with Susan and little Joanie. I wish the three of them all the best!  :)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »

I feel so fortunate to have seen Anto perform live as many times as I have and to have met him. He'll be missed!
Jack1949

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 10:55:30 AM »

Anton was a big part of CW.How bout some stories of Anton by those that knew him.Would love to see him back at some point. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Anthony Byrne posted this on his Facebook page - Theme by GlenS