Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:52:21 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Opinions on m&g legitimacy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opinions on m&g legitimacy?  (Read 3927 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:26:12 PM »

I'm still looking into travel options for a second show on the Ancient Land tour and I'm very much wanting one with meet and greet. One that is high up on my interest list is NJPAC on March 24th, with NYC PBS offering meet and greet. The thing is, that show was not announced by Celtic Woman. It's also not on the NJPAC website or Ticketmaster. The only place I see it is on the PBS website. I emailed Celtic Woman and asked about the legitimacy of the show, but haven't heard back yet.

Anybody have any thoughts as to whether this is a legit show and m&g or not? PBS must've had a reason to post it right? But then why wasn't the show actually announced? Anybody have experience with this kind of thing in the past?

I'm concerned about paying for it if it's not legit, but at the same time I want to make my travel decision soon so that I can get meet and greet before Ancient Land starts airing and they all get snatched up.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:50:01 PM »

That's the exact same date as they were at NJPAC on the Homecoming tour isn't it?

I'll do some digging.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 11:58:32 PM »

Looking back at our list of Homecoming dates - yes it was.

This same PBS station (WLIW) is also offering m&g for a show on Long Island on March 20th that Celtic Woman did announce. NJPAC is easier with the proximity to Newark airport though, if it's legit.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 12:08:40 AM »

Here's what I've got so far (you probably already know most of this, but just compiling the clues):

- NJTV (PBS) lists the M+G for Sunday March 24, 2019

- March 24, 2018 is the day Celtic Woman performed at NJPAC on the Homecoming Tour (the show when Susan returned to the tour after a few weeks back in Ireland). That was a Saturday.

- So if there's a mistake, they at least got the day of the week right (March 24, 2019 is a Sunday).

- NJPAC doesn't list the event yet

- Ticketmaster doesn't list the event yet

- There's no show listed on the CW site for March 24 yet. But they're performing in nearby Rochester, NY (I'm going to that one) on March 26.

- So an unannounced show actually being at NJPAC on March 24 could fit the evidence so far.

I don't think PBS would post it if it wasn't certain and it seems unlikely they made a mistake with so many other puzzle pieces fitting into place.

So while I can't tell you for certain there's a show there as PBS's pledge gifts indicate, I think it's pretty likely.

That said, I would suggest calling PBS first thing in the morning to see if you can get a manager on the line or somebody that can clarify what's going on.

Good luck!

If you're still in NY for some reason on March 26, stop by Rochester. A bunch of fans I know will be going to that one and I already confirmed there will be a M+G.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:11:47 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 12:17:13 AM »

Thanks for your thoughts Tom! I think it does seem pretty likely that it's legit based on everything listed. I like your idea to call that PBS station - I'll do that if this is what we pick for our spring trip.

The show in Rochester is on our interest list also. In our column of other fun things to do, for that show we have visit Niagara Falls and hang out with Tom! :)
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 02:21:51 PM »

One of the great things about the Providence Performing Arts Center(PPAC) is that being Rhode Island, EVERYTHING is smaller. PPAC has NO PARKING lot so the CW buses have to park on Richmond Street adjacent to the theater. So you can go to the stage door entrance/exit and wait for the ladies, as well as the whole crew to come out and chat with them all. I told Katrina , the drummer, how much I enjoyed the show...she`s ADORABLE, talked to Anthony, Ray and of course all of the ladies. There`s something to be said for a state so small that their theater doesn`t even have a parking lot. BTW, you have to park in a parking garage ($20.00) up the street from Richmond street where the CW busses park.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 10:37:38 PM »

Nice Kevin!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 08:31:52 AM »

I tend to trust the PBS stations a lot more that Ticketmonster.  Years ago, PBS typically had some advance knowledge of the shows. 

A couple years ago when Lisa Lambe was performing in The Bloody Irish, the NYC PBS station announced a M&G with the cast when the show was going to be on Broadway.  I bought tickets.  Then, when the show canceled, I had no problem getting my money back from PBS.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 02:49:37 PM »

Rhode Island PBS offrers  tickets for two at $200.00 and two tickets with M&G at 400.00 which I guess is  similar to other sites. But it might be noted that you can see the ladies and crew  as they exit the stage door at PPAC , take pics, get autographs for free.PPAC is an excellent venue for talking to the ladies and crew after the show.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Opinions on m&g legitimacy? - Theme by GlenS