Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:46:20 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration's on Tour
| | | |-+  Could the coronavirus affect any tour dates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could the coronavirus affect any tour dates?  (Read 14503 times)
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 09:52:55 PM »

Some people were complaining that the show tonight in Norfolk was still on and blamed the girls, which they do NOT deserve. I don't know if either of them have a say if anything gets cancelled, maybe it was Celtic Collection's idea, but we shouldn't point fingers.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:24:43 PM by kay_girl_97 » Logged
prideslaw

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2020, 10:02:00 AM »

Hanover Theater (Worcester) does offer a full credit card refund . The e-mail didn't say so but the site did.
prideslaw

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2020, 10:08:01 AM »

:)
I think that some of the later shows may still be performed. If the containment plans help to reduce the spread and there is a natural reduction of cases into the warmer months, some of May and June might be OK.

Lets hope this is the case and some of the fans get to see the ladies this year.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2020, 10:42:29 AM »

I think that some of the later shows may still be performed. If the containment plans help to reduce the spread and there is a natural reduction of cases into the warmer months, some of May and June might be OK.

Lets hope this is the case and some of the fans get to see the ladies this year.

All the shows thru the end of the tour have been canceled my show on may 30th has been canceled so they would have to rebook them and i know my venue was working with CW agents to rebook the date and they were looking at 2021
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2020, 05:40:27 PM »

Well, I'm lucky. I got to see 3 shows this year. Had a ticket for April 1 in Morgantown WV but, of course that's now canceled. Was doing that show in connection with something else so I'm not going to worry about rescheduling. Website says I can call and get my money back. My biggest disappointment is it was a front row seat

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »

It pains me to say it, but I need to re-think travelling to see shows in the future. I love seeing them live, but it's no longer practical to deal with the cost and anxiety associated with traveling repeatedly during the course of a tour.

The past 3 concert-related trips have been essentially mental trainwrecks for me and I can't deal with that mental or emotional collapse any more. In that regard, it's somehow merciful the rest of the shows have been postponed. Perhaps I can get some of my remaining tickets refunded whenever the rescheduling is complete so at least I get something back from this disaster.

For the rest of this year, everything is off the table.

I might still pick one show to travel to in future tours and clearly there may be a few one-off shows (ie. CaraNua) that I'll probably consider, but I think my extensive travelling days are over.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2020, 02:24:39 PM »

It pains me to say it, but I need to re-think travelling to see shows in the future. I love seeing them live, but it's no longer practical to deal with the cost and anxiety associated with traveling repeatedly during the course of a tour.

The past 3 concert-related trips have been essentially mental trainwrecks for me and I can't deal with that mental or emotional collapse any more. In that regard, it's somehow merciful the rest of the shows have been postponed. Perhaps I can get some of my remaining tickets refunded whenever the rescheduling is complete so at least I get something back from this disaster.

For the rest of this year, everything is off the table.

I might still pick one show to travel to in future tours and clearly there may be a few one-off shows (ie. CaraNua) that I'll probably consider, but I think my extensive travelling days are over.

Tom i feel for you i also suffer from PTSD and panic attacks but i take Prozac which helps me to deal with them and also helps with depression and it does a great job for me. Mine all stem from my heart attack i had 6 years ago. Each year it gets to be less and less of a problem but it's still there. Internal fears can be a really hard thing to deal with. This is one reason i don't travel to see shows i don't feel safe traveling. But for yourself you need to do whats right for you so you take care of yourself and maybe seek some help dealing with the anxiety. But man we are here for ya
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2020, 04:42:48 PM »

I feel sad for everybody who wanted to see Celebration and wasn't able to before the postponement.  Hopefully this all blows over quickly and the rescheduled tour dates come out.

Tom, what about traveling in moderation rather than in extremes?  So instead of having your CWazy trips where you go to multiple shows in multiple cities in a week or less, choose one show in one destination and then spread them out throughout the year.  That would be much less stressful to plan and much less exhausting to endure.  Just a thought. 
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2020, 05:57:07 PM »

I'm sorry you feel that way Tom.  Traveling costs a lot of money and is especially dangerous these days, so I definitely agree you shouldn't do it if it doesn't somehow make you feel good.

I agree with Tracie that maybe it would help to simplify your trips.  You have a few months to decide but I hope you consider coming to Killarney with us in August.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2020, 08:39:50 PM »

All the shows thru the end of the tour have been canceled my show on may 30th has been canceled so they would have to rebook them and i know my venue was working with CW agents to rebook the date and they were looking at 2021

Do you think they will do the same tour in 2021 with this cancelation and possibly calling off the rest of the tour? With you saying booking for 2021.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »

Do you think they will do the same tour in 2021 with this cancelation and possibly calling off the rest of the tour? With you saying booking for 2021.

Im not sure how that will play out but they have alot of time now to put together a new show and maybe a new dvd and maybe a new girl to take Eabha's place im thinking they will introduce her at the shows in Ireland this fall. 
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2020, 11:08:32 PM »

A few rescheduled 2021 dates are already showing on Ticketmaster. I'll add them to our forum calendar and will keep an eye out for more to pop up.
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2020, 01:31:02 AM »

Will the shows in Killarney still be happening August 7-9 this year? My parents and I were considering flying over to watch it if it is still on.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2020, 07:41:44 AM »

Will the shows in Killarney still be happening August 7-9 this year? My parents and I were considering flying over to watch it if it is still on.

We don't know yet. Several people from the forum were planning to know so I'm sure they'll be keeping a close eye on it.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2020, 05:39:08 PM »

My parents and I were considering flying over

Are you currently living in Thailand?  That would be quite the journey!

Like Tom said, we can't predict what is going to happen, but I have my tickets for all three nights and also a meet and greet ticket.  I will be there if I can.

We're starting to see some of the canceled Celebration tour shows get rescheduled for May and June, at least according to Ticketmaster.  If those shows actually happen, then Killarney ought to happen.  But it's hard to believe there will be a safe and tested vaccine by that time, so concerts would probably be off the table.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:50:03 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Could the coronavirus affect any tour dates? - Theme by GlenS