Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:47:26 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration's on Tour
| | | |-+  Celebration tour setlist (SPOILERS)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celebration tour setlist (SPOILERS)  (Read 4282 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2020, 11:41:13 PM »

Opening night was incredible! The entire show is one jaw-dropping stunner after another! Gregg, Tom and I loved it so much! Tonight's setlist:

Act 1:
Homecoming Lament
Mo Ghile Mear (Homecoming version)
Follow Me
Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears (Chloe solo)
Dulaman (Mairead solo)
I See Fire (Megan solo)
Across The World (Tara solo)
Isle Of Innisfree (Mairead & Tara duet with Tara on harp)
Amazing Grace
Over The Rainbow (Mairead & Megan duet)
Three's Company (dancers & drums)
The Kesh Inn (Tara & band)
Teir Abhaile Riu (Voices of Angels version)

Act 2:
Orinoco Flow (Ancient Land version)
When You Believe (Chloe solo)
Nella Fantasia (Mairead solo)
The Voice (Megan solo)
Skyrim (Tara solo)
May It Be (Mairead, Megan & Chloe)
Sive
Danny Boy
The Enchanted Way (Tara & dancers)
You Raise Me Up
The Parting Glass
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 07:04:03 AM »

Interesting setlist! I like Chloe and Tara's solos. I can't believe I actually called Tara's solos exactly! I hoped for Across The World and Skyrim and knew The Enchanted Way was staying but wow!

I love that Megan is singing Innisfree. I LOVE that song! As for The Voice, I'll reserve judgement. Not because I'm uncertain Megan has the vocals for it. No, for me, I simply felt that the Homecoming version Susan sang lacked the oomph that the percussion in the original version had. For me, removing the violin and switching to the pipes was no biggie, it simply lacked that percussion I loved. As for I See Fire, I find it odd that Megan is singing one of Mairead's solos, but we'll see how it goes. I never really liked that song to begin with, but hopefully Megan can change my mind.

As for Mairead's solos, again, Dulaman isn't my fave anymore. I feel it's been overdone by CW, but hopefully Mairead can reach me when I see them live. I personally would've preferred finally seeing A Time For Us! As for Nella Fantasia, I'm so glad that's back. Mairead always soars on that song and I'm glad she can once again.

My only hope is that later in the your they remove Teir Abhaile Riu. I don't like the VOA version and would rather they brought back Ballroom Of Romance in it's place! That was such a fun song that I would love to see performed live!

Overall, it's an interesting setlist! CW is certainly doing it's best to make changes and keep us on our toes!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 10:30:53 PM »

After being at the first two shows --

I like the idea of Ballroom of Romance instead of TAR.
I like the old version of MGM more (ya know, the one with the big drums)
All I can say about Mairead and Nella Fanasia is WOW.
When You Believe was always a favorite of mine.  Nice to see it back,
I agree with Mattycakes about Dulaman.
I'm not a fan of May It Be.

My biggest pet peeve is they never do the second verse to YRMU.  Chloe did it in her show a week or so ago.  CW has done it once or twice at Red Rocks, where it is incredibly powerful. 

mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 07:56:06 AM »

After being at the first two shows --

I like the idea of Ballroom of Romance instead of TAR.
I like the old version of MGM more (ya know, the one with the big drums)
All I can say about Mairead and Nella Fanasia is WOW.
When You Believe was always a favorite of mine.  Nice to see it back,
I agree with Mattycakes about Dulaman.
I'm not a fan of May It Be.

My biggest pet peeve is they never do the second verse to YRMU.  Chloe did it in her show a week or so ago.  CW has done it once or twice at Red Rocks, where it is incredibly powerful.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. And it's not that I'm trying to be a purist or act like OG Celtic Woman is the only good thing. Because I don't think that! But I feel that constantly going back to those old songs that were done so well in the old days and not giving the soloists newer stuff of their own is a disservice to them. Group songs I get. But don't have the soloists constantly having to live up to the expectations of the old music and the old singers' styles.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 01:31:33 PM »

I see why they are going back to old songs for an anniversary tour, though I generally wish they'd use less common songs once in a while, but I also prefer new material. That aside, I think this is a very good set list.

As for the second verse of YRMU – they did it in SftH and I wish they'd stayed with that.

Does anyone know what solos Susan sings?
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 02:34:19 PM »

I see why they are going back to old songs for an anniversary tour, though I generally wish they'd use less common songs once in a while, but I also prefer new material. That aside, I think this is a very good set list.

As for the second verse of YRMU – they did it in SftH and I wish they'd stayed with that.

Does anyone know what solos Susan sings?

Susan's solos were Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears and Sometimes a Prayer Will Do.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »

As far as I know I haven't peeked at the set list at all.

I guessed from the CD both Ballroom of Romance and Teir Abhaile Riu would be in the tour show! I understand others might favor more the upbeat classic version of Tar or MGM. Follow On deserves to be in this 15th show yet I was so surprised when a cw fan friend of mine shared me in her story. I love the Mo Ghile Mear My Galliant Star VOA with Alex so definitely optimistic to see the excitement of Chloe and Megan on it for the first time!
I wonder why the Nil Sen La VOA has been so underrated. It's only featured on the bonus VOA album and the 2017 VOA tour only! The choreography was fantastic as much as She Moved through The Fair. Sometimes a Prayer Will Do is a Gem so it's terrific it's in for the 15th it's one of Susan's Best's!

May It Be is the best (That's my opinion)
I don't know if as powerful with Susan but with Chloe yes it showcases these three super powerhouses and Megan oh my gosh that voice is divine! Mairead C singing aside Chloe a masterpiece. It was a long time coming I thought for the 10th Anniversary something signature from the original was yet missing even though we had Nella Fantasia and Si do Mhaeimo I in duet which was SUPERB forward recreation!

I rathered Chloe did Dulaman for once she deserved it.
Mairead should of done another underrated Best to CW A Time For Us. The VOA Oh America was also one to surprise could of been a spotlight but I don't know if it would depended Meav how it be without Meav..Mairead C would be too sharp high only if Lynn was on she could pursue Meav's purely in her supremeway. :)

Actually Teir Abhaile Riu to see with Chloe on it was incredible you could see her in ways bring the energy from the old version to this one, it is also a favorite with Susan loved Voices of Angels period of Celtic Woman so much! Also to get to see Megan do these CW songs that weren't on the Ancient Land Tour is interesting.

It's almost like now Susan is in the show and Megan has new songs to sing. Vs Susan filling in last year.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:51:06 AM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celebration tour setlist (SPOILERS) - Theme by GlenS