Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:10:25 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Special Guests for 20th Anniversary DVD Recording
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Special Guests for 20th Anniversary DVD Recording  (Read 2294 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2023, 11:14:13 AM »

Celtic Woman finally announced the guests for the 20th Anniversary DVD recording!

Posted by Celtic Woman on Facebook (August 18, 2023):
https://www.facebook.com/celticwoman/posts/pfbid0ino6jXi9u9VMBcMJkQcfDboVVW7dDDwD6opcfgu1A96rHUxyzYZHRVLQsvDU1m3El

We are counting down the days until our 20th Anniversary Special at The Helix Dublin.

Back to where it all began nearly 20 years ago, we are thrilled to be sharing the stage again with some special guests!

Lisa Kelly
Máiréad Nesbitt
Méav Ní Mhaolchatha
Chloë Agnew

will return for this special occasion alongside Tara McNeill, Mairéad Carlin, Muirgen O'Mahony and Emma Warren.

This show will air on PBS in December 2023 and DVD will be available to purchase in January 2024. We cannot wait to share it with you later in the year.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 11:21:58 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 11:27:54 AM »

GET IN! A Máiréad/Tara duet would be off the charts!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 11:36:26 AM »

I soooo want to see a Tara/Máiréad N dueling fiddles number!

This is awesome! Gregg & I will be seeing Lisa & Meav perform in person for the first time, plus we only saw Máiréad N with Celtic Woman in our very first show (plus I saw her once solo). The current lineup plus the special guests will all make the dvd filming so epic! Bring on next Friday!
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 01:42:11 PM »

Those who got tickets are sooooooo lucky!!! This is AMAZING. I now can't wait for December to see it on PBS! Especially when I can order the DVD and watch it over and over again!
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 01:50:37 PM »

Would this possibly lead to alternating rotation similar to the 10th anniversary tour? Each one takes three months? That would be awesome!

Never say "never". I remember the time Kelly and Chloe both did a Facebook Live and kept saying "No, never going back to Celtic Woman. It's changed." Then they would drink everytime the question was asked.🤣

Oh, I would love to see the interactions from the originals with the current members. Maybe we will get the remixes we've all been building ourselves on YouTube. You Raised Me Up will sound so powerful and strong with all 7 vocals and two violins.

Tara can play harp and Mairead N can play violin in some songs, like Danny Boy.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 02:30:50 PM »

Would this possibly lead to alternating rotation similar to the 10th anniversary tour? Each one takes three months? That would be awesome!

Never say "never". I remember the time Kelly and Chloe both did a Facebook Live and kept saying "No, never going back to Celtic Woman. It's changed." Then they would drink everytime the question was asked.

I can see Meav, Chloe and Mairead N doing the tour. For Lisa K that be real surprise. I think Lisa K may of teased she would never come back as in general like Chloe did with a 15th celebration tour or doing a new special with the tour.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2023, 02:54:02 PM »

I don’t really think they’d do the tour, not because they wouldn’t like to, but because they all have other schedules. Mairead is putting her Celtic Spells show together. Chloe is recording and touring with her duo Brave Collide. Maybe Meav? But she does have kids so…
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2023, 03:35:46 PM »

I don’t really think they’d do the tour, not because they wouldn’t like to, but because they all have other schedules. Mairead is putting her Celtic Spells show together. Chloe is recording and touring with her duo Brave Collide. Maybe Meav? But she does have kids so…
Meav & Lisa's kids are older now so who knows what could happen -- this isn't the 10th anniversary tour so everyone's  kids are older.
Meav's two daughters are 18 & 14, Lisa's are all older now -- Cian, Jack & Harry are 21 this fall, 19 & 11 + Ellie is 15. Did I see that Cian is on TikTok??
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2023, 07:14:08 PM »

Oh wow! They did not disappoint by following up on their promise to do 'something special'!!! That's awesome!

I am surprised as all of you to see Lisa Kelly returning. That's awesome! She looks GREAT!!!

Sorry to be greedy. But where's Orla?  >:(
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2023, 10:27:05 AM »

Just because the taping and anniversary special has the originals and the current lineup doesn't mean the celebration can end there. It would likely be open any of the other former members could take on an alternation of the 20th tour! If Meav, Mairead N, Lisa K and Chloe have things going on then like instance Lynn, Alex, Susan, Eabha could be a part and add dimension to the 20th!

OMG! I just realized just now aside from that silent night in 2020 we'll get Mairead C and Chloe appear together legit!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 01:08:22 PM by rfcw » Logged
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2023, 01:48:41 PM »

I am happy that my signature image will have it's justice now 🥰🥰.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2023, 05:54:43 PM »

It's now HIGHLY requested for a behind the scenes or "Making of" special on the DVD. We haven't had one since Believe special, and this is a huge opportunity to have one.

Another thing I thought about is, the original is returning for the special.....but......what if we get surprised by Lisa Lamb, Lynn, and Alex. Could be a possibility.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2023, 09:19:10 PM »

All my Dreams would of come true! I'll spit my water out of my cup if be! ;D

Another thing I thought about is, the original is returning for the special.....but......what if we get surprised by Lisa Lamb, Lynn, and Alex. Could be a possibility.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2023, 10:43:53 AM »

It's now HIGHLY requested for a behind the scenes or "Making of" special on the DVD. We haven't had one since Believe special, and this is a huge opportunity to have one.

We got some brief behind the scenes on the Postcards from Ireland DVD, some as introductions to songs, and a bit more in the "Wish You Were Here" extra feature.

But yeah, we need some behind the scenes at definitely need a separate 20 years of memories retrospective-DVD.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 10:51:31 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2023, 03:07:12 PM »

If I recall, Lisa K had some surgery on her vocal chords a couple years ago.  She appeared with Chloe at one of Chloe's solo shows in Atlanta and did a song.  My guess is she is probably not up to a complete show, but can maybe handle a solo and a group number.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Special Guests for 20th Anniversary DVD Recording - Theme by GlenS