Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:08:47 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Chloe Agnew
| | |-+  Chloë Christmas Concert on Virago
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chloë Christmas Concert on Virago  (Read 1490 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2020, 09:50:12 PM »

Last night, I tuned in to Chloë's livestream Christmas concert on Virago with John Driskell Hopkins. They did two online concerts that day. I saw the second one.

It was one of the best livestream concerts I've ever seen! The stream was really stable (pretty much no jittering). The video quality was excellent, as was the sound. They had fancy cameras and a production team the seemed like they knew what they were doing. It basically looked like a DVD (maybe better). I guess it makes a difference having a team of professional camera operators, some legit microphones (instead of just a laptop or a cheap webcam) and a platform that isn't prone to quality issues like StageIt.

The show was performed in John Driskell Hopkins' private studio. It was decorated with lights and a fancy Christmas tree. They had a decent band: a violin, a keyboard, and occasionally, a drummer and backup singer. All distanced per guidelines of course.

I loved her set list. She did a few of her original songs and there was a good mix of slow, emotional numbers and songs where Chloë got to have a lot of fun. John Driskell Hopkins was in a song or two with Chloë and did two songs on his own with his own band in the middle of the show while Chloë was off camera doing a wardrobe change. He did a Christmas song and one of his own songs.

After the show, there was a virtual M+G on zoom for those that had VIP tickets (which I did). There was about 20 of us in there at once. We got to chat with each other before Chloë came on. The M+G was a bit of a free for all. People were respectful of each other and weren't talking over each other, but it was kind of formatted so that you had to assert yourself to get "air time" with her. I've had some pretty epic M+Gs with her over the past few years and there were people in that stream who had never met her before. So I waited until then end and then said something quick. It might have been the first time I haven't rehearsed something or got nervous for a M+G. I think maybe the time and effort I've spent on mental health this year is starting to pay off. ;D

I hope you enjoy some screenshots from the show.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:55:13 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Chloë Christmas Concert on Virago - Theme by GlenS