Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:49:13 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Other Musicians (Moderator: CWazyTom)
| | |-+  Linda Eder
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Linda Eder  (Read 1759 times)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« on: November 14, 2019, 12:02:06 AM »

On October 4th, I saw vocalist Linda Eder perform at Myron's Cabaret Jazz in Las Vegas (part of the Smith Center). This is one of my favorite venues but I saw three concerts there the previous week so I wasn't particularly looking forward to going back yet again. But Linda Eder was amazing! She sings really loudly, possibly louder than Lisa Kelly. She expertly controls the distance of her hand-held mic, moving it away during loud notes so the sound doesn't overwhelm us. I met a superfan at my table named Bill, who has been seeing her sing for years.  There was a free meet and greet after the show so I got a picture with Linda.

This week, I finally got around to listening to the CD I bought at the show, which is called "Linda Live" and was published in 2014.

I really love the track Man of La Mancha and I've listened to it a bunch of times today.  You can hear something similar in this video on YouTube.  Somehow Linda's powerful voice conveys more manliness then any of the men that sing this song (I played the top 4 or 5 from Google Play Music in the car today).  And yet during the quieter parts of the song, she can still express some feminine tenderness.  There's a really impressive moment 2 minutes into the song where she sings two very long notes that go very high.  The melody is so catchy, and the orchestral parts are a great edition, and I'm glad Linda got rid of the second singing character that is usually in the song.

There's also a remastered version of Man of La Mancha here with better audio quality but I'm not sure how I feel about it.  At first it struck me as too clean, lacking the raw energy of the CD version and that other YouTube version.

Other notable songs on the CD are Don't Cry for Me Argentina (which I particularly enjoyed live) and Vienna (which Linda wrote).

Linda is doing a bunch of concerts in the U.S. in the next 6 months: https://lindaeder.com/in-concert/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 12:16:36 AM by VegasDavid » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Linda Eder - Theme by GlenS