Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:22:25 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Fall tour.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fall tour.  (Read 821 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2024, 08:12:57 PM »

Anyone think there'll be/hope for a fall North American tour (pre christmas).
Maybe a run in October or so???
With the 10th anniversary we know that after they introduced Eabha and recorded Destiny they did a short Australian tour, had a very short break, did a month long USA tour, had brief time off and then finished with a short UK run before launching quickly into the Christmas tour.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 09:11:51 PM »

Since this is the 20th Anniversary tour, I do think there will be a tour somewhere this fall, but I have no clue where. I personally am hoping for a Europe or UK tour because I want to travel overseas to attend! Hoping to find out soon so I can start planning.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 09:58:38 PM »

Since this is the 20th Anniversary tour, I do think there will be a tour somewhere this fall, but I have no clue where. I personally am hoping for a Europe or UK tour because I want to travel overseas to attend! Hoping to find out soon so I can start planning.
Are you going in the spring?
I'm not but I want to because of the cancellation and rebooting of the 15th anniversary tour (rebooting because most of the Postcards from Ireland tour consisted of COVID hit dates from the 15th anniversary tour).
Five (six soon) shows.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 10:57:21 PM »

Yes, I am going in the spring! Gregg & I are starting off in Florida one week after opening night. I have big plans for the 20th Anniversary tour and currently have tickets for 16 shows. As of now, the Postcards From Ireland tour has my highest show count of a single tour at 14. I want to make my highest show count be on a tour that Mairéad is in, so I'm going all out on this tour! If the 20th Anniversary tour continues in the fall as I'm suspecting, then I'll likely drop a few spring shows to save the vacation time and travel funds and pick up some in the fall. I am counting attending the filming as one show, so I need at least 14 more to meet my goal. I'm really excited for this tour and I love the album, DVD, and this current group of four so much that I know I'm going to enjoy these shows immensely! Our hometown Minneapolis show is always one we very much look forward to because the Minneapolis crowds are the absolute bomb, as I know you've experienced as well! Hope you do come to the show!
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 08:10:59 AM »

Yes, I am going in the spring! Gregg & I are starting off in Florida one week after opening night. I have big plans for the 20th Anniversary tour and currently have tickets for 16 shows. As of now, the Postcards From Ireland tour has my highest show count of a single tour at 14. I want to make my highest show count be on a tour that Mairéad is in, so I'm going all out on this tour! If the 20th Anniversary tour continues in the fall as I'm suspecting, then I'll likely drop a few spring shows to save the vacation time and travel funds and pick up some in the fall. I am counting attending the filming as one show, so I need at least 14 more to meet my goal. I'm really excited for this tour and I love the album, DVD, and this current group of four so much that I know I'm going to enjoy these shows immensely! Our hometown Minneapolis show is always one we very much look forward to because the Minneapolis crowds are the absolute bomb, as I know you've experienced as well! Hope you do come to the show!
Minneapolis would be the one I come to if I come.
Five (six soon) shows.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 11:49:54 AM »

The best I've ever done is 13 shows in 2010 and 2011.  Another couple I had 7.  I really hate to think about how much I spent going to shows.  Ticket, air fare, hotel, car, food probably gets close to $1,000 per show.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 04:12:48 PM »

Gregg & I have definitely put a lot of money into this, but we love it with all our hearts and it's worth every penny! We both have good jobs that we are paid very well for and we don't have kids, so no childcare expenses. We are world travelers and the vast majority of the time we plan our travels based on the concerts we want to attend. The biggest hindrance for us is the number of vacation days we have, of which I am currently loaded but Gregg's is more limited. We love everything we're able to do and we have such a blast!
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2024, 08:16:33 PM »

Gregg & I have definitely put a lot of money into this, but we love it with all our hearts and it's worth every penny! We both have good jobs that we are paid very well for and we don't have kids, so no childcare expenses. We are world travelers and the vast majority of the time we plan our travels based on the concerts we want to attend. The biggest hindrance for us is the number of vacation days we have, of which I am currently loaded but Gregg's is more limited. We love everything we're able to do and we have such a blast!
The Minneapolis show is on a Tuesday this time around so I hope to.
Ancient land, Postcards from Ireland and this latest Christmas tour were Saturdays so that made it easy.
I feel the 7:00 start time is on purpose
Five (six soon) shows.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Fall tour. - Theme by GlenS