Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:12:39 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Susan McFadden
| | |-+  Susan News
| | | |-+  not sure but my eyes maybe playing tricks Sue confirms baby due Nov.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: not sure but my eyes maybe playing tricks Sue confirms baby due Nov.  (Read 14505 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 09:31:04 AM »

Sue should be able to do the recording but im sure she won't make it thru the xmas tour. I wouldn't blame her if she does do the Johnstown shoot she has worked hard for CW and this is how they get the credit seeing there works sitting at #1 on the charts plus im sure she gets a few cents for every copy sold
Jack1949

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 06:18:51 PM »

Tom, if Susan leaves, who do you think replaces her?
Also, do you think Anton will stay?
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 12:06:47 AM »

I'm really hoping Susan is on the new cd and dvd and I agree that she'd be able to do both.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 11:36:10 AM »

Tom, if Susan leaves, who do you think replaces her?
Also, do you think Anton will stay?

For a while, I suspected Alex might be coming back, but since she's potentially touring with CaraNua in a few months, I'm leaning towards a new member rather than a returning one.

If Sue is planning to come back, we'd be more likely to see a returning one, I think.

Will Anto stay with the tour while if Sue is on leave? I suppose that depends how much money they have saved up. I suspect him selling signed copies of Celtic Piper during the Homecoming tour was to help build up that pool of cash.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 10:58:09 AM »

Today, Susan posted that she was getting her hair extensions done at Great Lengths.

While it's possible that she's just having it done to keep it looking great, it makes me wonder if she may actually do the Johnstown Castle show.

New members for fall (if one is indeed coming) are usually announced within the first 10 days in August. So if there's something coming that will apply at the Johnstown Castle show, the news should be very soon.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 01:07:11 PM »

even being PG she is more then able to do the new recording and she won't be able to do the Xmas tour and next spring is out of the question but hopefully she will be a Lisa K and bring her child on tour and not be a stay at home Mom but this is all her choice
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 12:21:55 AM »

It certainly seems like she'll be part of the album and the show. The day she had her extensions done at Great Lengths was the same day as the Celtic Woman photo shoot. If they were bringing in someone to fill in for her for the rest of the year, that probably would have been the time. That suggests she is going to be a part of the Johnstown Castle production and new album!

If that's the case, we may not have any information as far as "what's next" (new member, returning member, etc.) until October.

I can't imagine we'll see any rapid knee lift maneuvers from her (Murphy's Ballroom of Romance) during this special but it's sure going to be special to hear her beautiful voice again. <3
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 08:26:06 AM »

Susan confirms a baby Is due in Nov. and she is taking some time off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYsMqClFP1s

We all wish her Congratulations and know her and Anton will be great mom and dad I know we all hope she will return but that's all up to her. We wish them both the best with that new bundle of Joy
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »

A few of us have known this was coming for a while:
- As soon as Anto started signing his Celtic Piper CDs at the start of the Homecoming Tour, just as Mairead Nesbitt had suddenly started marketing her Raining Up CD during the Destiny tour, I knew something was up.
- I suspect that the dress changes during the tour may have, at least in part, because of Sue's changing needs.
- There was a little slip-up in May on social media when one of Sue's relatives let the cat out of the bag early.
- During the last show of the Homecoming tour, there was a note on the set list for Susan:
"Have a great last show. Will miss you so much Susan! Love Fang."
- Sue didn't post anything about the Johnstown Castle show or about recording the new album with Celtic Woman (whether or not she's part of the album, we'll soon know).
- When Celtic Woman performed The Parting Glass with The High Kings as a tribute to David Kavanagh, one of the members of the High Kings asked her on stage if she was ready to share the news.
- She was showing a bit late in the tour, but for a while, in spite of all the other clues, I wasn't sure until more recently. She just kept on looking beautiful.
- Sue and Anto were finding increasingly creative ways to cover up her belly in pictures over the past few months to keep us in suspense.

There were lots of signs this was coming. ;)

When I saw her at the Meet and Greet in spring, I gave her a letter saying everything I wanted to say to her in case I didn't get another chance to say it.  I told her how special a performer I thought she was and that I felt every note she sang.  I wrote that during the hardest time in my life, that she had been my Sky, my Dawn, and my Sun.  I let her know how very lucky I was to be one of her fans.

My favourite Susan McFadden moment came during the Homecoming tour.  Before Celtic Woman, From a Distance was once my favourite song.  To hear one of my favourite singers sing that song that I asked Sue to sing was truly special and is something I'll never forget.

I probably wouldn't be on social media today if it wasn't for Sue.  I was really late getting involved in the public social media scene and one of the main reasons I finally got into it was a cool interaction on Twitter I had with Susan and Anto.

Every Celtic Woman member that has left over the years has taken a piece of my heart with them.  Chloë's departure was probably the most devastating for me, because I hadn't gone to any shows before she left and I thought I'd missed my last chance to ever see her live.  For Sue, the blow has been softened a bit because I knew it was coming and because I had taken advantage of my opportunities to see her while I had the chance.  I only got to see her 6 times and to meet her twice, but those will always be among the most special shows I will ever see.

With Sue, Mairead, and Eabha, the group found an astonishing harmonic balance.  Their voices blended so well!  Whoever takes over for Sue will have the difficult role in maintaining that balance or establishing a new sound for us all to love.

Sue, thank you for all your lovely music, for your warm presence on stage, and for being so nice to me at the Meet and Greets. Soon you're going to be the Sky, the Dawn, and the Sun for someone opening their eyes on the world for the first time.  As you get ready to welcome that new life, I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart for changing mine.

Congratulations to Susan and Anto!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:49:09 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 03:52:57 PM »

Well here is the baby bump
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »

Susan is pregnant! I think this explains why Susan disappeared from the Homecoming tour for several shows near the beginning and was temporarily replaced by Alex Sharpe.  She probably flew to Ireland to see a doctor.

Susan's absence was documented on the the Celtic Woman Homecoming YouTube channel.  They posted a video about Alex Sharpe on 2018-03-11, and they posted Susan's return announcement video on 2018-03-26, 15 days later.

I am glad I got to see her in Las Vegas after she returned.  As a secret bonus, I suppose we had two Byrnes on stage for that show too.   :D

I'm wondering if they will quickly get a replacement singer or if the Johnstown concert will be the first Celtic Woman event with just 2 starring singers in it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:50:32 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 01:24:22 AM »

Susan is pregnant! I think this explains why Susan disappeared from the Homecoming tour for several shows near the beginning and was temporarily replaced by Alex Sharpe.  She probably flew to Ireland to see a doctor.

Susan's absence was documented on the the Celtic Woman Homecoming YouTube channel.  They posted a video about Alex Sharpe on 2018-03-11, and they posted Susan's return announcement video on 2018-03-26, 15 days later.

I am glad I got to see her in Las Vegas after she returned.  As a secret bonus, I suppose we had two Byrnes on stage for that show too.   :D

I'm wondering if they will quickly get a replacement singer or if the Johnstown concert will be the first Celtic Woman event with just 2 starring singers in it.

Susan went home for a bit during the Homecoming tour because her aunt passed away.  :(

Two Byrne's on stage: haha, I like it.

Celtic Woman management has known about this for a long time.  The cast and crew definitely knew by the end of the Homecoming tour and possibly since before the Homecoming tour started.  So if Sue doesn't end up doing the Johnstown Castle show, they've had plenty of time to prepare.

I'm almost 100% sure Celtic Woman already knows who will filling in for Sue.  They're just waiting for the right time to announce it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:28:02 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 11:15:34 AM »

It looks like according to their tour schedule this was filmed back on June 15th. So there was plans to release this at a good time, so we should be hearing soon on if there will he a temporary replacement.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2018, 10:47:23 AM »

Brian McFadden posted this morning that Susan's in labour and is having her baby!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqURJm2AdfO/
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2018, 12:47:18 AM »

Is she having a baby or running a marathon?

I guess we'll hear more in the morning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, not sure but my eyes maybe playing tricks Sue confirms baby due Nov. - Theme by GlenS