Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:06:49 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Mairead Nesbitt
| | |-+  Celtic Sounds (March 9, 2019)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Sounds (March 9, 2019)  (Read 3098 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:45:30 PM »

Celtic Sounds
Youngstown Symphony Orchestra + Mairead Nesbitt
Saturday, March 9, 2019 @ 8:00 pm
https://youngstownlive.com/event/celtic-sounds-youngstown-symphony-orchestra/

Celebrate the “Wearing of the Green” with Celtic violinist Mairead Nesbitt of Celtic Women and Rocktopia fame and the students from Burke Irish School of Dance.

It's less than 5 hours drive away from me, so I got myself a ticket. Well...it's less than 5 hours if the roads are good, which might not be the case with early March lake-effect. With bad road conditions, it could take 7-8 hours to get there, so I guess if the weather sucks, I can't go. At about $60 for front row, I guess it's worth the risk though.

I hope I don't regret this...

Now I just need Chloë to perform somewhere close by (maybe Buffalo or Cleveland) the day before or after. Lol.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:50:05 AM »

Nice find, Tom!  That looks like more fun than Rocktopia, and since it's on a Saturday night, it should be possible to fly there and back without missing any work.  I grabbed the last front row ticket and will try to make it out there.  Until you mentioned this, I had no concert plans for the month of March.  I now have concert plans for every month from November to May!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 01:20:55 AM »

Nice find, Tom!  That looks like more fun than Rocktopia, and since it's on a Saturday night, it should be possible to fly there and back without missing any work.  I grabbed the last front row ticket and will try to make it out there.  Until you mentioned this, I had no concert plans for the month of March.  I now have concert plans for every month from November to May!

Nice!

Rocktopia was absolutely amazing! I've already seen it twice though and this year's show seemed pretty similar to last year.

Looking forward to seeing Mairead in a different show. Hopefully the weather holds up because that drive really sucks if it starts snowing.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 02:16:55 AM »

I booked a flight, so this trip is a pretty firm plan now.

It would be cool to see you there!  If the weather is bad, can't you just start driving early in the morning so you would have time to make it to Youngstown before 8pm?

My ticket is for seat MAIN B BB 117; it's just behind the orchestra pit seating so I think it's basically the front row.  That would be fun if you happened to be next to me!  I considered getting a ticket in the front row of the pit, but I would have to buy two because their rules don't allow me to leave a single standalone seat open, and I'm not convinced they are better.

I have never seen Rocktopia live, I've only watched a few short videos online.

--David
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:53:41 AM by VegasDavid » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 10:52:38 AM »

I booked a flight, so this trip is a pretty firm plan now.

It would be cool to see you there!  If the weather is bad, can't you just start driving early in the morning so you would have time to make it to Youngstown before 8pm?

My ticket is for seat MAIN B BB 117; it's just behind the orchestra pit seating so I think it's basically the front row.  That would be fun if you happened to be next to me!  I considered getting a ticket in the front row of the pit, but I would have to buy two because their rules don't allow me to leave a single standalone seat open, and I'm not convinced they are better.

I have never seen Rocktopia live, I've only watched a few short videos online.

--David

Not just a matter of leaving earlier, I'm afraid. Lake effect snow could be bad enough to make the roads unusable or suddenly dangerous. That and I get super-groggy without much warning after about 4 hours of driving, in spite of breaks and caffeine. That's one of the reasons why my show radius is about 5 hours unless I have help driving. I drove 7.5 hours to see Chloë once, but that's not something I'd want to repeat. I almost fell asleep even after a good night's sleep, while listening to Lindsey Stirling and on 3 bottles of of diet Coke.

Usually for drives longer than 5 hours I split them up into two days and spend the night somewhere. In this case, there's not really a good place for me to stop overnight unless there happens to be another nearby show I go to the night before or after. I could get a hotel, but I have to be a bit careful how I use the budget and quite honestly, getting across the border these days is hard enough without having to explain that I'm stopping somewhere overnight to see someone they've never heard of the next day.

There are options, but it would be so much easier if the weather cooperated.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 05:44:49 PM »

Dadgum it.  I have tickets to go to CW on March 6 in Daytona Beach and on the 13th in St Petersburg.  I would be fun to try to make Mairead's show, but that's a lot of traveling.  I can fly non-stop to Pittsburgh and then only drive an hour or so.  Humnm, how may frequent flyer miles do I have on Southwest?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Sounds (March 9, 2019) - Theme by GlenS