Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:44:15 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  pets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pets  (Read 4376 times)
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »

Just wondering what the forum members have for pets?  I have SQUIRRELS....yes...squirrels. Some come in and get hand fed walnuts. What do you guys have for pets?
chandlermattson
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:31:25 PM »

I have 2 twin boy cats named Bach and Beethoven. Also known as "The Composer Kitties" (thanks to James from the other forum for that nickname :D). They just celebrated their 1st birthday! :)

Bach is on the left and Beethoven is on the right. ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:34:02 PM by chandlermattson » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 08:25:19 PM »

I Have a 16 to 18 year old all Black male cat he is a house cat you put him outside and he runs right back in the house and now he sleeps most of the day due to his age. I used to raise dogs Silver Miniature Schnauzers I have puppies all over the country as the silver ones were rare
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »

Gregg and I had a dog named Curley, a cocker spaniel.  We had adopted him at age 7 and he was our baby.  He passed away exactly one year ago today at age 14.  But today is not a day to only be sad about reaching one year without Curley.  Because today we adopted our new dog, Sam!  He is an 8 year old cocker spaniel.  He reminds me so much of Curley already, in looks and attitude.  Although at the moment he's doing something Curley never did - he's laying on top of our end table watching me type this.  Yup, the end table.  Sure then dog, whatever you want!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:59:55 PM by Tracie » Logged
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 05:10:13 AM »

Besides the squirrels, I also have a racoon named "Teddy Bear" that comes in the evening and sometimes very early in the morning. When it sees me, it runs up to the sliding door and waits while I pour out some unsalted peanuts  on the deck for it.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:44:17 PM »

Well, Sam didn't work out. Once he got comfortable in our house, his personality came out and he was mean and aggressive and he bit me. So he went back to the humane society last weekend. Today we went there and found a new dog to adopt. We get to bring him home on Monday after work. Hopefully this one will be good.

He doesn't seem to know his name, so anybody got any suggestions for a Celtic Woman related Male dog name!?
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 06:00:43 PM »

Well, Sam didn't work out. Once he got comfortable in our house, his personality came out and he was mean and aggressive and he bit me. So he went back to the humane society last weekend. Today we went there and found a new dog to adopt. We get to bring him home on Monday after work. Hopefully this one will be good.

He doesn't seem to know his name, so anybody got any suggestions for a Celtic Woman related Male dog name!?

Aww. I'm sorry Sam didn't work out.

If you want an unusual name, what about Helix, the place where it all began.

Another outside the box name might be Porter (Scott Porter is Lisa Kelly's husband and is also the former CEO and producer of the group).

If you want to get REALLY cwazy, you could call your new dog "Fur Na Keol" after David Downes' and David Agnew's group "Fir Na Keol" which preceded Celtic Woman and from which much of Celtic Woman's music was derived.

If you want to go for ultra-cheezy: CanineNua
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 06:07:59 PM »

How about Eaman? or Sean..or Damon.....just gotta be an Irish name.....even  though the squirrel that comes in and climbs in my lap to be hand fed  is Evita van Eekhoorn.... that`s Dutch for "squirrel".
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 09:35:41 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions! We decided to name him Cooper, with his full name being Sir Cooper Barkington of Wexford. Got our CW reference in there!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, pets - Theme by GlenS