Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:08 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Mairead Nesbitt
| | |-+  Tracks and Paths (DVD)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tracks and Paths (DVD)  (Read 2476 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2018, 07:22:03 PM »

Tracks and Paths from Devil's Bit Sessions

Background:

Tracks and Paths from Devil's Bit Sessions (subtitled "excerpts from the album") is the DVD accompaniment to Mairead Nesbitt's "Devil's Bit Sessions" family album. The DVD documents the recording of the album and some of the related activities. The DVD also features some scenery that inspired the album, including the local mountain, the Devil's Bit.

Availability:

The DVD was originally exclusive to Mairead's PledgeMusic campaign for Devil's Bit Sessions. The DVD was also offered as a tip reward through one of Mairead's four StageIt shows in 2017. However, due to technical difficulties, the show never got broadcast on StageIt so the tip rewards didn't get processed. The DVD became available to the general public late in 2017, when Mairead made it available through her web site by popular request.

--- SPOILERS BELOW ---

Packaging:

The DVD comes in a cardboard jacket with a slit on one edge. It's not enclosed in a jewel case, so it does tend to slide out of the jacket quite easily. Please use caution when holding the DVD jacket with the DVD inside, since if the edge with eh open slit is tilting downwards, the DVD may slide out of the jacket.

The DVD jacket itself looks similar to the Devil's Bit Session cover.

The DVD jacket was signed by Mairead!

Content

The DVD is 20 minutes in length and includes:
- Musical excerpts and some other footage from the recording of Devil's Bit
- Some local scenery
- Some of the activities surrounding the DVD recording and the associated family gathering
- Some interviews, including ones with Mairead and John Nesbitt
- A photo montage
- Overhead footage from drones

The things that are talked about during the interviews are things Mairead has already covered in her PledgeMusic campaign and social media, so there's not any earth shattering revelations. The strength of the DVD is that it compliments the feel of the album and helps to document that remarkable weekend with the Nesbitt family.

The video quality is pretty good. The audio for the voices on the interviews is relatively low (similar to the Devil's Bit Sessions album itself), but it's easy enough to crank up the volume a little so you can hear what's being said.

Overall Impression

I thought it was fairly well done. It's a fitting accompaniment for the album and would be a great addition to the collection of any serious Mairead Nesbitt fan.

Sounds Great! Where Do I Get It?

The DVD may be ordered through Mairead's web site:

https://www.maireadnesbittviolin.com/shop/

--- SPOILERS ABOVE ---
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:13:59 PM »

The only DVD I have that's been unable to play in a dedicated Blu-ray player or dedicated DVD player is Mairead Nesbitt's Track's and Paths DVD. That one I can only play with my computer's DVD drive. That's most likely because the external player's I've used don't support PAL or it's not a region-free / region 1 DVD (my theory, anyways, I haven't bothered looking up their specs).

The codec info for the Tracks and Paths DVD is as follows:

Type: Video
Codec: MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv)
Resolution: 720x576 (PAL)
Display resolution: 720x576 (PAL)
Framte rate: 25
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Type: Audio
Codec: A52 Audio (AC3)
Channels: Stereo
Sample rate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 128 kb/s

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:37:29 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 07:41:04 PM »

Tom Pal is region 2 for the UK that's why it won't work here here needs to be NTSC format not Pal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Tracks and Paths (DVD) - Theme by GlenS