Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:37:23 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  New Members
| | |-+  Hello there!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 4364 times)
rxcrcfllptrs

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2018, 06:14:09 PM »

I've been a big fan of Celtic Woman since around "A Christmas Celebration" (when I was still in high school, I feel very young lol) and this is my first time dipping my toes and participating in the community.

"A spaceman came travelling in a ship from afar..."

My username is a mouthful (and a Doctor Who reference), so you can call me Rax! I come from a place very far away from any CW hotbeds (...the Philippines), so I tend to make do with recordings and albums because flying to see them is a far off dream that I can't afford.

CW has affected me in such a way that it has motivated me to learning Irish (through stubborn self-teaching and bugging friends who are fluent in the language). Progress is a bit far off because it's not really a language one could learn easily here, but I'm still going at it! I am a bit of a language nut, as I'm also learning Hawaiian but that's neither here nor there.

Additionally, I'm a transcriber! I've transcribed (or hunted down and pieced together lyrics in Gaeilge) several songs of "Voices of Angels" in AZlyrics, and I'm excited to do the same for "Ancient Lands" when Spotify Philippines decides to release it here.

"Good to be home to your Christmas Pipes!"

The first time I listened to Celtic Woman was during a Christmas chorale competition in high school. We were asked to sing a known Christmas piece and then one of our own arrangement. I don't think Christmas Pipes made it into our final arrangement, but we had won the competition that year! (Don't ask me when, because I likely won't remember anyway. :P)

After that I had listened to their A Christmas Celebration concert, then thought nothing of it because I was 14 and I wasn't particularly sticking to any genre or artist yet. Celtic Woman came back around in college when I was anxious and homesick (I was living alone in San Francisco for an exchange programme), and I found that only their music could calm me down. After that, I played their music on repeat on and off, and now I'm here and definitely committing to their music and community.

"Ní neart go cur le chéile."

As I've said before, I can't afford to go to any Celtic Woman concerts (unless they do a World tour and land somewhere close, like Singapore, again) but it's definitely up there on the things I want to do eventually! For now, I'll be waving flaglets in the sidelines cheering them on.

Thank you for allowing me to join the forums and I hope to continue experiencing Celtic Woman's lovely music with you all.

P.S. My favourites have been Lisa Lambe, Susan McFadden, and Éabha McMahon!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »

I've been a big fan of Celtic Woman since around "A Christmas Celebration" (when I was still in high school, I feel very young lol) and this is my first time dipping my toes and participating in the community.

"A spaceman came travelling in a ship from afar..."

My username is a mouthful (and a Doctor Who reference), so you can call me Rax! I come from a place very far away from any CW hotbeds (...the Philippines), so I tend to make do with recordings and albums because flying to see them is a far off dream that I can't afford.

CW has affected me in such a way that it has motivated me to learning Irish (through stubborn self-teaching and bugging friends who are fluent in the language). Progress is a bit far off because it's not really a language one could learn easily here, but I'm still going at it! I am a bit of a language nut, as I'm also learning Hawaiian but that's neither here nor there.

Additionally, I'm a transcriber! I've transcribed (or hunted down and pieced together lyrics in Gaeilge) several songs of "Voices of Angels" in AZlyrics, and I'm excited to do the same for "Ancient Lands" when Spotify Philippines decides to release it here.

"Good to be home to your Christmas Pipes!"

The first time I listened to Celtic Woman was during a Christmas chorale competition in high school. We were asked to sing a known Christmas piece and then one of our own arrangement. I don't think Christmas Pipes made it into our final arrangement, but we had won the competition that year! (Don't ask me when, because I likely won't remember anyway. :P)

After that I had listened to their A Christmas Celebration concert, then thought nothing of it because I was 14 and I wasn't particularly sticking to any genre or artist yet. Celtic Woman came back around in college when I was anxious and homesick (I was living alone in San Francisco for an exchange programme), and I found that only their music could calm me down. After that, I played their music on repeat on and off, and now I'm here and definitely committing to their music and community.

"Ní neart go cur le chéile."

As I've said before, I can't afford to go to any Celtic Woman concerts (unless they do a World tour and land somewhere close, like Singapore, again) but it's definitely up there on the things I want to do eventually! For now, I'll be waving flaglets in the sidelines cheering them on.

Thank you for allowing me to join the forums and I hope to continue experiencing Celtic Woman's lovely music with you all.

P.S. My favourites have been Lisa Lambe, Susan McFadden, and Éabha McMahon!

Welcome to the forum!

I think fans like you who love them but can't see them are some of the most loyal fans they have and I hope you get to see them soon. Hopefully you can help spread the word about the and Ancient Land CD where you are (it releases on Friday). Then they will have a lot of fans there and will have to come perform there more often.

What's your favourite Celtic Woman concert special so far?

I say "so far" because Ancient Land is about to become your favourite Celtic Woman concert special.  ;)

P.S. If I hadn't misplaced my TARDIS, I would go back to September 15, 2004 and enjoy Celtic Woman from the very beginning next time.  ;D #DrWho
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:34:45 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 08:46:59 PM »

Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your time here have any questions just ask Enjoy
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 09:20:03 PM »

Welcome and have fun here! I'm crossing my fingers for a concert near you soon!
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 12:00:28 AM »

Welcome to the forum, Rax!

That's neat that you are learning Gaelic.  I'd be interested to see your transcriptions/translations of the Gaelic songs on Ancient Land when they are ready. 

Hopefully you will get to see a live concert of theirs some day, one way or the other.

--David
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Hello there! - Theme by GlenS