Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:35:53 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Celtic Woman: Essence [new show idea]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman: Essence [new show idea]  (Read 2946 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: April 19, 2019, 11:58:32 AM »

Another show idea of mine, if you don't mind :)

Dresses
For the first act, all wear lovely, light and bright green gowns. Mairéad's has off-the-shoulder sleeves/shashes, Megan's has long sleeves, Éabha's is sleeveles, but with floats from shoulders to wrists, Tara's has a sort of pinafore style (think Susan's yellow VoA dress) - all sleeves are semi-transparent and very sparkly. The dresses are generally very sparkly, with many stones and with wide, flowing fabrics. The dresses have a similar colour scheme and fabrics, but completely different styles/cuts. Méav's dress is a slightly darker, richer green, sleeveles, mermaid shaped, with golden and silver details.
The ceili dresses are very plain, white dresses with sweetheart necklines and no sleeves - ankle lenght for Tara, calf lenght for the others. Tara's dress has a silver sash/belt around the waist. Then for the rest of the intermission/early first act, the white skirts of the singers' dresses are changed to ankle lenght skirts in lavender/blue for Mairéad, soft yellow for Megan, and pale pink for Éabha, also with silver shashes/belts like Tara's. Tara's dress stays as it is. Then, they change into sparkly, beautiful gowns - all the same shape, but different colours. The skirts all keep the colours of the ceili dresses - but a lot brighter and richer shades. Tara's white has a slight silver shimmer. The tops are all very sparkly gold, and go down in a sort of star shaped style, with flowy, soft skirts that fall down fairly narrow, but swing extremely wide (due to the cut). Méav's dress is almost pure gold with various colours shimmering beneath it, with transparent sleeves and a wide skirt.

Stage
Inspired by Ancient Land and Believe - very Celtic, but also very lush. Beautiful, and detailed, but not over-the-top, with very nice, colourful, but elegant elements.

Musical style
True Celtic Woman - the perfect mix of Celtic, Classical, Contemporary, and Crossover. The arrangements are intricate, but not too heavy, and the styles of music overlap and interchance. The songs are arranged to suit the performers, and show off their ability. The tone is sweet and happy, at other times gentle and melancholy, never too poppy, but also never too blue. Like all Celtic Woman shows/albums it has its own sound, but if you'd want to compare it to older albums, it's more like A New Journey, or Emerald, or Ancient Land, compared to the others. If they have done the song before, the arrangement should be new. The intros of the opening and ceili songs are fairly short, even though I have put them seperately, and they don't really count as songs lenght wise - they can very well be merged as tracks with their counterparts. So does Be Still with Mo Ghile Mear.

Tara is playing her violin unless stated otherwise. Group means Mairéad, Éabha, Tara, and Megan. I mention Méav explicitly when she appears in a song.

Opening
[Original Violin Intro written by Gavin and/or Méav] - Tara
[Original Intro Song written by Gavin and/or Méav] - Group

Act I [green dresses]
When Irish Eyes Are Smiling - Méav, with the others joining in near the end [Tara singing]
Invitation - Tara
Early One Morning - Group
Lift the Wings - Éabha, Megan
The Trees They Grow So High - Mairéad
Down By The Salley Gardens - Megan, Tara [harp]
The Wild Mountainside - Group
Fuigfidh Mise an Baile Seo - Éabha
Dante's Prayer - Mairéad, Tara
Love's Old Sweet Song - Group and Méav

Intermission Part I [ceili dresses]
[New Original Ceili Intro written by Gavin and/or Méav] [can be based on a traditional] - Group with instruments
[New Original Ceili Song written by Gavin and/or Méav] [can be based on a traditional] - Group

Intermission Part II [extended ceili dresses]
Danny Boy - Group [Tara on harp]
All Things Bright and Beautiful - Group [Tara on harp]
An Maighdean Mara - Group [Tara singing] [acapella]

Act I
Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears - Group, Méav
Scarlet Ribbons - Mairéad
Tell Me What Love Is - Megan, Tara
Bunessan - Tara
The Mummer's Dance - Méav
Since You and I Were True - Éabha
The Soft Goodbye - Megan, Mairéad, Éabha
Be Still - Mairéad, Megan, Éabha
Mo Ghile Mear - Group, Méav
Celtic Prayer - Tara, Méav

Ending
The Parting Glass - Group
Encore: Spanish Lady/At the Ceili/Nil Se'n La - Group, Méav
Jack1949

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 01:07:16 PM »

Great work.
I love the idea of an Encore, just bakes it a better show, even if there are the same # of songs.

Jack D
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 05:02:23 AM »

Years ago...when Chloe was still there, they`d end with an encore of a rousing Spanish Lady with everyone on their feet clapping and as each of them left the stage, one by one, they`d wave to the crowd.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 09:10:03 AM »

The mix of new songs with old ones having Meav on it makes it very prestigious! I LOVE IT!💖
Excellent
CelticSweater
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 01:55:15 PM »

I LOVE this idea! Only thing I would add is have Meav singing The Parting Glass with the other girls. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Woman: Essence [new show idea] - Theme by GlenS