Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:07 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Ancient Land Album: Reviews and Thoughts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ancient Land Album: Reviews and Thoughts  (Read 17878 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 06:54:48 PM »

Hopefully they get my Amazon review published soon. It's been a couple of days.

I want people to see it soon and I hope I wrote it well enough to help Celtic Woman sell some albums.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:11:58 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 11:37:53 PM »

Maybe the choice to have Megan sing pop songs at medium registers instead of showing off her classical range and power was a wise one. Megan's voice has soothing beauty to it, but it's also filled with reassuring strength. The style of her solos on the album use those qualities in her voice. So even if the album doesn't showcase all the astonishing things her voice is capable of, she is a pleasure to listen to.

By the way, my Amazon review is finally up!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-reviews/R27MLZ84V7FA5X/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07GW3XF7Y

In addition to quick delivery, getting a copy from Amazon was important because it facilitated getting a verified purchaser review up. It's not US Amazon and in hightsight, that would have been a better (though more expensive) choice for getting the review seen by people clicking on the album within Amazon. But Google should get people to it so it should still help.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:52:05 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 08:31:01 AM »

Excellent review Tom!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 09:43:24 AM »

Excellent review Tom!

Thanks!
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 04:14:01 PM »

I voted for the 4 that are my faves and that I keep singing along to.

Speaking of which, any chance we can get the lyrics to Follow Me? It's my favorite song and I wanna know what they're singing!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2018, 02:32:42 PM »

I just read someone's comment on one of Celtic Woman's Facebook posts that the harmony on Ancient Land was no good.

Uh...what exactly were they listening to???  :P

I know people have different tastes and I don't want to judge, but how is the harmony on Mná Na hÉireann, Homeland, Long Journey Home, etc. not good???  ::)

I'm unsure where they're coming from.

I don't know what they were expecting to hear, but the harmony seemed pretty awesome to me.
Johnjumps1903

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 05:14:11 PM »

I just read someone's comment on one of Celtic Woman's Facebook posts that the harmony on Ancient Land was no good.

I know people have different tastes and I don't want to judge, but how is the harmony on Mná Na hÉireann, Homeland, Long Journey Home, etc. not good???  ::)

I don't know what they were expecting to hear, but the harmony seemed pretty awesome to me.
Oh yeah i saw that as well. She’s clearly someone who cant accept that the new members have left...🤨
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 05:27:13 PM »

Oh yeah i saw that as well. She’s clearly someone who cant accept that the new members have left...🤨

I feel sad that some people don't even give it a chance, or give it a chance and just don't like it for some reason.

But it really riles me up when people start saying stuff that I strongly disagree with (and don't understand).

While seeing people criticize the performers is the most hurtful thing to me, criticism the harmony (a quality pivotal to the group's success over the years), is probably even more damaging overall. It could discourage people from even getting the album or giving it a listen online. It just take one person spreading that kind of stuff to dissuade hundreds or thousands of casual or on-the-fence fans from getting it.

People have a right to their opinions, but some of those comments really offend me.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 07:14:15 PM »

I saw that comment too and do not understand it at all. What in the world were they listening to? The harmony is outstanding! I try to remind myself that people can have their own opinions, but reading those hurtful comments upsets and offends me too.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2018, 08:59:02 PM »

I must say, though, that in spite of a few dissenting opinions, most of the reactions to this album I've seen have been quite positive. ;D
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2018, 12:19:55 AM »

It's nice to see that Mná Na hÉireann is winning the poll with 8 votes right now.  Éabha, Megan, Mairéad, and Tara also said it is their unanimous favorite song in this recent video:

https://youtu.be/aToIzcllxHc?t=2m57s
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2018, 02:10:12 PM »

I`m with Tracie...I LOVE the whole album...EVERY song.......Have it in the car and listen to it daily.....LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!.....one of their bests....and I`ve been listening to them for 9 years. My neighbor`s daughter, Sasha(a.k.a. the Keltic Kazackh), likes it , too. Absolutely can`t wait to see them perform it next April  in person.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »

Love love love this album! My desire to listen to it over and over and over on repeat has not faded and it's been out nearly 2 months.  Every song is amazing! Yeah, I'll be watching the concert over and over and over as soon as it's in my DVR next week!
Evening Star

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2018, 07:26:34 PM »

It's really hard picking just 4 favorite songs from Ancient Land! All of the songs on the album are so amazing!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 05:04:19 PM »

I got to watch the show for the first time last night and really thought it was great im thinking I like it better then most of the other shows. I think Megan is going to give Mairead a run for the strongest voice she has a great stage presents. I think the sales of the CD's and DVDs will sore now that the show is being shown
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Ancient Land Album: Reviews and Thoughts - Theme by GlenS