Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:23:06 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Lisa Kelly
| | |-+  Lisa News
| | | |-+  Lisa K show 2018 / 2019
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisa K show 2018 / 2019  (Read 14799 times)
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:02:19 PM »

Lisa's still working on arrangements for a show this year. she said that it will not be this spring and It may be in late August

https://www.facebook.com/lisakellysings/posts/1820915361286217
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:02:56 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 12:23:38 AM »

The venue is expected to be The Southern Ground Amphitheatre in Fayetteville, GA.

Lisa's previous shows were at The Frederick Brown Jr. Amphitheater in Peachtree City, near the Lisa Kelly Voice Academy. But on account of management changes, it will be at a different venue this year.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »

I would love to see Lisa live! Bucket list item for sure! This August isn't going to work for me, but hopefully another time.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 11:48:09 PM »

I've sadly only ever seen her live once (last year at her show in Peachtree City). It was quite an experience and the setting for the amphitheater was ridiculously pretty.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 07:03:42 PM »

Lisa needs some time to take care of herself, so the show may be in December instead.

Whatever the wait, it will be worth it.

Wishing you all the best, Lisa.

Facebook post by Lisa Kelly Singer on May 17, 2018:
https://www.facebook.com/lisakellysings/posts/1905613556149730

I know that you are all eagerly awaiting confirmation of our date in August, but unfortunately it is not looking likely!
I had to have surgery last December and I just don’t feel up to a concert just yet. I hope you all understand.
I’m hoping that I will be rested and healed and ready for our annual Christmas concert with The Academy!
Thank you for being so patient.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 06:30:31 PM »

I haven't heard a peep about a Lisa Kelly show next spring.

For comparison with the Voice of Ireland show I went to in 2017:
- Ordered my tickets: Nov 27, 2016 (this was not the first day they were available)
- Show date: Apr 22, 2017

Not to say 5 months lead time is needed to announce a show, but obviously it's harder to draw a crowd from out of town with a shorter lead time. People have to book time off, make travel plans (before making conflicting plans), etc.

I'd say if we don't hear anything by the end of January, there likely won't be a show until at least summer.

If there is one, hopefully it's not in May, because I'm already flying to 2 separate Celtic Woman shows that month.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 08:43:17 AM »

Remember, Lisa is Chloe's Special Guest at her show Saturday night.  Maybe something will be said.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 01:21:20 PM »

Remember, Lisa is Chloe's Special Guest at her show Saturday night.  Maybe something will be said.

I wish I was going to that one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing Lindsey Stirling, but I should have guessed Lisa would be at Chloë's show this Saturday and gotten ticket / flight etc. a long time ago.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 12:23:02 PM »

Did Lisa kind of just announce her 2019 spring show?
https://www.facebook.com/TheLisaKellyVoiceAcademy/posts/2026904477398489

All students of LKVA AND KPWA please keep May 11 free for a special concert xxx

That's literally a day before the Celtic Woman Calgary Meet and Greet.

So I have to try to do two shows on back to back days in the same weekend or scrap one of them? Oh I really was hoping it would be one of the other free weekends in May.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »

Awww, that's a dilemma, Tom!  That's actually the only weekend in May that I wasn't planning to see Celtic Woman, so I got lucky.  I'm also glad it's on a Saturday; it looks like I could be there without missing any work, though maybe I should take an extra day off of work just so I can be fully rested for the concert and have some extra time to figure out why Peachtree City is such an amazing place to live.

--David
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 03:42:28 PM »

Awww, that's a dilemma, Tom!  That's actually the only weekend in May that I wasn't planning to see Celtic Woman, so I got lucky.  I'm also glad it's on a Saturday; it looks like I could be there without missing any work, though maybe I should take an extra day off of work just so I can be fully rested for the concert and have some extra time to figure out why Peachtree City is such an amazing place to live.

--David

Have fun.

I went back and forth on the possibilities a lot over the past few hours since she posted that:

- It might not be her show. It might be something else going on May 11 with her students. Though for both academies to involved at once... yeah it's extremely likely to be her show.

- I am going to 3 other Ancient Land shows with M+Gs besides the Calgary show, so the loss of one show / M+G isn't as huge as if it was the only show I were going to.

- I'm already really deep into the planning of the Calgary trip (I was actually going to be booking stuff this weekend). Too deep to give it up.

- The CW Meet and Greet is already paid for and non-refundable. So if I gave up the Calgary trip, I'd have to write it off and eat the full cost.

- The CW show would be better production value than Lisa's show.

- But seeing Lisa's show gives me greater show variety than seeing Ancient Land 4 times, as awesome as that will be.

- If I tried to do both shows in the same weekend, I might be completely exhausted and not be able to enjoy either show, the CW M+G, or Red Rocks later in the month.

- The girls deserve for me to be in good spirits at one of their M+Gs. Even if I could fly to Calgary from Atalanta the morning of the CW show, I have to imagine spending hours in airports and on and off airplanes would leave me in a pretty sorry state by M+G time. I might even fall asleep during the show. There's really no point in me going to a show in that state and the girls deserve better from me.

- Cost of 4 flights for basically 2 weekend shows is pretty ridiculous, especially after currency exchange.

- Lisa's show will not have a M+G and no realistic chance of a stage and greet (depends on the venue, I suppose, but at the Fred, there was no reasonable chance of meeting her).

- It's possible Lisa will have a Christmas show later this year and if it doesn't run into Best of Christmas 2019, I might be able to go to that one.

- There's also a possibility Chloë will do a non-orchestra show near Georgia later this year for which Lisa could be a guest (like in Dec 2018). That would likely have a M+G which Lisa might be part of.

- Writing off Lisa's spring show greatly reduces the stress conserving vacation days. It basically lets me fly to at least one more show later in the year (CaraNua, Lisa Lambe, Hayley, etc.).

- There's flights to/from Calgary and my local airport at good times and costs.

- There's no non-stop flight and apparently not even a direct flight (stops but no change of airplanes) from Atlanta to Calgary

I considered the various options:
- Dropping Calgary trip and just doing Lisa's show
- Dropping Lisa's show and just doing the Calgary show
- Trying to do both shows by flying from Atlanta to Calgary on May 12

I think I've come to the conclusion at this point that I'm not dropping Calgary, whether Lisa's show is on May 11 or not.

So the plan at this point is to wait for an official announcement on Lisa's show (if that's what it is), then book all the stuff in Calgary to accommodate Lisa's show, including a connecting flight between Atlanta and Calgary. I hope I'm not completely wiped out by show time (assuming I make it to Calgary on time for the show), but either way, I'll have fewer regrets if I try it (even if it ends up being a disaster) than if I just write off a show without trying.

That is going to be a heck of an expensive and stressful trip, but we'll see how it goes.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 05:33:33 PM »

Tom, I think it's cool you are going to try for both shows.  I'll probably see you in Georgia!

Out of curiosity, I took a look at one-way flights from ATL to YYC in the timeframe you would need.  It seems like Delta can get you there at 4pm (flying through DEN) and Air Canada can get you there at 12:13pm (flying through YYZ).  But both are about $370.

It sounds like you already made up your mind, but there is still time to change it, so I'll just give my two cents:  I'd say be careful about how much you care about the sunk cost (which was fourth in your list).  At this point, the Calgary show and m+g experience is basically just a thing you could do for free if you wanted.  If you ignore the sunk cost and weigh the fun of the Calgary experience against the extra costs like airfare and decide not to go, I'd say you shouldn't feel embarrassed or feel bad.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 05:45:16 PM »

I messaged Lisa asking her about the show here is my message to her and her answer

Lisa is May 11 the date of your spring concert you know travel plans take time and eariler the cheaper they can be 🙂 asking for the Forum as im the owner of the all new celtic Woman Forum

Lisa said Well I can’t confirm as tickets haven’t gone on sale yet and won’t until mid February x
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 06:47:53 PM »

I messaged Lisa asking her about the show here is my message to her and her answer

Lisa is May 11 the date of your spring concert you know travel plans take time and eariler the cheaper they can be 🙂 asking for the Forum as im the owner of the all new celtic Woman Forum

Lisa said Well I can’t confirm as tickets haven’t gone on sale yet and won’t until mid February x

Mid February???

Well, I'm pretty sure that means there is a show and that's most likely the date.

But what to do now...hold of on booking all the Calgary stuff for another month and a half until it's confirmed? Book now and assume there's a show on that date in PTC? If it was just one show / city, no problem but since two trips have to tie together ... yikes.

This is going to be a stressful few months, I see.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 07:13:57 PM »

Tom that's her way of answering my question I know Lisa and she knows me and she did answer the question she can't confirm the show since tickets are not on sale but she has already told all her students to keep that date open and she told me tickets go on sale in Feb. so read between the lines and fill in the blanks
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Lisa K show 2018 / 2019 - Theme by GlenS