Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:20:16 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  New member auditions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New member auditions  (Read 2198 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2022, 06:51:23 PM »

The Celtic Woman website has a post up that they are auditioning for a new principal vocalist:

https://www.celticwoman.com/news/audition-for-principal-vocalist-in-celtic-woman/
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 06:55:39 PM »

So, a couple of things to speculate on - which member is leaving and will the new person start before the Ireland shows next month.

My guess is that the new person will replace Chloe because Chloe was listed as a special guest for Celebration and Postcards, only intended to do one tour, and has solo shows scheduled during the CW Christmas tour.

Will we see the new person in Ireland next month? I'd say maybe. If Killarney is a dvd filming as we are expecting and especially if it's new music, I think they'd want the new person to be in it, which will then be on PBS to promote next springs tour. Would the new person also be in the Derry show the week prior to Killarney - no clue, could go either way. Those shows are coming up quickly though!
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 09:13:23 PM »

I think that it is a very short period of time for a member to be choosen and already perform with the group for the northern Ireland concert; even for the Killarney concert I'd say.

Maybe Susan will be step in and do these concerts, if its not going to be a special; or even Chloe, why not?

Or, perhaps, the new member would debut on Killarney. I remember Megan mentioning that she auditioned for Celtic Woman and shortly after she was recording Ancient Land.

Well, in the end we'll have to wait and see.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 11:01:00 AM »

Well now everything makes a little more sense, however the question still remains "what will be the line up for the Irish tour?"
Originally in 2020 Chlöe would only participate in the North American tour, in 2022 they announced that she would participate in the entire postcard tour, which, of course, includes the shows in Ireland.

In the description of the vocalist audition it says that submissions will be until the 20th of this month. Considering that the shows in Ireland will be less than a month, I would say that it is super unlikely, if not impossible, to make a super delicate selection like this, train, record phonogram and etc in time for the next DVD (if it is recorded on the 18th of August)

We have possibilities:
1- The CW will record their next DVD in August with Chlöe, and after that Chlöe will leave and the new girl will join the Christmas tour
2- The CW will record their next DVD in August but WITHOUT Chlöe, with a new girl in her place
3- The CW will record their next DVD in August with the new girl and Chlöe as a special guest
4- The shows in Ireland will no longer be the DVD recording, just a show like many others and Chlöe will participate. later in the year they will record another CD and DVD with the new girl.

What do you think about this?

For me, I think it will be 1 or 4.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 01:04:15 PM »

They could do the Killarney shows with Chloë, and then she'd leave and the new member would take her place for the Christmas tour. However, the new member could appear as a special guest for those shows, kind of like when Anabel Sweeney was the special guest for Homecoming.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 06:17:57 AM »

Very likely! I agree with you
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2022, 03:03:42 PM »

The Celtic Woman website has a post up that they are auditioning for a new principal vocalist:

https://www.celticwoman.com/news/audition-for-principal-vocalist-in-celtic-woman/

And little over a year ago, June 2021, it was annoucned Muirgen joined CW

https://www.celticwoman.com/news/new-member-announced/
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 06:19:24 PM »

Confirmed!!!!

Chlöe posted on Instagram stories saying she's "excited to get back on stage with CW in August"

Soooooo, she will be in these shows (possible DVD) , it remains to be seen if the new girl will appear there as a special guest or not...
CelticSweater
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 09:51:15 PM »

Gosh this is amazing! I would love to audition! But even though it doesn't mention it in the criteria, I'm sure you have to be from Ireland or full-blown Irish to audition. And also, they say you have to dance as well. I can't due to my poor eyesight. But gosh, the thought of being a Celtic Woman... wow!

Well, even though I know it won't happen for me, I still have a dream of at least collabing/performing with them someday, and that dream might come true. Being a member of Celtic Woman is not in the cards for me though.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2022, 10:52:54 AM »

I think it's interesting that we never see an position announcement like this posted to the public, especially on their website. Most of the time they are searching and auditioning for new members behind the scenes and make it public at the announcement of a new member. This makes me wonder if they already done this part of the process with no success and opened it up to the public to audition.

I did see last night Chloe posted she's looking forward to joining the group again, but the new members still make an appearance on the DVD and it could be sub titled as "with guest appearance Chloe Agnew." That is my thoughts, have the new member in the recording to help capture promotion material for next year tour and have Chloe as the guest like she was for Celebration and this tour. When Tara joined and Eabha joined, they both joined at the fall leg of the their tours then debut on the next filmed concert.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2023, 08:31:28 PM »

I wonder if Emma and Hannah were selected from this audition period. Hannah was announced later in October 2022 as a new member. The Emma was announced in May 2023.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, New member auditions - Theme by GlenS