Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:24:59 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Favorite solo releases
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite solo releases  (Read 1203 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2022, 08:18:36 PM »

What are some of your favorite albums or EPs released by current or former Celtic Woman members, choir members, or choir members? These can include collaborations between current and/or former members recorded separately from Celtic Woman.

Some of mine:

Alex Sharpe Sings the Music of Shaun Purcell is an album that doesn't get mentioned often these days, but it's really good!

CaraNua did some great work while they were recording together, featuring phenomenal harmony, arranged largely by Lynn Hilary. Celtic Dreaming and Favorite Hymns were gorgeous and the soundtracks they recorded for Evermore Park were good too.

Chloë's early albums, including her self-titled album and Walking in the Air, featured her divine young-soprano voice. The Thing About You, recorded with Joshua Spacht, was different than anything Chloë had previously released and it was jaw-droppingly good. Spacht has a way of getting the most out of Chloë's powerful grown-up voice.

Éabha's Wildflower, recorded with former Celtic Woman musical directory Gavin Murphy, is one of the absolute best solo albums I've heard. Her album has it all: energy, emotion, relaxing vibes, and profound beauty. This album is essential listening!

Earlier in her career, Hayley recorded a lot of great albums, but Hayley Sings Japanese Songs (1 and 2) were among my favorites overall.

Early in her career, Mairéad Carlin recorded Songbook. Her voice has grown a lot since then, but the arrangements are great and her high, soft voice is purely gorgeous.

Órla's made a lot of lovely, soothing albums, but I find Órla Fallon's Celtic Christmas the most consistently enjoyable throughout.

I currently have the music from 95 solo Celtic-Woman-related albums (86 in physical CD format) and there are a lot of other great ones to choose from.

What are some of your favorites?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 09:18:48 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 08:22:33 AM »

Definitely Méav's A Celtic Journey.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 11:08:21 AM »

I love Deirdre's Anamceol, as well as her self-titled album, Hayley's Pure, Orla's My Land, and Lynn's Sacred Songs.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 02:24:21 PM »

I personally enjoyed My Land by Órla, the self-titled albums by Chloë, Méav and Lisa K., Máiréad N.'s Raining Up, Chloë's Walking in the Air, and anything done by Hayley, particularly Pure, the Hayley Sings Japanese Songs albums and Hushabye.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Favorite solo releases - Theme by GlenS