Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:33:01 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Mise Éire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mise Éire  (Read 2709 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: October 07, 2021, 05:18:09 PM »

Here's the new single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXrHBGGdCU !!!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 10:41:05 PM »

Whoa! That was totally different than what I was expecting (the Byrne and Kelly track of the same name is a totally different song). This is the Patrick Cassidy song, I think.

It's an intriguing sound: heavy on ornamentation and pretty soothing. Both singles they've released so far have essentially had slow vocal parts, with the ladies taking turns singing and just a touch of harmony.

It's certainly a fresh approach. It will be interesting to see how the fan base reacts to the new direction.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:51:44 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 11:18:29 PM »

Wooow this song is breathtakingly beautiful! Sooo stunning! 😍😍
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 11:33:30 PM »

Whoa! That was totally different than what I was expecting (the Byrne and Kelly track of the same name is a totally different song). This is the Patrick Cassidy song, I think.

It's an intriguing sound: heavy on ornamentation and pretty soothing. Both singles they've released so far have essentially had slow vocal parts, with the ladies taking turns singing and just a touch of harmony.

It's certainly a fresh approach. It will be interesting to see how the fan base reacts to the new direction.

I honestly don't care for the new approach. I miss the harmonies that made it sound like Celtic Woman. This sounds like a movie score. It's not bad at all, and if it were for a different project I'd probably think it was really good, but it's not what I associate with Celtic Woman. It's also very orchestra-heavy, and they don't tour with an orchestra, so I guess they'll be using a lot of backing tracks.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 11:43:04 PM »

I am so completely in love with the days of Destiny through Magic of Christmas that it makes me really glad Postcards From Ireland has a brand new sound. I feel like if this album sounded the same but with different voices in Mairead & Eabha's places, I'd be listening while constantly thinking that it's the wrong voices. This new sound for the new group is wonderful to me!

You have a good point about the orchestra. Will be interesting to see how they perform these songs on tour.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 03:04:43 AM »

So beautiful! I actually think this has outsmarted The Dawning of the Day arrangement-wise. The blending of the vocals and orchestra is extremely gorgeous and I do enjoy how "relaxed" it sounds as well. The lyric video is also very well done, and I really like the locations/landmarks they chose for it.

As for the chit-chat going on about how they'd do it on tour, if they don't use a backing track, they could sing it acapella while Tara is playing the fiddle or harp. In my opinion, that would make everything that enchants about this song even more of it!

However, we'll just have to wait and be surprised. Roll on October 29 for the album and November 27 for the PBS special!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 06:43:23 AM »

This is beautiful to me like type of gorgeous divine songs used for a film on Jesus's life or the Holy Bible or what you'd hear at The Holy Land Experience which closed sadly in Orlando. However darn Muirgen so impressive as a Celtic Woman 😱 Yeah this may not be the expectance from your average CW palette although I'm so thrilled to witness Celtic Woman ever evolving and the most spiritual sound Celtic Woman has ever released. I love love Dawning of the Day, this almost is like what Caranua has took to direction with Evermore! It's not what we're use to especially the fact we got's to also get use to the new voices unlike if it were Mairead and Eabha with Alex for instance.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 07:19:06 AM by rfcw » Logged
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 08:22:30 AM »

So it is the Patrick Cassidy song, which I thought would be difficult to arrange for CW. Well, it worked.

Personally, I don't think it a new style for CW, because I don't consider it a song to be represantative of the group or even the album. The Dawning of the Day is very much CW style, like a mix of old and new, and this is a different song. It is an old political poem set to a new melody, not a typical love song or ballad, after all. They often have more ethereal, quiet songs—Harry's Game, Mná na hÉireann, etc. (And they also often have tracks that are far more unusual for their style.) What I mean is, I don't actually consider this song to be much of a new direction. And the early Downes arrangements often sounded like movie soundtracks.

The whole style itself isn't much my thing—I wouldn't like that sound for a full album—but it works well in this context and sounds beautiful as it is.

The only pity is that both singles don't showcase much of Tara's fiddle. But of course, she's going to have her own time to shine.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 09:12:10 AM »

I had high expectations for Postcards but I was also worried that it would be an Ancient Land 2 (I like Ancient Land, but the music style just isn't my favorite) with country music and guitar as the main instrument. For example: I'm quite a fan of Sarah's version of Wild Mountain Thyme and I always imagined it being sung by the girls the way it is, orchestrated beautifully and harmoniously. But I was scared of Gavin turning the song into something similar to Ancient Land music. But I was completely wrong.
I'm super shocked! This album is exactly what I expected, new songs, orchestrated an amazing visual. I am very happy.
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 11:43:07 AM »

I absolutely agree!

As for the harmonies, I am looking especially forward to them, too. Muirgen said that Wild Mountain Thyme will have them, and I am sure other songs, too. I suppose they specifically chose two singles to show their different vocals. The harmonies towards the ends of both songs are fabulous! If Where Sheep May Safely Graze is a group song, then I am sure it will also have beautiful harmonies. (Personally, I hope it will not be instrumental—Tara would do a wonderful job, and I love the usual orchestral arrangements for it, but vocals with harp would suit the melody much better than a violin solo! On the other hand, I also thought Mise Éire would not work for CW, and it does. O'Toole really knows how to do CW. I wonder how Angel will turn out, which I also wouldn't normally choose for CW.)
CelticSweater
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 03:38:16 PM »

This is sooo beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes! I'm so excited for the rest of the album!
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 11:23:23 AM »

Tara just posted a gorgeous harp version of the song today (16 October) for International Harp Day ❤
https://fb.watch/8GJpgT7Cd5/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Mise Éire - Theme by GlenS