Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:01:42 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Chance of a live record a la Homecoming following this one?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chance of a live record a la Homecoming following this one?  (Read 1595 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2021, 11:58:33 PM »

Anyone think this one (since the special is not a concert) has a chance of going the VOA route and getting a Live CD/PBS special/DVD (a la Homecoming) to follow? I know there's an event next year that's been said to be recording but do we think we could get another Homecoming like album to follow this one (have repeats from this album the way Homecoming repeated VOA plus a few other songs - Homecoming had Eabha's Sean Nos medley + the contest winner's solo/song with the girls + the Adele cover)
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 07:52:44 AM »

It truly depends on the direction it follows. Now since "Postcard's from Ireland" is only going to be released this year as just an album then chances are that it could go the Homecoming II route. This rather looks to me more it will go the route of Postcard's of Ireland DVD since they've recorded scenes all over Ireland but only the album we're getting in 2021.

If the DVD recording is a mix of views from Ireland that they've recorded along with an actual performance from an outdoor venue it's likely the Postcard's from Ireland will definitely fit and stay.

The only reason that the "only" CW album VOA doesn't have a DVD and Homecoming is VOA is because Homecoming represents home coming back to Ireland to perform. I honestly hated the name at the time, I also loved the Voice's of Angel's dresses so much and the Ireland scenery background played that when they did that photoshoot on that other outdoor castle I'd rather a Voice's of Angel's production DVD was filmed there. Homecoming could of came after like Emerald.
The Gavin Murphy rearrangements were too beautiful to first feature on Homecoming but I guess the VOA was it's own thing. Was a VOA DVD Special not possible for it's sheer perfection and complex and costs it would have to achieve like SFTH did at Powerscourt.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:05:11 AM by rfcw » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 03:58:56 PM »

Personally, I think VOA just didn't have a DVD recorded at Luttrellstown Castle because of the tremendous debt they were in at the time due to David's lawsuit, thus forcing them to tour without a DVD on PBS.

In the case of Postcards From Ireland, I'm really in doubt if we'll have another DVD with the songs from this album like VOA and Homecoming, but it's like I said: The shows in Ireland are confirmed as the recording of a Special, what it is? I don't know, it could be a Homecoming II or it could be a completely new album or it could also be a Christmas special.

PS: In 2020, Chole would only be with the CW until June and would not participate in the special that would be recorded in August in Ireland, but as we all know, the Irish shows have been postponed to 2022 and it seems that Chloe will be part of that special as she reposted her and the other girls' photo in front of INEC Arena in Ireland.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 08:27:09 AM »

Personally, I think VOA just didn't have a DVD recorded at Luttrellstown Castle because of the tremendous debt they were in at the time due to David's lawsuit, thus forcing them to tour without a DVD on PBS.

Actually when you think about it that photo shoot with those two sets of dresses would been the dresses used for the Special had they done a DVD perhaps knowing they used the them on the tour. Exception The 2nd Act dresses were all yellow ones instead. Now that you've mentioned it about the debt was a Homecoming concert setting more affordable later on than if they returned to Luttrellstown to film the DVD? Perhaps. Could they release a DVD without a CD? I think HFC did yet a bonus CD had included songs from the DVD. If these are the dresses and the venue then makes me appreciate more the images then with the song's.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:32:07 AM by rfcw » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 11:42:10 PM »

In the case of Postcards From Ireland, I'm really in doubt if we'll have another DVD with the songs from this album like VOA and Homecoming, but it's like I said: The shows in Ireland are confirmed as the recording of a Special, what it is? I don't know, it could be a Homecoming II or it could be a completely new album or it could also be a Christmas special.

PS: In 2020, Chole would only be with the CW until June and would not participate in the special that would be recorded in August in Ireland, but as we all know, the Irish shows have been postponed to 2022 and it seems that Chloe will be part of that special as she reposted her and the other girls' photo in front of INEC Arena in Ireland.
I remember Mairead C & Eabha saying at the time of VOA's release that they skipped a DVD because of needing more time learning the new songs or something like that - it was on a Facebook chat in January '17.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Chance of a live record a la Homecoming following this one? - Theme by GlenS