Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:42 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Original vs. Rearrangement (Part 2)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Original vs. Rearrangement (Part 2)  (Read 1637 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2021, 12:25:40 PM »

Since many of the replies on my last one noted of a lot of songs that have been rearranged but I didn't include, I thought I'd follow their suits.

Please don't forget to give any reasons (if you have) why you prefer that arrangement while you can!

• Téir Abhaile Riú (originally from Believe, rearranged for Voices of Angels)
• Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears (originally from Songs from the Heart, rearranged for Voices of Angels)
• Dúlaman (originally from A New Journey, rearranged for Emerald – Musical Gems and Voices of Angels)
• Níl Sé'n Lá (originally from Songs from the Heart, rearranged for Emerald – Musical Gems and the Target edition of Voices of Angels)
• Siúil a Rúin (originally from Celtic Woman, rearranged for Destiny and Ancient Land)
• The Parting Glass (originally from Believe, rearranged for Emerald – Musical Gems and Voices of Angels)
• You Raise Me Up (originally from Celtic Woman, rearranged for The Greatest Journey, Emerald – Musical Gems and Voices of Angels)
• Ave Maria (Schubert) [originally from Believe, rearranged for Voices of Angels]
• Caledonia (originally from A New Journey, rearranged for Emerald – Musical Gems)

My opinions:
• Téir Abhaile Riú: Original. Yes, I do like the rearrangement (even the members playing their instruments on tour were a cool touch), but nothing comes close to the fun and games of the original.
• Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears: Rearrangement. Whereas the original has an "adventurous" feel, as if you're actually journeying with Annie Moore, the rearrangement feels much more like a lullaby for bedtime, which I find to be very soothing and enchanting and more of it when it comes to Éabha and her gorgeous contralto vocals.
• Dúlaman: Voices of Angels rearrangement. Say what you want, but you can't beat a bit of epic music  ;D
• Níl Sé'n Lá: Original. Yes, the rearrangement is very well done, but it just loses the "comic" feel that the original has.
• Siúil a Rúin: Ancient Land rearrangement. Tara's harp is so pretty, and I hugely adore how Éabha doesn't just sing but even plays the whistle here. It's proof the group really needs to get back on the Órla Fallon (singing-and-playing-an-instrument-consecutively) boat again.
• The Parting Glass: Ancient Land rearrangement. To me, it's such a gorgeous version that I don't think gets enough love nowadays.
• You Raise Me Up: The Greatest Journey rearrangement. One sentence... IT INCLUDES A SECOND VERSE WE NEVER HEAR NOWADAYS.
• Ave Maria: Original. Mairéad does very well when it comes to singing operatically, but as you could imagine, nothing will ever beat Chloë.
• Caledonia: Rearrangement. Susan's voice shows how modern the song really sounds (it was written in 1977) and I find it really gorgeous  :)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 04:37:19 PM »

💯% Agree 👍
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 05:30:18 PM »

Téir Abhaile Riú — Emerald: Musical Gems
Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears — Original
Dúlaman — Original
Níl Sé'n Lá — Emerald: Musical Gems
Siúil a Rúin — Original
The Parting Glass — Original, or maybe Ancient Land
You Raise Me Up — Songs from the Heart
Ave Maria — Original (by the way, the one re-arranged for VoA is Bach/Gounod)
Caledonia — Original
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 01:37:39 PM »

Téir Abhaile Riú — Emerald
Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears — SFtH
Dúlaman — Emerald
Níl Sé'n Lá — SFtH
Siúil a Rúin — Destiny :)
The Parting Glass — Emerald
You Raise Me Up — SFtH
Ave Maria — 2011 Version