Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:50:31 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Daragh O'Toole
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daragh O'Toole  (Read 2312 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: September 09, 2021, 06:10:16 PM »

Apparantly, The Dawning of the Day has been arranged and produced by Daragh O'Toole rather than Gavin Murphy. Has CW a new musical director again? The sound is definitely different, in its style a bit between the arrangements by Downes and Murphy, with a new twist. I certainly like it—a lot!—but I am a bit surprised.
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 06:24:33 PM »

I can't say I'm surprised. I randomly looked at Gavin Murphy's website one day a couple of months ago and noticed that he said he was Celtic Woman's musical director from whatever year he started until 2020. The fact that he gave an end date made me think he was probably done working with them.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 07:30:15 PM »

This website mentions that he was the music director for Celebration Tour.

Musical director on the tour is Daragh O’Toole, who’s worked with U2 and Van Morrison. Agnew said he has helped make Celtic Woman’s 2020 shows especially impactful.

https://www.theledger.com/news/20200221/irelands-celtic-woman-kicks-off-15th-anniversary-tour-in-lakeland

Is  Méav their vocal director yet? She is not listed in The Dawning of The Day credits...
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 07:39:21 PM »

Interesting! So he was already working with Celtic Woman and we didn't realize! I wonder if Meav's done too?
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 07:45:09 PM »

So he also did the new arrangement of May it Be? That's particularly lovely. I like his style for CW.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 04:45:25 AM »

If he's really gone (Gavin), I hope he doesn't do what David D did: ban girls from singing his songs. I particularly like Gavin's songs better than David's in some cases... And if he does, he'll have a new hater instead of a fan :/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:05:38 AM by ÊnioBR » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »

If he's really gone (Gavin), I hope he doesn't do what David D did: ban girls from singing his songs. I particularly like Gavin's songs better than David's in some cases... And if he does, he'll have a new hater instead of a fan :/

Unless we get a 3rd chapter of reimagined songs even Grandour than both directors! May it Be group accapella is the bomb.I do love Gavin Murphy's Arrangements.
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 04:17:00 AM »

That version of May it Be appears to be by Daragh O'Toole.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Daragh O'Toole - Theme by GlenS