Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:19:55 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Which songs are you most excited about?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which songs are you most excited about?  (Read 1788 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: September 06, 2021, 09:25:52 AM »

My own picks are Down By The Salley Gardens, Where Sheep May Safely Graze, and May it Be.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 07:12:02 PM »

Wild Mountain Thyme  :D :D :D :D :D :D
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 09:58:21 PM »

May It Be - Because it's the best version in group and esp if it's 4 -Voices with including Susan on it! 🌟 Wild Mountain Thyme
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 10:36:57 PM »

I'm not familiar with the majority of the songs, so I don't know how to choose. I'm excited for all of them!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 10:40:19 PM »

I'm interested to hear what they do with some of these. Beeswing (Megan solo perhaps) ... I did not see that one coming. That will be fun. Mise  Éire should have nice harmony, as should Wild Mountain Thyme should they do that as a group number. May It Be, if you didn't get to hear it on the Celebration tour, is had quire an ethereal song as a group number. I'm glad to see they're doing lots of songs we haven't heard them perform before. There's 3 I'm not familiar with.
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 11:57:07 PM »

Which are you not familiar with? I had to look a few up. Since Mise Éire is technically a song, I wonder if they will sing the Patrick Cassidy setting or a different one. And since Angel is a fairly generic song name, I wonder if it'll be the Sarah MacLachlan one. Both are two songs I wonder about, because if they are the expected versions, they are, well, unconventional choices for CW, and I wonder what sort of arrangement will make them suit their style. The version of May it Be from the Celebration tour was simply gorgeous, and I hope they will use that or a similar arrangement. I am actually glad they are doing The Dawning of the Day with its traditional lyrics, rather than Raglan Road. It is, just like Wild Mountain Thyme, one of the songs they have been expected to do at some point, but Raglan Road just doesn't have the right vibe for them, pretty as it is. Anyway, it's a lovely air.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Which songs are you most excited about? - Theme by GlenS