Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:05 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  Postcard's of Ireland Guesses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Postcard's of Ireland Guesses  (Read 6032 times)
rfcw

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2021, 10:06:23 AM »

:)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 11:45:02 AM »

My guess is mostly new music with maybe a couple songs that we've heard Celtic Woman do in the past.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 03:28:52 PM »

I went with 1 to 3, but I'm beginning to think the album might go down the original content-mixed-with-re-arrangements path, mainly because the Celebration tour is where you'll find such newer versions of songs like May it Be, When You Believe, The Voice, Nella Fantasia, Skyrim et al.

To be fair, though, I'd be pretty surprised if the album goes down the aforementioned path since it has been half a decade since we got an album which had not only newly-recorded tracks but also re-recorded ones as well. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens  :)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 04:50:18 PM »

Why? Ancient Land and The Magic of Christmas both had mostly new, and some re-recorded tracks. And I assume the same will apply to Postcards from Ireland. It is definitely an entirely new album and program, rather than a hit compilation or anything of that sort, but a few fan favourites usually make their way into them.
GG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 03:30:15 AM »

Why? Ancient Land and The Magic of Christmas both had mostly new, and some re-recorded tracks. And I assume the same will apply to Postcards from Ireland. It is definitely an entirely new album and program, rather than a hit compilation or anything of that sort, but a few fan favourites usually make their way into them.
When I say that it's been half a decade since we got an album that blended new recordings with re-recordings, I meant that by Voices of Angels, and even if it's without the huge orchestra from that aforementioned album, I still beliece there's a lot of re-recorded content from the Celebration tour which COVID-19 took away from us that should finally get the airing they deserve.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »

My guess is mostly new music with maybe a couple songs that we've heard Celtic Woman do in the past.

I love that!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 09:51:18 AM »

To me it doesn't look like a completely new album due to the images of Ireland but with all the well known rearrangements of fan favorites as well as combinations of new songs. Now we saw they had recorded a lot of tracks. If everything I said is true but all new recordings then it be a new just the new lineup's voices in for You Raise Me Up, Mo Ghile Mear My Gallant Star which be like Emerald.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 09:56:13 AM »

I went with 1 to 3, but I'm beginning to think the album might go down the original content-mixed-with-re-arrangements path, mainly because the Celebration tour is where you'll find such newer versions of songs like May it Be, When You Believe, The Voice, Nella Fantasia, Skyrim et al.

To be fair, though, I'd be pretty surprised if the album goes down the aforementioned path since it has been half a decade since we got an album which had not only newly-recorded tracks but also re-recorded ones as well. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens  :)

Speaking on aforementioned path I always assumed there would come forth be a Voice's of Angel's Part 2 with rearrangements of even more classics. Celebration Tour has proven that and Ancient Land with May It Be, Bean Phadin, Newgrange etc Spanish Lady integrated into Ballroom of Romance.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 11:27:04 AM »

I wonder if some of the songs that were performed in the 12 shows they COULD do in '20 will make the cut.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 04:21:41 PM »

I wonder if some of the songs that were performed in the 12 shows they COULD do in '20 will make the cut.

I would think so.. I think having Chloe in these rearrangements will bring.more CW for Chloe fans. Also this album is like Tenth Anniversary since it will have Chloe.a former member Susan and Megan together and a newbie together!❤
GG

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 02:11:31 PM »

The text at the top-right-hand corner of Postcards from Ireland promotional images says this:

"And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear it in the deep heart’s core."

These are verses taken from William Butler Yeats' poem The Lake Isle of Innisfree, which could probably mean (one of or) two things:

• Isle of Innisfree will quite possibly get a new arrangement (probably the one from Destiny) to be heard on the album/tour/special
• There could be a female narrator reciting verses of works by famous Irish poets which could precede/follow each song on the special
CelticSweater
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 02:53:21 PM »

The text at the top-right-hand corner of Postcards from Ireland promotional images says this:

"And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear it in the deep heart’s core."

These are verses taken from William Butler Yeats' poem The Lake Isle of Innisfree, which could probably mean (one of or) two things:

• Isle of Innisfree will quite possibly get a new arrangement (probably the one from Destiny) to be heard on the album/tour/special
• There could be a female narrator reciting verses of works by famous Irish poets which could precede/follow each song on the special

Oh wow! Either would be amazing!

Side Note: I wish Rebecca's version of that song was on the Destiny album, or at least released somewhere on some album or as a single. It was so beautiful.
CelticSweater
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2021, 11:24:37 AM »

Since this is a thread for PFI guesses, why don't we guess who will sing what song (just for fun)?

If "Angel" is the song I think it is, the Sarah McLachlan song, I can absolutely picture it being a Megan solo, as she and Sarah share many similarities in vocal style and techniques. Obviously, any of the girls would sing that song beautifully, but I have a feeling it might be Megan.
GG

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2021, 12:54:58 PM »

Since this is a thread for PFI guesses, why don't we guess who will sing what song (just for fun)?

If "Angel" is the song I think it is, the Sarah McLachlan song, I can absolutely picture it being a Megan solo, as she and Sarah share many similarities in vocal style and techniques. Obviously, any of the girls would sing that song beautifully, but I have a feeling it might be Megan.

My guesses would be:
Dawning of the Day: Chloë, Megan, Muirgen and Tara
Bonny Portmore: Muirgen
Mise Éire: Chloë, Megan, Muirgen and Tara
Wild Mountain Thyme: Chloë, Megan, Muirgen and Tara
Beeswing: Megan
Down by the Sally Gardens: Chloë
Where Sheep May Safely Graze: Tara (this is an instrumental piece by Bach)
Angel: Susan (this would probably be her guest solo)
The Lakes of Pontchartain: Muirgen
May it Be: Chloë, Megan, Muirgen and Susan
The Calm of the Day / The Banshee: Tara (both are instrumental fiddle pieces)
The Galway Shawl: Chloë
Black is the Colour: Megan
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 02:47:40 AM by GG » Logged
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2021, 05:14:40 PM »

I actually hope Where Sheep May Safely Graze will be a group song (this title is, after all, specific to these English lyrics, and not the title of the melody itself!), though it would, of course, make a beautiful fiddle solo, and I really hope that Down By The Salley Gardens will be a Megan solo. But of course, any version would be lovely, because both are lovely pieces of music, and solo, group or instrumental, they are always done beautifully.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Postcard's of Ireland Guesses - Theme by GlenS