Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:20:44 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  What we know so far...!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What we know so far...!  (Read 24596 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2021, 03:12:52 PM »

So excited to hear another song!
CelticSweater
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2021, 05:42:36 PM »

I have a really stupid question.  :-[ But will the DVD be released the same day the album comes out?
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2021, 06:44:02 PM »

I have a really stupid question.  :-[ But will the DVD be released the same day the album comes out?
No it has to wait till PBS airs it so I am thinking the dvd will be sometime just before Christmas
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2021, 08:42:43 PM »

The one thing I don't like about Celtic Woman is the wait! ;D but it's worth it!
CelticSweater
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2021, 09:23:31 PM »

@GlenS Thanks!

@rfcw OMG I KNOW!!!!! The waiting drives me even more nuts than I already am (if that's even possible lol). But I agree. It's so worth it!
White Rose

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2021, 10:25:58 AM »

Do we know if there's any different editions of the cd that has any bonus tracks yet? I know they've done that in the past.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2021, 10:07:54 PM »

According to the same website which leaked the new album setlist, our old pals - The Parting Glass, Amazing Grace and Danny Boy - are back for the PBS Special/DVD of PFI...

Source: https://www.sounds-venlo.nl/celtic-woman/postcards-from-ireland_13013517.html
CelticSweater
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2021, 02:32:52 AM »

WOOHOOOOO!!!!! This is awesome!

I'm honestly glad there seems to be no deluxe version of the album that you can only get physical copies of. If they do decide to record and release bonus tracks in the future, hopefully they'll do what they did with Ancient Land and release them digitally.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2021, 10:58:00 AM »

According to the same website which leaked the new album setlist, our old pals - The Parting Glass, Amazing Grace and Danny Boy - are back for the PBS Special/DVD of PFI...

Source: https://www.sounds-venlo.nl/celtic-woman/postcards-from-ireland_13013517.html

And yet another version of Amazing Grace and Danny Boy. Since this is a new director will it be new once again. I don't think they'd repeat Gavin's version apart from there are new mix of voices.

Funny, when You Raise Me Up was one of the always been songs I think it's tiresome and we won't possibly see it again until all members are new.

I can't get enough of Amazing Grace!! As for Danny Boy I might be kinda bored but a new version may change that based on how we're hearing with the two songs!
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2021, 12:12:17 PM »

I suppose they don't have to be new—rights-wise—but I hope they will, simply so that the arrangements will fit in with the rest.
CelticSweater
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2021, 01:57:05 PM »

Well for me personally, I'm looking forward to hearing how they'll sound, whether it's Gavin's versions with just a new mix of voices, or brand new versions altogether. I'm just sooo excited about PFI!
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2021, 04:42:36 PM »

Personally, I still think it's Gavin's versions, but in the voices of the current lineup, maybe with some instrument change, as this album is more orchestrated than Ancient Land.

But there is still the possibility of it being completely new arrangements, and if so I'm really curious to see it. Both versions of Parting Glass are amazing, Gavin's version of Danny Boy is stunning, and David's version of Amazing Grace is super touching. If Daragh is really going to rearrange these songs, he will have to overcome himself.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2021, 04:19:13 PM »

First photo of Postcards from Ireland dresses. Just gorgeous.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2021, 04:36:50 PM »

OMG!! I love it. It is what i was expecting
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2021, 06:50:13 PM »

Look's Christmas Holiday but I mean those colors don't have to be.

At first glance so quick I thought Eabha was on😂 but she does looking a lot like Lisa Kelly ON THAT PIC BANNER and being next to Chloe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What we know so far...! - Theme by GlenS