Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:15:21 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  What we know so far...!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What we know so far...!  (Read 25247 times)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2021, 06:30:13 PM »

I wish there were some samples.

4real... The wait is the only thing that sucks
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2021, 10:29:08 AM »

Chloe and Muirgen seem to currently filming some sort of interview or something similar.
Rocinante

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2021, 08:18:29 AM »

Found this from Celtic Collections page:

We welcome back Chloë for a stunning version of Angel, Megan Walsh & Tara McNeill duet on The Lakes of Pontchartrain, and Susan McFadden performs the haunting May It Be. The album also introduces newest member Muirgen O’Mahony, and includes a performance by British folk group The Longest Johns who join Celtic Woman on a version of Richard Thompson’s Beeswing.

https://www.celticcollections.com/collections/celtic-woman-cd/products/celtic-woman-postcards-from-ireland-cd-pre-order
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2021, 08:38:44 AM »

Now this is interesting. I wouldn't have expected May it Be to be a solo once again, though I am sure it will be lovely!
CelticSweater
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2021, 08:42:08 AM »

WOW!!!!! This is awesome!!!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2021, 09:31:16 AM »

Okay Susan not Angel

But Susan on doing May it Be. That's Huge!
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2021, 02:51:15 PM »

I really enjoyed the May It Be Celebration version as a trio.
CelticSweater
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2021, 08:36:44 PM »

I did too. But I'm also excited to hear Susan's version. :)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2021, 06:20:41 AM »

I absolutely loved such an iconic version in trio that was. The Mairead portion and Megan and Chloe/Susan in three gave me chills.! Now I'm so mesmerized thst Susan is claiming this. Will the other girl's harmonize and all the solo areas be Susan? I thought Chloe, Mairead on another Celtic Woman classic was unique refreshing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:24:50 AM by rfcw » Logged
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2021, 12:32:43 PM »

Muirgen said there'll be some new music next week! I wonder if it's another single or some sort of sneak peak!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2021, 07:30:41 PM »

During her first live Q+A with Celtic Woman, Muirgen mentioned she was looking forward to performing classics such as The Parting Glass and Danny Boy. It's possible those will be on the DVD, although she may have just mentioned them because as a long-time CW fan before she became a member, she'd be well aware those songs are often performed on tour.

Now that Gavin Murphy has moved on from Celtic Woman (presumably on better terms than David Downes), I wonder if they'll continue to use some of the existing arrangements or if they'll roll out new versions of the Parting Glass and Danny Boy for Postcards from Ireland.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2021, 08:02:07 AM »

During her first live Q+A with Celtic Woman, Muirgen mentioned she was looking forward to performing classics such as The Parting Glass and Danny Boy. It's possible those will be on the DVD, although she may have just mentioned them because as a long-time CW fan before she became a member, she'd be well aware those songs are often performed on tour.

Now that Gavin Murphy has moved on from Celtic Woman (presumably on better terms than David Downes), I wonder if they'll continue to use some of the existing arrangements or if they'll roll out new versions of the Parting Glass and Danny Boy for Postcards from Ireland.

New versions yet again, I wonder if that's the case then it will be on other well known classics like May it Be. The fan favorites will always stay and so forth need yet another new version for Danny Boy, maybe Amazing Grace, The Parting Glass, You Raise Me Up and Orinoco Flow. However can they make another version some of these had it's 4th or 5th version!

I'm also more interested in this:
who will sing Dulaman now?
will they drop Dulaman
Can they turn it into a group form like Danny Boy and Caranua did.

Chloe should have a turn finally to this.
Overall I would love seeing someone else like Susan take the current Dulaman to see how it differs.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:08:13 AM by rfcw » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2021, 08:33:32 AM »

I don't think they will have to redo the classic songs again, the only reason they did it in 2016 was because David D sued CW Ltd for not paying the license to use their songs on tours, probably in his contract warns this right to a share of the profits. Mistakes we've only made once in a lifetime and I doubt CW Ltd put that same "right" into Gavin's contract. So I think it's unlikely, a new VoA 2.0, the only reason to re-arrange the old songs is just one: If the new producer wants it, if he thinks his version will be better...
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2021, 01:38:18 PM »

Tara just announced on CW's social media today that NEW music from the Postcards from Ireland is coming this Friday (October 8th). She didn't say what the track is but I can assume it's probably going to be something like Wild Mountain Thyme  ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:58:48 PM by GG » Logged
CelticSweater
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2021, 02:28:33 PM »

OMG this is getting so exciting!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What we know so far...! - Theme by GlenS