Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:46:17 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  What we know so far...!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What we know so far...!  (Read 24603 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: July 26, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »

Since Postcards from Ireland is currently in the making, and our girls are very busy, here's the place to list all that we do know for sure about it yet.

• Tara, Megan, Muirgen and Chloe are the definite album line up, but Susan is also at least partly involved
  • The dvd/special will consist of various films shot all over Ireland, which presumeably make up the postcards
  • There will be songs or scenes filmed at sunrise
  • One of the songs will probably be Wild Mountain Thyme

Update from 4. September:

We will get to hear new music on Friday, 10. September. Whether this means the entire album, an individual single, or a preview, is not yet known.

The album tracklist, at least for the "basic" version, is likely as follows:
  • The Dawning of the Day
  • Bonny Portmore
  • Mise Éire
  • Wild Mountain Thyme
  • Beeswing
  • Down By The Salley Gardens
  • Where Sheep May Safely Graze
  • Angel
  • The Lakes of Pontchartrain
  • May it Be
  • The Clam of the Day / The Banshee
  • The Galway Shawl
  • Black is the Colour

That means it consists mostly of traditional Irish music, but also a few contemporary and classical songs. It has also two re-recordings. There does not seem to be an original song on the album, unless some of the songs are not the expected versions, and instead share the same title.

It is, as of yet, not known who performs which songs. However, it is likely that May it Be will be similar to the version from the Celebration tour. Track 11 might be a violin solo, as this is often the case with Celtic Woman songs that consists of two songs. It is also likely that Down By The Salley Gardens will be the Britten's setting, as it is very popular with many CW fans, and the traditional Irish air of the same name has already been used for Moorlough Shore. All of this is, of course, merely speculation of my part and might be wildly incorrect.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 10:36:46 AM by ShiningBright » Logged
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 12:26:32 PM »

I'm also sure some of the band members will be getting involved in the DVD/PBS special. John Hunt and Darragh Murphy have put up Instagram stories of them at different places across the country, so it'll be interesting to see what we'll get from the girls!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 02:18:02 PM by GG » Logged
Marcou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 12:43:23 PM »

Hi guys, I was going through Chloe’s Instagram stories and I clicked on one of the account tagged by Chloe - it belonged to a member of the filming crew and this man posted a picture of his clapperboard with “Wild Mountain Thyme - Take 1” written on it.

So we can assume that the girls are going to cover this gorgeous song!!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:45:55 PM by Marcou » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 05:25:29 PM »

Meav has them down!! I so loved the Divinas version!"
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 10:13:56 PM »

Hi guys, I was going through Chloe’s Instagram stories and I clicked on one of the account tagged by Chloe - it belonged to a member of the filming crew and this man posted a picture of his clapperboard with “Wild Mountain Thyme - Take 1” written on it.

Nice find! That's a beautiful song!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 07:44:48 AM »

They've been doing sunrise filming in various locations around Ireland. This'll be a gorgeous dvd!
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 09:06:24 AM »

Updated the list. This going to be really exciting!
GG

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 09:53:13 AM »

I just looked on Chloë's Instagram but it wasn't there. What's the guy's name and what's his account called?
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 01:14:10 PM »

According to Wikipedia, the new album is supposed to come out late September, but I cannot find any source. Does anyone know where they got this (supposed) information? Or is this just unfounded speculation?
Marcou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 06:59:11 PM »

I just looked on Chloë's Instagram but it wasn't there. What's the guy's name and what's his account called?

The guy’s name is “movecrew”. He hasn’t posted today.
ShiningBright

View Profile My blog
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 11:36:21 PM »

Well, look at this! https://www.instagram.com/p/CRo5qY6Lqr9/
GG

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 01:40:45 AM »

The guy’s name is “movecrew”. He hasn’t posted today.
Thank you, that really helped!
GG

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 01:41:52 AM »

Well, look at this! https://www.instagram.com/p/CRo5qY6Lqr9/
Eek! So exciting!  ;D
GG

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 02:19:05 PM »

Since Postcards from Ireland is currently in the making, and our girls are very busy, here's the place to list all that we do know for sure about it yet.

• Tara, Megan, Muirgen and Chloe are the definite album line up, but Susan is also at least partly involved
  • The dvd/special will consist of various films shot all over Ireland, which presumeably make up the postcards
  • There will be songs or scenes filmed at sunrise
  • One of the songs will probably be Wild Mountain Thyme

This special isn't the first time Celtic Woman have done something of the magnitude of filming on location, though; as Mairéad C., Susan, Éabha, Tara and Anthony Byrne made a stunner of Amazing Grace for the British TV show Songs of Praise back in 2017: https://youtu.be/8Fh4ybwRP2I
Marcou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2021, 03:26:33 PM »

Just went on the Instagram account of one of the member of the crew (his Instagram name is “Donalfoto”) and he posted two stories today, I’m gonna retyped what was written but I’m gonna try to insert the screenshot I captured.

“And that’s a wrap! Two weeks of non-stop shooting a very special set of music videos. 3000k of travelling in the car. Up at silly o’clock each day. Pooped! What day is it?”

The second one might give out the amount of songs we can expect for the new album:

“16 videos in 13 days. They said it “it couldn’t be done”. They were wrong”

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What we know so far...! - Theme by GlenS