Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:18:08 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  A rare performance of You Raise Me Up in a rare country...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A rare performance of You Raise Me Up in a rare country...  (Read 1482 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2021, 03:00:31 PM »

While browsing on YouTube I found this extremely rarely-seen performance of You Raise Me Up by Chloë, Órla, Máiréad, Lynn and Alex, recorded for a Japanese television special (no info as to what it was sadly) back in 2008 (no date unfortunately but I can assume it would've been around the New Year/January when it was recorded as the Japanese leg of the A New Journey tour had finished, Méav had just left the group, and Lisa K. was on maternity leave).

Lynn and Alex, in particular, really get their moment to shine here when it comes to them singing Méav and Lisa's parts. I do believe that this was one of their first proper performances with Celtic Woman and they SMASHED it! Japan is a country with cultures I greatly admire so the fact that Celtic Woman have some fans down there makes me pretty happy.

https://youtu.be/dYkIWEC8tmg
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 12:15:16 PM »

While browsing on YouTube I found this extremely rarely-seen performance of You Raise Me Up by Chloë, Órla, Máiréad, Lynn and Alex, recorded for a Japanese television special (no info as to what it was sadly) back in 2008 (no date unfortunately but I can assume it would've been around the New Year/January when it was recorded as the Japanese leg of the A New Journey tour had finished, Méav had just left the group, and Lisa K. was on maternity leave).

Lynn and Alex, in particular, really get their moment to shine here when it comes to them singing Méav and Lisa's parts. I do believe that this was one of their first proper performances with Celtic Woman and they SMASHED it! Japan is a country with cultures I greatly admire so the fact that Celtic Woman have some fans down there makes me pretty happy.

https://youtu.be/dYkIWEC8tmg

For Alex actually not for Lynn unless going by a music video Lynn too! Alex came in to fill In 2008. Meav departed it was around 2007 that Lynn started her first tour aside them. Lisa K was part of that tour while she was looking pregnant they created new dresses for her one was dark Ruby red!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 12:17:26 PM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, A rare performance of You Raise Me Up in a rare country... - Theme by GlenS