Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:05 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration's on Tour
| | | |-+  2021 Tour Postponed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2021 Tour Postponed  (Read 8931 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2021, 01:33:21 PM »

It looks like Celtic Woman is going to be postponing the Celebration tour to 2022 due to the ongoing pandemic situation:

https://www.celticwoman.com/tour-rescheduling-announcement-2020/

Unsure if the Christmas tour might also get impacted in 2021. Hopefully things will be better by then.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 03:52:09 PM »

I think we are due some interest from the Venues on the tickets we have been sitting on now going to be 2 years. Then CW should just come out with a new show as Celebration 17 years don't sound right. Might as well just move on or let the girls do online shows or meet and greets to help support themselves.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 06:48:21 PM »

I think we are due some interest from the Venues on the tickets we have been sitting on now going to be 2 years. Then CW should just come out with a new show as Celebration 17 years don't sound right. Might as well just move on or let the girls do online shows or meet and greets to help support themselves.

Yeah, I'd be happy with a new show instead of them finishing the Celebration tour in 2022. I hope they'll let us help if they need it. They have given us so much. Time for us to return the favor and get them through this.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 08:29:40 AM »

They are going to have the same problem that a lot of performers will have.  Primarily, will the fans return?  Typically, I'll go to maybe 5 shows a year.  This year, I had tickets for 3.   They typically start the tour in Florida, which is where I live.  I'll probably hang on to that ticket.  I haven't decided about requesting a refund on the other two.  There was a reason I picked those two -- that reason doesn't exist any more.

In the past, I was OK with paying the premium to do a Meet & Greet.  That was a function of where and what shows I went to.  I'm pretty sure that the days of a M&G are over.  I do understand and accept it.  I did get the feeling that CW was trying to phase them out. 

It will be very interesting to see how things unfold.  Will the lineup be the same?  Can they record new music?  Will the lineup be the same?

ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 07:05:53 PM »

This is worrying! After this announcement I have many doubts in my mind and it may be interesting to share with you. I am concerned about the financial situation of the group, how will they support themselves? it's been almost two years without working on anything, so it makes me a little anxious. Another main doubt is: Chloë! Will she still be in the group? Theoretically, she would only be in the group just for the Celebration tour, and as far as the 2022 tour is concerned, it will no longer be "Celebration" but something new based on the "new PBS special".

My Hypotheses:
1. Chloë's journey back in the group is over and this will be the end of her activities as a "special guest". And a new girl will be announced for the recording of the show in Ireland.

2. The CW board has changed plans and the shows in Ireland will be based entirely on last year's tour and will be the Celebration DVD and Chloë will participate in both the DVD and the 2022 Tour. And the real "new PBS special" will be postponed next year.

3. In some countries Pandemic has already stagnated (Australia & New Zealand) and in some countries vaccination has already started (UK) and others will start in late January (Brazil, my country). If Ireland may be able to end the pandemic there, perhaps CW will tour there to earn money for future projects.

But what you guys think?
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 07:46:52 PM »

Ireland is paying everyone $1794.00 a month

as far as i know there was no new dvd shooting at the shows in Ireland
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 08:21:29 PM by GlenS » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 09:31:23 PM »

In fact, the shows in Killarney - Ireland have not been rescheduled to the next year. There are three shows that will take place in August, and Tara confirmed last year that it would be recording a new PBS special.
https://www.celticwoman.com/tour-dates/
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 12:59:16 PM »

I emailed CW office to John Flanagan asking if they would allow the girls to do online meet and greets (Fee based) and this is what i got back from him

Hi Glen

Thank you for your email and greetings from Ireland on a lovely Sunday morning in Dublin.

I will forward your suggestion on to the Management of Celtic Woman for their consideration.

It is very disappointing that the 2021 Spring tour of North America has had to be postponed due to Covid-19, but hopefully Celtic Woman will be able to recommence touring  in the not too distant future.

Thank you Glen for your continued support of Celtic Woman.

Kind regards

John Flanagan

Celtic Woman / Celtic Collections
Celtic Mews
185 Lower Rathmines Road
Dublin 6, Ireland

You all can email John at the info@celticwoman.com and in the subject line of the email put his name

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 11:08:37 PM »

Thanks for asking about virtual meet and greets Glen! That would be so much fun, I hope they start doing those!

For the Killarney shows, my guess is that they're something new. I'm hoping those shows can happen in August as currently scheduled!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 03:13:38 PM »

So based on a quick Google search, the BBC has a report that says Ireland has the world's highest new Covid cases per million people.  The situation in the hospitals has been described as a "national emergency.".  Somehow, that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the taping show.

kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 06:43:58 PM »

So based on a quick Google search, the BBC has a report that says Ireland has the world's highest new Covid cases per million people.  The situation in the hospitals has been described as a "national emergency.".  Somehow, that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the taping show.

That's awful. If they still have the show, they're probably going to limit the amount of people attending
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 01:05:43 PM »

I don't see why they couldn't record a show with no audience at all. It would be different, sure, but everything is different these days, and while an audience adds to the atmosphere, it is not necessary for a recording.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 11:08:35 PM »

I sent an email telling them I'd like to see them open the vault and release old shows from past tours (i.e. something from Red Rocks or Wolf Trap, Radio City with PS22 chorus, perhaps the first ever North American show etc).
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 06:36:20 AM »

I sent an email telling them I'd like to see them open the vault and release old shows from past tours (i.e. something from Red Rocks or Wolf Trap, Radio City with PS22 chorus, perhaps the first ever North American show etc).

That would be amazing! Great idea!
John910

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 03:02:14 PM »

Maybe they could do a virtual concert (with no audience) for drive in theaters?

Also I like the idea of releasing old shows from past tours which maybe could also be shown at drive in theaters.

The drive in close to where I live had virtual concerts last summer.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, 2021 Tour Postponed - Theme by GlenS