Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:07:48 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  New Members
| | |-+  A quick intro
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A quick intro  (Read 2763 times)
PiperBoy

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2020, 09:06:59 PM »

Dia daoibh, a chairde!

Is mise Kevin. Tá Béarla agus beagán Gaeilge agam. However, as this is an English-language forum, I'll stick to posting as Béarla.

I was first introduced to Celtic Woman in 2015 when I had to research Irish music for a performance of Brian Friel's Translations that I was sound designing. While it wasn't suited to the play, I grew quite fond of Celtic Woman's music and have been hooked ever since, so much so that I wrote a paper and a presentation on their renditions of "Sadhbh Ní Bhruinneallaigh"/"Sive" and "Mo Ghile Mear" for one of my uni classes.

Since declaring a favorite performer seems to be the trend in these intro posts, I would say mine is probably be Éabha McMahon.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »

Dia daoibh, a chairde!

Is mise Kevin. Tá Béarla agus beagán Gaeilge agam. However, as this is an English-language forum, I'll stick to posting as Béarla.

I was first introduced to Celtic Woman in 2015 when I had to research Irish music for a performance of Brian Friel's Translations that I was sound designing. While it wasn't suited to the play, I grew quite fond of Celtic Woman's music and have been hooked ever since, so much so that I wrote a paper and a presentation on their renditions of "Sadhbh Ní Bhruinneallaigh"/"Sive" and "Mo Ghile Mear" for one of my uni classes.

Since declaring a favorite performer seems to be the trend in these intro posts, I would say mine is probably be Éabha McMahon.

Every Celtic Woman member is a great choice for a favorite and the amazing Éabha is no exception.

Welcome to the forum!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 11:43:04 PM »

Welcome! That's very cool that you wrote a paper and presentation on Celtic Woman's music. Have fun here!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, A quick intro - Theme by GlenS