Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:28:49 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Ancient Land
| | |-+  Countdown to Ancient Land on PBS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Ancient Land on PBS!  (Read 9480 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2018, 10:55:49 PM »

Celtic Woman Ancient Land is airing on Buffalo PBS (WNED):

Saturday, November 24, 06:00 pm on WNED-TV
Friday, November 30, 03:00 am on WNED-TV

Duration:
1:59:00

Description:
Delight in the shimmering voices and enchanting music of this new concert filmed at the beautiful Johnstown Castle in Wexford, Ireland. Features stunning new music from the latest album, Ancient Land, along with a selection of timeless classics.

That means the first airing on PBS for me is just a few days before I see the Celtic Woman: Best of Christmas tour!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:01:52 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 11:32:00 PM »

Seattle PBS (KCTS-9) is showing Celtic Woman LOTS of love, with 3 airings of Homecoming and 10 scheduled airings of Ancient Land over the next month.  ;D

https://kcts9.org/schedule/all/results?title=Celtic+woman&station=227&topic=All
avalonfreak06

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:55:56 PM »

Seattle PBS (KCTS-9) is showing Celtic Woman LOTS of love, with 3 airings of Homecoming and 10 scheduled airings of Ancient Land over the next month.  ;D

https://kcts9.org/schedule/all/results?title=Celtic+woman&station=227&topic=All

Someone please record some bits from the special! :) My PBS station has decided not to play the special. They said they werent aware that CW was going to be in the area and so they arent airing it because of that! I tend to have trouble with this PBS station. So over them! :/
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »

I'm not sure how I'm going to watch the special either.  It doesn't come up in any searches in my local PBS station's schedule.  I have an Amazon Fire Stick so installed the PBS app on that and I pretended that my local station is KCTS-9 (thanks, Tom!).  It doesn't seem to provide a live stream of the station, but it does have lots of videos available so maybe Ancient Land will show up there at some point.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 03:56:49 PM »

Just saw this and thought"hmmm...let me check the Providence PBS station.....sure enough, Celtic Woman Ancient Land, Saturday, Nov. 24th at 6:00 p.m. They`ll be offering tickets for sale but I already beat them to it and got my front row "pit" ticket the morning they went on sale ....show is April 2nd.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »

I'm not sure how I'm going to watch the special either.  It doesn't come up in any searches in my local PBS station's schedule.  I have an Amazon Fire Stick so installed the PBS app on that and I pretended that my local station is KCTS-9 (thanks, Tom!).  It doesn't seem to provide a live stream of the station, but it does have lots of videos available so maybe Ancient Land will show up there at some point.

Maybe. They tend not to post full programs online for on-demand playback unless it's a series they designed to only be available on their website for subscribers.

They weren't even aware Celtic Woman was coming? I wonder what happened there. Maybe they'll have something in the March pledge drive instead of fall like some of the other stations, but by then we'll all have at least one copy of the DVD.

Neither Detroit or Rochester have the special listed yet, although both have told me they'll have M+G tickets in December. I suspect that most of the stations that will be airing the special this year will post it in their schedule within the next two weeks.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 06:25:49 PM »

Just saw this and thought"hmmm...let me check the Providence PBS station.....sure enough, Celtic Woman Ancient Land, Saturday, Nov. 24th at 6:00 p.m. They`ll be offering tickets for sale but I already beat them to it and got my front row "pit" ticket the morning they went on sale ....show is April 2nd.

Nice!
avalonfreak06

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 06:31:48 PM »

Maybe. They tend not to post full programs online for on-demand playback unless it's a series they designed to only be available on their website for subscribers.

They weren't even aware Celtic Woman was coming? I wonder what happened there. Maybe they'll have something in the March pledge drive instead of fall like some of the other stations, but by then we'll all have at least one copy of the DVD.

Neither Detroit or Rochester have the special listed yet, although both have told me they'll have M+G tickets in December. I suspect that most of the stations that will be airing the special this year will post it in their schedule within the next two weeks.

I always tell our PBS station I am going to stop supporting them because they never show the programs when they release to everyone else. I flat out tell them that since the special will be out on DVD by the time that they decide to put it on the air, that I have no problem taking my business elsewhere. They always seem to apologize profusely about it but never really do anything about it lol
Jack1949

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 07:06:02 PM »

For those in the Phila area, WHYY will be airing Anciant Land on Wed, Nov 28, 9 to 10:30 pm.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »

The Ancient Land tour is not coming to Las Vegas, or any place that would be a short drive away.  I was just hoping that Vegas PBS would show the Ancient Land special anyway.  I'll probably check the schedule a few more times before November 24.  Thanks for the info, Tom.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:39:20 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 09:55:55 PM »

The Ancient Land tour is not coming to Las Vegas, or any place that would be a short drive away.  I was just hoping that Vegas PBS would show the Ancient Land special anyway.  I'll probably check the schedule a few more times before November 24.  Thanks for the info, Tom.

Even if there's no show nearby, PBS could still do well on CDs and DVDs during the pledge drives. And you would think they would do better before everyone has the CD and DVD already from elsewhere. Getting the DVD early through PBS should be a pretty big incentive for people to get it during the pledge drive. The ball is in their court, I guess.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 10:30:16 PM »

I'm not sure yet how I'll see it before the DVD release either. The one PBS station I get told me they'll be airing it in March. Lame! I'll have the DVD before that. I'm seriously considering buying out the remaining 6 months of my cable contract to switch back to Dish, because there's another PBS station in northern MN that is airing it and I did get that station when I had Dish last year while Homecoming was airing. Don't think I can handle waiting until the DVD release to see it when I could see it less than 2 weeks from now!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 10:29:10 AM »

Ancient Land on Rochester PBS (WXXI):

Tuesday, Nov. 27
8:00 PM EST

Detroit PBS hasn't posted Ancient Land in their schedule yet, but probably will within the next week.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 12:13:56 AM »

Oooh oooh oooh, I don't need to switch back to Dish! Just checked the website of the one PBS station (TPT Minneapolis) I get and Ancient Land is airing November 28th!! Yaaaassssss!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:19:52 AM by Tracie » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 02:17:24 PM »

WPT which is Wisconsin public TV is areing the special on Nov 25th at 3:30 pm and the 26th at 11:00 pm on the main channel both days
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Countdown to Ancient Land on PBS! - Theme by GlenS