Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:14 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Other Musicians (Moderator: CWazyTom)
| | |-+  Elton John
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elton John  (Read 2637 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: December 23, 2018, 04:09:35 PM »

Any Elton John fans here? I must admit, I am a huge fan of Elton John. Although I'd have never expected such a thing to happen, I saw him live in 2016. It was amazing. A Wonderful Crazy Night for sure, just as it was called. I've been a fan since I was a child, and always wanted to see him life - while being absolutely certain that I wouldn't. His music means very much to me, and I have to say, Elton John is an incredible musician. I can't think of a single bad song - even his music from the 80s is a lot better than most people give credit for. I even dare say, some of his best songs are from that time, although I am usually alone with that opinion.
prideslaw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 02:24:27 PM »

I saw him this September in Buffalo. In fact I had to leave the Ancient Land recording in Ireland on the Friday so that I could get back to Buffalo in time for the Saturday performance (I had bought the Elton John VIP package before getting the CW invite to Johnstown).

I've put a few picture of the concert out on my drive. Fabulous evening and like Phil Collins (I saw in October) they both sound very much the same as they did 40 years ago! The songs have so much OOmph and GO, the folks in the 1st 5 rows just wouldn't sit down - never had to stand up for most of a concert before!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bseUTcykr4b01iBbyQN8yREgcXAicKyb?usp=sharing

I wanted to close the loop as it were, as I had seen him at Earls Court in London 40 or so years ago.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 08:58:51 AM »

Yes, I really enjoy Elton John's music! I saw him in concert with Billy Joel nearly 10 years ago. It was fantastic! They each had a set, plus they did some duets and did some song swaps, with each singing the other's songs. Loved seeing them both! That was the only time I've seen Elton John live. I've seen Billy Joel two other times and he puts on incredible shows!
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 10:23:35 AM »

Thanks for responding, both of you! That's really cool!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Elton John - Theme by GlenS